Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Villa interested in Emi

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Their fans would very much like the signing reading the comments . 

They likely would but they wont get him in January.

Lol just back from Birmingham and lots of Villa fans. They are the most deluded set of fans ( that includes Leeds ).

They actually beleive in January that they are going to sign Pukki. Pukki apparently wants to sign for a major club. They seem to think they fit that bill.

I do however feel that Emi maybe on his way somewhere come January as someone will make an offer we can’t refuse. 

Emi is still young and learning, like many of our squad. We should keep him and nurture his skills, as, like Todd and others, he has a big future and under DF he will mature and show us how good he can be.

Selling him now is counter productive. He needs time to adjust.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Lol just back from Birmingham and lots of Villa fans. They are the most deluded set of fans ( that includes Leeds ).

They actually beleive in January that they are going to sign Pukki. Pukki apparently wants to sign for a major club. They seem to think they fit that bill.

I do however feel that Emi maybe on his way somewhere come January as someone will make an offer we can’t refuse. 

Now Srbeny is firing we can let Pukki move on 😉

• Haha 2

Once he gets his head around this league and cuts out some little mistakes, he will be immense. 

Stand by for a Emi inspired second half of the season. 

• Like 1

Emi, just like everyone else in the squad, has suffered a crisis of confidence that hopefully will now recede- he's been reluctant to release the ball and has lost possession too much as a result, and rightly has found himself on the bench.

Stats don't lie- even his role in Srbeny's goal today was in what I've taken to calling the 'Buendia position', in between the lines, right of the box, and the last pass before a goalscoring chance. He'll be back, but what is still concerning is that within 5 minutes of coming on again today he was trying to dribble out of trouble 20 yards from our goal defending a lead and lost the ball.

He needs to get with it, and he'll be moving to someone better for 20-25mil before his contract is up. If he doesn't he'll find himself back in Spain playing for an also-ran.

• Like 1

Big spending Villa, despite stuffing us sit only 1 point better off, albeit with a game in hand. I would certainly be sweating it if I was Dean Smith.

8 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Emi, just like everyone else in the squad, has suffered a crisis of confidence that hopefully will now recede- he's been reluctant to release the ball and has lost possession too much as a result, and rightly has found himself on the bench.

Stats don't lie- even his role in Srbeny's goal today was in what I've taken to calling the 'Buendia position', in between the lines, right of the box, and the last pass before a goalscoring chance. He'll be back, but what is still concerning is that within 5 minutes of coming on again today he was trying to dribble out of trouble 20 yards from our goal defending a lead and lost the ball.

He needs to get with it, and he'll be moving to someone better for 20-25mil before his contract is up. If he doesn't he'll find himself back in Spain playing for an also-ran.

I agree with all of this. He's a super talent and I'm a big fan, but we undoubtedly looked more solid yesterday against another big, physical side. 

Emi hasn't protected the ball particularly well so far this season and rather than getting up and trying to win it back when dispossessed, he's spent too much time waving his arms from a seated position. 

He needs to work on his decision making - he lost the ball in the right back position with five minutes to go which led to a dangerous cross when we were only 1-0 up, which was really frustrating given how solid we'd looked generally. 

Farke was right to drop him and McLean's height in his position gave Krul a brilliant outball when pressed. Buendia needs to be careful - he's a young man with a lot of talent, but with everything still to prove at the highest level. 

I'm sure Farke will give him more opportunities to shine, but be careful with the petulance Emi, we don't want you to go the way of Nelson! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Is he in good enough form to attract an offer high enough for us to not be able to refuse?

Exactly this - he hasn’t shown anything to suggest he is anything more than a decent lower half of the prem player (and probably a squad player at anyone above 14thish). 

If we go down, then even if his form doesn’t improve that much,  he’d be a player the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Palace, Everton perhaps might take a punt on if they can get him for fairly cheap. If we stay up though, I’m not sure any of those would be willing to pay the amounts we’d want for him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ian said:

Big spending Villa, despite stuffing us sit only 1 point better off, albeit with a game in hand. I would certainly be sweating it if I was Dean Smith.

For Villa, relegation this season would be an apocalyptic disaster. There is a strong chance they might not survive if it happens again after they spent in excess of £100 million in the summer.

• Like 2

I very much enjoyed the commentary on NBC  sports yesterday when they said  how much Everton had spent lately,  compared to us , and that money  looks as if it hasn't improved them at all. Whereas our addition of Byram at 750 k was money  wisely spent. 

3 hours ago, duke63 said:

For Villa, relegation this season would be an apocalyptic disaster. There is a strong chance they might not survive if it happens again after they spent in excess of £100 million in the summer.

Why would it be such a disaster for Villa? They would probably recoup what they spent (Mings, Grealish and McGinn alone would get them close to £100m) so they could easily afford to reinvest again.

10 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Why would it be such a disaster for Villa? They would probably recoup what they spent (Mings, Grealish and McGinn alone would get them close to £100m) so they could easily afford to reinvest again.

Have they not been threatened with a fair play investigation should they be relegated ?

Emi is our best player. So he has lost a bit of form. That comes back. But his stats say he is our best tackler and created the most chances. And our own eyes tell us the boy offers something different.

Webber has already stated that we don’t need to sell in January. Just like others have said there is always plenty of speculation over players when transfer windows are being approached. I also doubt we would sell to a relegation rival and can’t see how any top flight club would want him at the moment. I know he set up Srbeny yesterday but he made an absolutely horrendous mistake against Watford and started this season with no PL experience.

Buendia was decent last season but I think that lack of experience has caused his form to drop. Next summer maybe as he will have a bit of experience.

Edited by HazzaJet

He went off various social media outlets after the last game apparently because of 'fans' laying into him for his mistake. 

I expect him to be benched for the next game knowing how Farke so often retains a team that has just won a match. He would be really useful to have coming on with 20/30 minutes to go to give teams something to think about in his attacking threat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sgncfc said:

You don't recoup money when you have to sell and players want to leave.