kick it off

Should Srbeny start?

Just throwing it out there as he is averaging a goal every 28 minutes at the moment. 

With our defence conceding around 2.5 goals per game, and Srbeny averaging better than 3 goals per game (pro-rata) it would surely guarantee us a win most weeks even without defensive improvement....

😉

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

The lad can score. It had been a bit unlucky for him we have Teemu. A few don't rate him I know but I'm pleased he got his goal today and after only 3 minutes on the pitch

Not start, but should get more minutes and he will do now that Drmic is out for the rest of the year. 

Hopefully he can grab another goal somewhere, but I still expect him to be loaned out in January to make room for an overseas signing. 

Half a season in the Championship could be the making of him. 

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

One chance, one goal. Can't argue with that.

I know the opening post was in jest, but in case anyone is seriously thinking it, the answer has to be no.

Why not ? he’s hasn’t really been given much game time to prove himself.

Obviously no. However, I for some reason have a good feeling about him. I've liked him from the start and - not for any real reason that I've seen - have a feeling that he is a good player and will have a telling contribution at some stage of the future.

• Like 2

Just now, All the Germans said:

Obviously no. However, I for some reason have a good feeling about him. I've liked him from the start and - not for any real reason that I've seen - have a feeling that he is a good player and will have a telling contribution at some stage of the future.

I think he did that today, made the last few minutes a lot easier him getting that goal.

Funny thing is that if it was Pukki still on, we probably wouldn't have scored. Dennis makes a run to draw the defenders and nobody follows him, which is why he's standing in that peculiar position. 

The upside of anonymity.

32 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Think pukki  looked tired after the break ,though should keep him as first choice but bring Dennis on earlier if struggling 

Pukki had no international break, he carried finland to euro 2020 so probably was tired after a few games and celebrating 😉

Farke acquired Dennis for a reason, despite criticism and the all too prevalent "donkey" jibes.

He might not be top class in some ways but he has a habit of coming up trumps whenever he is picked.

Dennis could well turn out to be an NCFC stalwart.

Obviously he shouldn't start but we need to have competition for Pukki and we need someone on the bench to replace him if he's tired or underperforming. Whether that's Srbeny or not remains to be seen.

Great substitutions by Farke today.

I've said it before, this season's Wilbrahamovich.

Something about Dennis makes me smile. It might be the fact he doesn't. Or more likely he always, always does his utmost despite knowing he's no Messi. Love the bloke.

• Like 1

Hes gone from not looking out of place at Sloughbottom park to scoring in the best league in the world.

Makes you think...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I genuinely like him as a player. Can use both feet and shifts the ball quickly between them. 

Ever since he banged a quality goal in on his left peg in the cup last season, I paid a bit more attention to him. 

I don't understand the jest and jokes aimed in his direction. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

When DF said we had plans right to Plan Z, I wondered if he was thinking of three at the back and two up front. Obviously he wasn't tempted but it is an option with Denis's scoring record.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Hes gone from not looking out of place at Sloughbottom park to scoring in the best league in the world.

Makes you think...

I actually agree with you!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I genuinely like him as a player. Can use both feet and shifts the ball quickly between them. 

Ever since he banged a quality goal in on his left peg in the cup last season, I paid a bit more attention to him. 

I don't understand the jest and jokes aimed in his direction. 

Genuinely like the guy too and happy to have him on board. Was delighted for him today - what a story - German 4th tier to Premier League goalscorer in under 2 years. No offence was meant to him obviously - I don't think he's regular starter material in the Prem, but a decent squad player. Just struck by the question of what his goals to minutes ratio would be after today, so checked it out. Started the thread as an ironic nod to the knee-jerkism of this board.... He's improved massively as a player since we signed him.... but we have Teemu Pukki and he's special.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I actually agree with you!

Makes today even more surprising! 😉

• Haha 1

Lots of love for him in the support today. I think it's that British love for the underdog. Isn't he a favourite on ACN too? 

19 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Lots of love for him in the support today. I think it's that British love for the underdog. Isn't he a favourite on ACN too? 

Talk Norwich City sponsor him and he's definitely a favourite of Chris and Jack

I bet he's at least good enough to have a decent career in the Championship, perhaps Joe Garner sort of level.

I actually think he's more useful to us than Jordan Rhodes, he's simply more mobile ... you'd back Rhodes with the free header 8 yards out but you'd back Srberny to track back, win the ball and somehow get it to Pukki to score. 

Hope he enjoys the minutes he'll get between now and January, then I reckon we should add a couple of million to his value by loaning him to the Championship. 

He just looks hungry when he plays and that can go a long way, hope he pinches another Premier League goal in the coming weeks, what a great moment for him to cherish. He may only have 3 goals in 30 games but he can tell his grandkids he scored in the Premier League! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He may only have 3 goals in 30 games but he can tell his grandkids he scored in the Premier League

3 in 30 games!! Really? 30 whole games  or  appearances? 

28 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

3 in 30 games!! Really? 30 whole games  or  appearances? 

3 league goals - he got another 2 in the cup last year.

He's definitely not made 30 starts for us, I would guess he's maybe made 7.

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Talk Norwich City sponsor him and he's definitely a favourite of Chris and Jack

All the podcasts blur into one for me, like a slightly self-important chat down the pub.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kick it off said:

3 league goals - he got another 2 in the cup last year.

He's definitely not made 30 starts for us, I would guess he's maybe made 7.

That's what I thought, still, what do facts matter when you're making a point.

• Like 1