Sign in to follow this  
MooreMarriot

South American Football Live

BBC2 7.45

Copa Libertadores Final: Flamengo v River Plate

Match of the Day Live

Live coverage of the 60th Copa Libertadores final, which is South America’s equivalent of the Champions League. Holders River Plate, from Argentina, face Brazilian side Flamengo.

River are chasing a third Copa Libertadores title in five years and will be hoping for a repeat of their memorable win against arch rivals Boca Juniors in last year’s final, when a goal from Colombian playmaker Juan Fernando Quintero proved decisive.

Flamengo, meanwhile, are aiming to lift the trophy for the first time since 1981, when they were inspired by the legendary Zico. The star of the current side is Gabriel Barbosa, a temperamental but prolific striker known as Gabigol.

Mark Chapman introduces the action, with expert analysis from Brazilian World Cup winner Gilberto Silva. Mark Scott provides commentary.

Edited by MooreMarriot
  • Like 1

...might be worth a watch...but ultimately its a pitch full of S.American players who arent good enough to have been signed by a european club... or those that have been in europe and returned at the back end of their career...

18 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

If strictly is still on I’ve got no chance 😁

Don't worry, it's only ten minutes the Strictly fan will have to miss.

• Haha 1

I only saw highlights.. was the whole of the game that frenetically turbo-charged?

I’m used to a much more languid style from South Americans - how times seem to have changed. Still very skilful players,  all the same