Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

The Todd Cantwell Appreciation Society

I wonder if those posters who posted those silly posts about him not being good enough, likes of @Jersey Canary , acknowledge today's performance accordingly.. 

16 minutes ago, Herman said:

Typical showboating Cantwell performance!  Oh yes, it's all very well to prance about in the middle of the pitch where there's maximum chance of being picked out by the TV cameras, but is there any particular reason why he didn't find it necessary to run into the corners???

There's an old saying that a hard working player will cover every blade of grass on the pitch, but it's clear from this heat map that there were a number of blades of grass that he never even trod on. Total lack of effort - loan him out to Rovrum ASAP. 🥵

• Haha 1

Terrific today. I'm even looking forward to his semi-naked, Puma-boot toting, Twitter dance later.

• Haha 1

I will leave my words to radio Wales commentary team

‘ That Cantwell is so fit, he’s everywhere ‘ As he left the pitch substituted ‘ best player on the pitch by a country mile ‘

28 minutes ago, Well b back said:

That Cantwell is so fit, he’s everywhere ‘ As he left the pitch substituted ‘ best player on the pitch by a country mile ‘

Funny, that's what my girlfriend's teenage daughters say about him all the time - how come they know so much about football? 

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Funny, that's what my girlfriend's teenage daughters say about him all the time - how come they know so much about football? 

Lol

In the first half they kept mentioning his flowing blonde hair. 

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

I wonder if those posters who posted those silly posts about him not being good enough, likes of @Jersey Canary , acknowledge today's performance accordingly.. 

I’m not his biggest fan , unsure why but I’ll admit to being very wrong today.

He was imperious yesterday,  I thought he was similiar in the first half against Coventry, I thought he was not as good after being roughed up a bit.  In the second half Cardiff did try to put more pressure on us. 

14 hours ago, Well b back said:

‘ That Cantwell is so fit, he’s everywhere ‘ As he left the pitch substituted ‘ best player on the pitch by a country mile ‘

That's the key thing; Todd now looks to be back to full fitness. He's had far fewer games compared to some but seems to have now got his full match sharpness back.

Only word of caution; the transfer window is still open!

• Like 1

No Vrancic, No Buendia, Nothing from Cantwell. 

We win games when Vrancic plays without Buendia and Cantwell. We win games when Buendia plays without Vrancic and Cantwell. We don't  win games when Cantwell plays without Vrancic and Buendia. 

I'll stick to my view earlier in the season, Cantwell does not effect games enough. And when he's without creative teammates he's largely ineffective. He can't take a game by the scruff of the neck and make it happen for us. Vrancic has had a slating over the last couple of games, but as soon as he's dropped we lose. 

Cantwell is great player, if conditions allow. But people overate him, and fail to recognise his limitations. The last two games we're so predictable as soon as Buendia was ruled out. 

Edited by Il Pirata

50 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

We win games when Vrancic plays without Buendia and Cantwell.

Do we? What games were they, please name them? 

52 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Vrancic has had a slating over the last couple of games, but as soon as he's dropped we lose. 

Is that what the common denominator is here? Or could it be more to do with the fact we were facing much tougher opposition, away from home, than our prior 2 league games? Not to mention two pretty catastrophic defensive errors, not sure how Vrancic would've stopped those!

Vrancic would not have helped us last night based on his recent efforts (when starting). He definitely seems more effective coming on from the bench for me, he looked decent coming on from 55 minutes last night. 

To be honest, I thought he was good second half. He had lots of energy and was trying to speed the game up, put some urgency into the game. Swansea were happy that some of our team were slow.

Thats the problem. Todd likes a fast paced game where his skill gives him an advantage.

He gets plenty of stick, much of it justified, but he is one of the few who could step up to the Prem.

Il Pirata is one of the numpties who have nailed their colours to attacking Cantwell for some weird reason. The fact that he attacks Cantwell, after Todd was our best player last night shows just how out of touch with reality he is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Il Pirata is one of the numpties who have nailed their colours to attacking Cantwell for some weird reason. The fact that he attacks Cantwell, after Todd was our 

Cantwell does seem to struggle without creative talent next to him. That's hard to deny.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

31 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Cantwell does seem to struggle without creative talent next to him. That's hard to deny.

ANY FOOTBALLER is going to struggle without creative talent next to them......... aren't they?

Cantwell was our most creative player last night (yes, the bar wasn't very high), but he was still the most creative player in a yellow shirt on the pitch - attacking him after this just reeks of someone grinding an axe. 

On 06/02/2021 at 11:25, Thirsty Lizard said:

Il Pirata is one of the numpties who have nailed their colours to attacking Cantwell for some weird reason. The fact that he attacks Cantwell, after Todd was our best player last night shows just how out of touch with reality he is. 

We also seem to have won without Vrancic again (Il Pirata appears to be either related to him or his agent😉), and if Dowell builds on the last two substitute appearances, we may carry on that way.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Cantwell goal v Sheff Weds.jpg

As one who used my left foot to drive (luckily I’ve got an automatic these days) and very little else - this goal goes from excellent to stratospheric . 

Todd's left foot is "just for standing on....

...and crushing the opposing team's hopes and dreams"

25 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

As one who used my left foot to drive (luckily I’ve got an automatic these days) and very little else - this goal goes from excellent to stratospheric . 

Did you hop everywhere on your right foot? 🤔

I’ve got an automatic too BTW. Not sure now why I ever had a manual car.

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

As a left footer myself - this  goal  still goes from excellent to stratospheric. 

• Like 1