Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Villa interested in Emi

22 hours ago, Well b back said:

Lol just back from Birmingham and lots of Villa fans. They are the most deluded set of fans ( that includes Leeds ).

They actually beleive in January that they are going to sign Pukki. Pukki apparently wants to sign for a major club. They seem to think they fit that bill.

I do however feel that Emi maybe on his way somewhere come January as someone will make an offer we can’t refuse. 

I've always felt Villa are the most deluded set of fans there are. And I say that as a one-season Leeds Utd season ticket holder (Champions League season). Back in the days of the 606 forum the Villa fans were on another planet. I remember O'Leary went there after they'd narrowly avoided relegation. They had only 16 professionals, but he got a letter from a Villa fan saying 'Welcome to Aston Villa. We expect Champions League qualification'. He kept them up and said he thought he'd done a good job, but he was getting hate mail. Deluded.

I remember waiting for the bus after a Leeds game once and some fans were talking about Woodgate possibly moving to Real Madrid. One slack-jawed no-teethed Leeds scr ote proclaimed 'I dont know why he'd want to go there - Madrid's nice and all, but there's NO club in the WORLD as big as Leeds Utd' And he believed it

Edited by The Great Mass Debater
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I've always felt Villa are the most deluded set of fans there are. And I say that as a one-season Leeds Utd season ticket holder (Champions League season). Back in the days of the 606 forum the Villa fans were on another planet. I remember O'Leary went there after they'd narrowly avoided relegation. They had only 16 professionals, but he got a letter from a Villa fan saying 'Welcome to Aston Villa. We expect Champions League qualification'. He kept them up and said he thought he'd done a good job, but he was getting hate mail. Deluded.

I remember waiting for the bus after a Leeds game once and some fans were talking about Woodgate possibly moving to Real Madrid. One slack-jawed no-teethed Leeds scr ote proclaimed 'I dont know why he'd want to go there - Madrid's nice and all, but there's NO club in the WORLD as big as Leeds Utd' And he believed it

I'd second that- the collective delusions of grandeur amongst Villa fans are something else. Since I've been able to remember Villa are a lower mid-table Premier League team yet their fans think they're as big as Spurs or Arsenal.

• Like 1

On 24/11/2019 at 18:11, duke63 said:

You don't recoup money when you have to sell and players want to leave.

OK, you know best - but I'll stick with my opinion that Villa would comfortably get £100m for those 3 and with two billionaires in charge relegation would clearly not be the disaster you claim for Villa. Watford maybe, but not Villa.

3 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

OK, you know best - but I'll stick with my opinion that Villa would comfortably get £100m for those 3 and with two billionaires in charge relegation would clearly not be the disaster you claim for Villa. Watford maybe, but not Villa.

I think the main issue for Villa would be any potential FFP punishment if they go down. You're right the squad has a good numbers of salable assets if they go down but if they then got a transfer ban they'd have issues replacing those players.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think the main issue for Villa would be any potential FFP punishment if they go down. You're right the squad has a good numbers of salable assets if they go down but if they then got a transfer ban they'd have issues replacing those players.

Unless I misunderstand FFP, if they sell over £100m of assets it is likely that any trading loss would comfortably be within FFP tolerances - hence my conclusion that relegation would not be a disaster; however, timing is everything and if they are carrying forward two years of losses they may need to move smartly. 

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Unless I misunderstand FFP, if they sell over £100m of assets it is likely that any trading loss would comfortably be within FFP tolerances - hence my conclusion that relegation would not be a disaster; however, timing is everything and if they are carrying forward two years of losses they may need to move smartly. 

I think it is about backdated losses- if Villa hadn't gone up last season then I think they would have fallen foul of FFP but those punishments can't be enacted while teams are in the Premier League.

£120m spend not enough for Villa they want to spend another £30m.  Would have thought their owners might want to see a better return on their investment before splashing out again just above the relegation spots until yesterday.  Irrespective of the outlay they do not appear world beaters just yet.  Think Emi might have better suitors than The Vile.

Would not be surprised if a young English forward called Todd Cantwell is not on the minds of certain clubs come Jan / Summer

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Let's not worry about January! I am entirely confident that we won't sell any of the first team players. We don't need to, so why would we?

Yes, Jan can see some stupid figures bandied about but I really can't see us selling any of our better performers.

Case closed.

We'll sell who we want to sell. That's the benefit of being stable financially at the moment. There may well be some business, but we don't have to do anything that we don't want to. In or out.

On 26/11/2019 at 16:10, BobLoz3 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Let's not worry about January! I am entirely confident that we won't sell any of the first team players. We don't need to, so why would we?

Yes, Jan can see some stupid figures bandied about but I really can't see us selling any of our better performers.

Case closed.

You may well be right ( and I hope you are ) but Webber I thought beleives any player should be sold when a top valuation is reached. Ironically did he not question as to why Villa did not let Grealish go toy Villa ? With Byram in the wings for instance would we turn down a massive offer for Aaron’s or even Lewis ? I feel someone will go as heads get so turned in January.