Crabbycanary3

So, if we beat Arsenal and Southampton

Could that turn out to be 3 consecutive matches where we may be 'responsible' for the opposition manager getting sacked? I'm sure that would be a first.

Please note, that at the time of writing, no manager of Everton, Arsenal or Southampton have left their job. 🙂 

Others managers are available from the your local LMA of course.

PS Crabby, Camborne going well in their league and only third on bonus points. Trouble is the committee have told everyone we can't afford to be promoted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Others managers are available from the your local LMA of course.

PS Crabby, Camborne going well in their league and only third on bonus points. Trouble is the committee have told everyone we can't afford to be promoted.

A good season on the cards hopefully kg? My team (North Walsham) is top of their League (Level 6) and we were having a similar conversation at the weekend. We felt that we (as a Club) would have to come up with some inventive sponsorships/funding (we don't play players) for next season, if we went up, but the one thing we were not sure of is how much (extra?) funding we'd receive from the RFU (They've already cut our travelling subsistence for this season 😞 )

What extra costs are your committee expecting, if you got promoted?

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Managers don't get sacked they just collect their pay-offs and jump back on the merry-go-round.

Indeed. If managers resigned they would forfeit their compensation. That is why they always wait for the push rather than jump off the cliff. 

I get what you say. Hopefully Emery is still in the hot seat after Frankfurt visit on Thursday and the pressure will certainly be on him.

40 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

A good season on the cards hopefully kg? My team (North Walsham) is top of their League (Level 6) and we were having a similar conversation at the weekend. We felt that we (as a Club) would have to come up with some inventive sponsorships/funding (we don't play players) for next season, if we went up, but the one thing we were not sure of is how much (extra?) funding we'd receive from the RFU (They've already cut our travelling subsistence for this season 😞 )

That's some achievement with no one on the pitch!

• Haha 1

Struggling teams away or at home get a boost when facing Norwich.  Look at Villa and Man U's recent wins at Carrow which ended poor away form could the Saints and Arsenal put the brakes instantly on the Norwich revival.  Sincerely hope not. 

49 minutes ago, pete said:

Struggling teams away or at home get a boost when facing Norwich.  Look at Villa and Man U's recent wins at Carrow which ended poor away form could the Saints and Arsenal put the brakes instantly on the Norwich revival.  Sincerely hope not. 

I must have missed Everton's boost. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Banjoman said:

I must have missed Everton's boost. 

Just imagine the scoreline without the boost...

what's our record PL victory again?

Edit: 1-5 vs Everton, of course!
There was also a 4-0 vs WHam

Edited by GenerationA47

On 25/11/2019 at 10:44, Crabbycanary3 said:

Could that turn out to be 3 consecutive matches where we may be 'responsible' for the opposition manager getting sacked? I'm sure that would be a first.

Please note, that at the time of writing, no manager of Everton, Arsenal or Southampton have left their job. 🙂 

That's a very big IF but it's nice to have that confidence back after the Everton game to even think it's possible. 

Would be lovely to beat them both and then beat Sheff utd and go above them.

Hi Crabby. Apart from the expense of having to pay certain players, if not all, the main expanse is traveling. Bury St Edmunds would be the furthest with Leicester Lions probably the same distance but easier to get to. Westcliff is Southend and there are 6 London teams. We would have Redruth though. And thank goodness Guernsey were relegated to London and Midland. They pay for the flights but you have to pay for your Hotels.
As you say the RFU has cut travelling expenses and it becomes so pricey to have overnight stays. Bournemouth walked our league last year and are cut adrift at the bottom after promotion.