Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

5 Million to buy a RB, CM, RM and CF - Who would you buy?

Given that we will receive around 5.5 for Ashton, who would you buy? key areas we need players are a Right Back, Central Midfielder/Creator, Right Midfielder, and a Target man.

I would go for:

RB - David Wright - did a solid job for us, will cost no more than 300k.

CM - Jason Koumas - Unlikely to get him...but we can hope. 2 million

RM - Gary McSheffrey - Argueably a striker, but often slots into midfield, and started his career their. 1.2miilion.

CF - Ade Akinbiyi - Big and Strong, what you need in this league. - 1.5 million

This will leave us with 500k, that i''d like to be used on a lower league player, such as Eastwood, or one of the Col U boys

[quote user="Robbo007"]

Given that we will receive around 5.5 for Ashton, who would you buy? key areas we need players are a Right Back, Central Midfielder/Creator, Right Midfielder, and a Target man.

I would go for:

RB - David Wright - did a solid job for us, will cost no more than 300k.

CM - Jason Koumas - Unlikely to get him...but we can hope. 2 million

RM - Gary McSheffrey - Argueably a striker, but often slots into midfield, and started his career their. 1.2miilion.

CF - Ade Akinbiyi - Big and Strong, what you need in this league. - 1.5 million

This will leave us with 500k, that i''d like to be used on a lower league player, such as Eastwood, or one of the Col U boys

[/quote]

I would buy youth,

RB/CM Halford 1 million

RM Danns 500,000

CM Koumas 1.5 million

CF eastwood 500,000

CF Marlon King 1.5 million

notice Ady Bothroyd obviously recognised malcky''s talent

RB - agree - David Wright. imo he''s equivalent of drury at right back.

CM - safs and robbo combo is good enough for me.

RM - sedgwick of preston.

CF - deano replacement for me is Rasiak - Big and excellent on the floor as well.  brings others in to play 

-   mcsheffrey playing alongside rasiak to feed off knock downs etc.

Just as well you are not left in charge of the money then Robbo. I would try and get Ryan Taylor, the right back who went to Wigan - wont get a game cause Chimbonda is their no.1

Centre mid, I would try and tempt Michael Brown from Tottenham. Would love to get Jagielka, but no chance. Koumas would be good too, attitude, or no attitude. Liam Miller (Man Utd, on loan at Leeds) would be useful for around £500k. Its a shame that we bought Robinson and Ethuhu, cause I would like to see Rossi an Spillane given a run in the first team.

Would also get Kris Commons from Forest, and stick Hucks up front, rather than on the wing. he would give a lot more balance to the side IMO.

up front - Rob Earnshaw. almost fired Cardiff to promotion, and could do the same for us, although we would need a target man (or a fit Leon) in the team.

Agree about Earnie, the reason why I didn''t include him was that he wouldn''t get a sniff as we play the long ball. McKenzie isn''t a target man so can''t really say he is.

Brown now starts for Spurs and so we wouldn''t get him. Miller would cost more than 500k

You have no chance of getting either Wright or Taylor.

Taylor has a broken foot so it out for most of the rest of the season. Plus Paul Jewell would not sell him.

Due to the above injury, Jewell will keep Wright as cover.

Just assesing the team and assuming we play our winning 4-3-3 - and assuming we have £5m to spend

If Green goes I feel Ward is more than an adequate replacmnet - no spend needed

RB - Bring back Mr Wright  (£300K)- Louis Jean as back up - Colin can go

LB - Keep AD - proven class

CB - The DOC - obvious

CB - Davenport - should get for £1.5m - we are leaking holes at the back

CM - SAFRI - Enough Said

CM - Rossi Jarvis - playing alongside Safri willbring him on leaps and Bounds

CM - Koumas - £1.5m or Luke Gutteridge of Southend for around £700k or Foley of Villa or Surman of Saints both been on loan at Bounrmouth and probably available for £500k for the pair

CF - WLY - Enough Said

CF - Hucks - Enough Said

CF - Jarvis - I swear he has the quality - and just needs the chance - however I belive even if I have spent on all the players above ihave £500k which should by Hayter of Bounemouth or Eastwood of Southend

That would not be a bad squad for £5m - chances of any of those players joining are nil - here comes mid table obscurity.

Greg Halford- Brilliant versatile player can play in a number of positions- a must buy!

Cameron Jerome- Great Young striker

Robbie Earnshaw-proven goalscorer at this level

Richard Stearman- Leicesters young defender (played well against us)

Lewin Nytanga- Solid young derby defender who was brilliant against us at pride park

Inigo Idiakez- Class midfielder quite similar to Safri (forget Hughes,Etuhu,Robinson and Jarrett)

Ditch the Doughnuts and make some signings Worthless!!!!!!!!!!!

Right Back - Kevin Foley of Luton, David Wright or Stephen Kelly.

Centre Back - Elliot Ward, Gary Cahill or Paul Reid of Barnsley.

Right Midfield - Niel Danns, Dave Norris or Chris Shiker.

Centre Midfield - Sean Thornton, Akos Buszacky or Giles Coke.

Big Striker - Greg Rasiak, nough said.

Pacey Striker - Gary Mcsheffry, Freddy Eastwood or Cameron Jerome.

I would have bought Jon Parkin - but Peter Taylor is a far more shrewd

manager than Worthy and recently bought him to Hull for just 150K!

He has scored in each of his two games so far. What an opportunity

missed - he is just as good as Ashton i.e. big and strong... has no

pace, but neither did Ashton. Also, Grant Holt went to Forest for just

300K. Why aren''t we signing players like this instead of going for

people like Jerome (overpriced at 3.5 million)?

I''m glad Ashton has gone - no pace, no committment and obviously injury

prone. A prima donna. If he is worth 7 million, Andrew Johnson of

Palace must be worth 15 million. I therefore think it''s a brilliant bit

of business for Norwich City, providing we spend the money wisely. I

would now go for Koumas (we are desperately lacking a creative

midfielder), McIndoe (Doncaster) -a good goal-scoring wide player who

has proved his class against premiership opposition in the Worthington

Cup this season, and how about Rossi on loan from Man Utd if by some

stroke of luck Ferguson wants to give him some first team experience?

Up front we need a player with strength and pace - McLeod of MK Dons

would do nicely, and I also like the committment and aerial power of

Chris Brunt (Sheffield Wednesday).

[quote user="Huge Hairy Canary"]how about Rossi on loan from Man Utd if by some

stroke of luck Ferguson wants to give him some first team experience?[/quote]Wow, we can dream I suppose! Rossi is surely close to breaking into the Man U first team. If he came here he''d be close to the best in the division!

[quote user="Alan Tompkins"]David Wright,maybe but none of the others,in fact not 1 good name has been put forward and I include Jerome in that list[/quote]

not one good name???  what Rasiak is no good, halford- cochesters division 1 leading young star player with u21 experience no good???

who is good to you??  andy gray, hughes and etuhu no doubt - ah maybe you are the clubs scout!!

Robbo 007, You''re having a laugh aren''t you??!! Ade Akinbiyi for 1.5 million, hahaha!!

Mind you i shouldn''t laugh he will be exactly the type of player Worthy will go out and buy. Once again Worthington wastes valuable money in the transfer market. Oh dear.

So Ashton gone, im disapointed but it is also a big chance to add quality to our squad.  Norwich in my opinion should by three or four players with the ashton money.  However who we sign is the big question.  I Say we should sign Jerome from Cardiff for 3.5 mill which is apparently what they are after.  Worthy has been linked with Mcsheffrey but hes too similiar to Mcveigh and Gray from Sunderland who is a good player but I can only imagine is down on confidence having neither started games or scored goals.  With Jerome coming this way that would still leave 2 million to buy a quality midfielder or two.  I''ld love to see Koumas come from the West Brom, As I understand it West Brom don''t want him, he wants to leave and although Cardiff and Koumas seem happy enouh together we could offer more money to West Brom and the player himself.  Koumas for say 1.5 max would leave at least 600k to get a good right sided player in to add flair and much needed balance to our midfield/attack, and we could worse than sign Watford''s McNamee who is a very good yound player.  Worthy is unlikely to look abroad and there is seemingly little form the premiership of hand so maybe a look down the leagues for a bargin player for 100k/ 200k would also be good in any position in the gamble that they come good.  Other players to keep a look out for include Idiakez at Derby (not signing a new contract) Trundle at Swansea, Eastwood at Southend, Lisbie at Charlton Howard at Luton, Earnshaw (transfer listed) at West Brom, Davenport at Spurs or Parkin at Ipswich.  Ok so the last one was a joke i''ld rather die than have him but their is talent out there if Worthy can work his magic. 

[quote user="Tadley Yellow"]CF rasiak ? How about big iwan far more skill than this over rated numpty[/quote]

well he did well enough to spark martin jol''s interest - he seems to have a good eye for a player.

I reckon you must be one of the fans who rates Andy Hughes and Dickson WhereAreYou tad.  or perhaps one of our clubs scouts with that attitude

Hopefully what our team will look like come the end of January:

Green

Colin
Doherty
Davenport
Drury

Routledge (Loan)
Safri
Koumas
Huckerby

McVeigh
Rasiak

Subs:

Ward
Shackell
Jarrett
Etuhu
Thorne

IMO this season is over, 11th in the table, no ashton maybe no greeno by the sound of things and with the playoffs teams in such good form,esp preston i dont think think whoever we buy will be gd enough to get us into the playoffs. i think the money should be saved bcoz every1 knows more often than not u get ripped off in january sales paying over the odds for average talent. i say wait until august where worthy can assess things more clearly

Akinbiyi has played well over the last 2 seasons. Looked strong and quick when he came back to FCR earlier in the season. I''d prefer to buy him for a reasonable price than shell out over the odds on Jerome

We should not let Worthless near that money and IMO when we lose to Reading and Ipswich he will be gone anyway. We should the offer the job straight to the best coach at the club, Mr Dave Williams who can then spend the rest of the season bringing through youth and getting to know the first team and looking for transfer targets for next season. Then next season give him the 5million to spend how he sees fit and we can have a fresh start. Starting 11 vs Reading;

Lewis

Caveman Doherty Shackell Drury

Youth Rossi Robinson Huckerby

Ryan Mcviegh

IMO Green will be gone and Id rather let Joe get some experience than have Ward or Gallacher in goal. We need to build for the future.

PS Have we got any natural right-mids in the youth set up.

Ideally I would like to see promising young players brought in. Halford at Colchester would be a good signing,as would Eastwood. They would be players who are hungry for football and give their all, eager to step up a division. I think that both could be got for around £1.75 Million at the most. Loaning a young premiership reserve could be a good move, Eagles for Watford looked dangerous. Admittedly i can''t think of any players off hand but there must be many at clubs such as Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea.

The thing which is annoying me so much at the moment is that quality players simply are not performing for the club. I went to the Ipswich/Preston match a couple of seasons ago (me and my mate went in Norwich shirts for a laugh, the funny thing is a Ipswich fan gave us tickets outside the groung for free, only for us to take off our coats inside the ground........ however, going off topic) and Etuhu ran the midfield. He is a quality player who is simply not performing, same goes for a whole clutch of players, signed by worthy and dont play to thier full potential, something is obviously wrong.

However, my suggstion of playing youth is stupid, Worthy wont play them.........