City 2nd

Sheffield Utd fixture change.

Could someone enlighten me as to the reason for the change to the Sheffield Utd fixture

to Sunday 8th Dec, 1400 k.o. as it doesn’t appear to be  on Sky or BT sport that I can see.

Probably because we are playing away at Southampton the Wednesday before.

The Saints game is the first on Amazon Prime (for us at least.)

I have Prime membership but suspect that this will still cost more to watch, as they charge extra to watch quite a lot of stuff as it is.

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I have Prime membership but suspect that this will still cost more to watch, as they charge extra to watch quite a lot of stuff as it is.

The game has been moved because Sheff Utd's game on Prime is on the Thursday night.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

No extra charge to watch the game. All under Prime video 🙂

17 minutes ago, Ratchaz said:

No extra charge to watch the game. All under Prime video 🙂

Sounds like a good time have a free trial of that prime thingy. I think I just might.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Sounds like a good time have a free trial of that prime thingy. I think I just might.

Little tip for anyone doing the free trial, I believe it's a month trial:

Be aware that our game at Villa Park is also on Prime on boxing day, Southampton is on the 4th, so start your trial AFTER 26th November to make sure you're still in it for the Villa game too 👍

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Be aware that our game at Villa Park is also on Prime on boxing day, Southampton is on the 4th, so start your trial AFTER 26th November to make sure you're still in it for the Villa game too 👍

Cheers,  will do exactly that. 

1 hour ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Is it like sky where you need to give 31 days notice to cancel or is it immediately after you’ve clicked cancel ?

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Is it like sky where you need to give 31 days notice to cancel or is it immediately after you’ve clicked cancel ?

Not 100% sure what it's like now as I am now a Prime member. But I used to use the trials whenever they were available, and from what I remember there's no notice.

I used to sign up (have to give card details, obviously) and then cancel the very next day. Then in your Amazon account it just shows that Prime will cancel at the end of the trial period.

So unless that's changed which I doubt it would have, you should be perfectly fine.

46 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Not 100% sure what it's like now as I am now a Prime member. But I used to use the trials whenever they were available, and from what I remember there's no notice.

I used to sign up (have to give card details, obviously) and then cancel the very next day. Then in your Amazon account it just shows that Prime will cancel at the end of the trial period.

So unless that's changed which I doubt it would have, you should be perfectly fine.

I’ve run out of likes so have one of these 👍 what’s the film content like ?

31 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’ve run out of likes so have one of these 👍 what’s the film content like ?

Average to be fair. Couple of good series on there though (currently watching Fear the walking dead). Netflix is far, far superior for that sort of thing.

But the combination of some good shows, free next day delivery and Amazon music makes it worth it for me.

Also, if you do get prime, trial or otherwise, be sure to watch 'Take Us Home' - the story of Leeds Utd last season (6 episodes documenting their whole season).

Beyond hilarious watching behind the scenes of Spygate, Dan James transfer saga, the fallout from the Villa ghost goal, playoff v FLs Derby County and them bottling it to us and Sheff Utd.

A great watch, for anyone but Leeds fans

Plus you can have up to 5 members on one subscription. For £79 a year that equals £1.32 each per month.

6 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Prime is a great service but you have to be a little careful if you only want the free month trial.

When you set it up it tells you that £7.99 per month will be deducted by direct debit after the free month expires but they do give you an option to ask for an e-mail reminder three days before the first debit. At one time they used to send the reminder automatically but I'm not sure if they do that now.

When you click ' cancel ' it does it instantly.

• Like 1

My health cover (Vitality) has a thing where I get Prime free some months if I get enough points per week eg walking 7,000 + steps per day often enough. It means I pay about £3 per month for Prime on average which is worth it to me for the convenience- I order quite a lot of stuff from Amazon.

fir the TV, I don’t bother with films as Netflix is better and it’s really irritating on Prime to pick a film and discover it still costs extra on top.

there are some good series which are only on Prime though, such as The Man In The High Castle, Outlander, Fear the Walking Dead and Westworld, 

• Like 1