Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

The Todd Cantwell Appreciation Society

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

How did it take you this long?

I honestly have no idea.

*facepalm*

Another great performance yesterday, capped by giving the penalty to Idah despite Todd being the designated penalty taker.

One of our own and a team player. 😀

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Another great performance yesterday, capped by giving the penalty to Idah despite Todd being the designated penalty taker.

If Todd had the wings of a Swallow

The dirty great ar$e of a Crow

He'd fly over Carrow Rd Gunn Club

And Shoite on old Jobsworth below.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Wouldn't say it was a great performance. He ran about a lot and linked up play quite well at times and imo the best that can be said about his performance is that he looked confident, neat and tidy, but he didn't create all that much - a lot of easy passes and just one incisive pass that I can remember. 

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wouldn't say it was a great performance. He ran about a lot and linked up play quite well at times and imo the best that can be said about his performance is that he looked confident, neat and tidy, but he didn't create all that much - a lot of easy passes and just one incisive pass that I can remember. 

Are you talking about your mate Snodgrass again ?

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yeah but Todd gave his pen to Idah whereas Snodgrass took it from poor innocent RvW, so I'm guessing LDC must be delighted!

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

?? Can't really compare Cantwell and Snodgrass. Todd is absolutely quicker, more intelligent, harder working, more of a total team player, less selfish and younger than Snodgrass was at the time - and from his record so far this season scores more goals than Snodgrass. 

Just watched the goals back from yesterday and Cantwell's backheel in the build up to the penalty was absolutely sublime.

54 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah but Todd gave his pen to Idah whereas Snodgrass took it from poor innocent RvW, so I'm guessing LDC must be delighted!

Lietner appeared to get the strop and wanted to take pen, so much that first Cantwell then Amadou  had to tell him to back off and let Idah have, Lietner appeared sulky after which had Amadou laughing 

Interesting that Daniel Farke spoke positively about Leitner post match so I'm guessing here that he wants Moritz back into the fold (at some stage). 

Really hope for a good draw on Monday evening and let's hope we power on into the 5th round thereafter. It starts to get interesting then.

Anyone else notice the to me, to you, to me to you, to me to you between Todd and Moritz late in the second half? Looked like DF was talking to Todd about it when he came off.

Odd little passage of play when neither of them appeared to want to do anything with the ball.

Another excellent performance from Todd tonight and a great goal - always good to see one of our players scoring with a shot from distance - it's hardly happened this season. 

Cantwell celebrates Man Utd goal.PNG

• Like 1

Even without the goal, he was far and away our best attacking player today. 

Hopefully he'll be key in firing us back to the PL next season. 

• Like 1

Cantwell our best outfield player by a mile today, and a sweet hit for the goal. That should have secured him his £30m move this summer.

34 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Another excellent performance from Todd tonight and a great goal - always good to see one of our players scoring with a shot from distance - it's hardly happened this season. 

Cantwell celebrates Man Utd goal.PNG

The goal coming just after he switched to centre midfield. Did some great work on the left

Brilliant goal and not surprisingly the BBC team blamed the goalkeeper but thought the Man U shin poke was great finishing. 

2 hours ago, curious yellow said:

The goal coming just after he switched to centre midfield. Did some great work on the left

Brilliant goal and not surprisingly the BBC team blamed the goalkeeper but thought the Man U shin poke was great finishing. 

Hit across the ball, early, and used donkey Maguire as a shield. Not sure what they expected Romero to do. Todd looked very sharp this evening.

Thought Krul would have got a hand in Igalho's effort were it not for the fact he shinned it in an unintended direction.

Still, when Ian Wright can't be arsed to learn our squad's names (except for Hernandez) are we really surprised about the quality of their punditry?

Another poster telling me he was seriously overrated and only championship level just the other day. 

Quality player.

In what has turned out to be a very disappointing season, there are very few candidates for POTS.

Aarons, Lewis and Godfrey have had their moments, but are ultimately part of a defensive unit that has proved the worst in the PL by quite some distance.

Todd Cantwell has exceeded expectations and not looked out of place in the PL. His goals contribution has been most welcome as well as unexpected. He gave everything and more on the pitch this evening, showing a hunger and desire for success.

i can’t think of any player more deserving of POTS.

8 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Krul? Tettey? Pukki? Aarons?

Unique explained why not Aarons, and you could make a similar argument for Tettey, but 1) he has proved his worth to us once again despite having allegedly expensive competition and 2) has played long enough for us to deserve it purely as a club legend.

Pukki sadly hasn’t been consistent enough.

Krul though, I can’t argue with. Clear POTS for me, and of all the possible leavers he would be top of my list to retain for a promotion push in the Champions next season, especially if we’re blooding more youngsters in defence, as seems likely.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Another poster telling me he was seriously overrated and only championship level just the other day. 

Quality player.

Championship level? Seriously? Ha ha, dying 😂😂😂

9 hours ago, unique said:

In what has turned out to be a very disappointing season, there are very few candidates for POTS.

Aarons, Lewis and Godfrey have had their moments, but are ultimately part of a defensive unit that has proved the worst in the PL by quite some distance.

Todd Cantwell has exceeded expectations and not looked out of place in the PL. His goals contribution has been most welcome as well as unexpected. He gave everything and more on the pitch this evening, showing a hunger and desire for success.

i can’t think of any player more deserving of POTS.

Sorry Unique, but that statement is just plain wrong!! Aston Villa - complete with flailing windmill Tyrone Mings - have the worst defensive record in the PL by some distance. Check the table if you don't believe me. 

Well I've renamed this long running thread to something more appropriate for this season. 🙂 

Here's a quote from today's BBC match report.

As he did at Carrow Road last month, Cantwell ran the game for the Canaries as he cut inside from the left wing at will and drifted infield into pockets of space.

The England Under-21 international twice went close with curling shots from the edge of the box before scoring the goal his dazzling performance deserved as he volleyed into an empty net after Cardiff goalkeeper Alex Smithies had saved from Jordan Hugill.

26 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Outshone Emi today in my opinion.

He definitely did today Capt. Pants.  Cantwell, very good - Emi rather quiet (by his own very high standards).