Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

The Todd Cantwell Appreciation Society

His performances this season have been a revelation. I was one that thought his chances would be limited and he may have gone out on loan. If we’re judging by a monetary valuation then his must be by far the biggest increase in value in the squad this season. Has looked every bit a PL player and if his form continues at some point you’d expect an international call up.

• Like 1

Big fan of this thread. 

Other teams fans seem to mention Cantwell to me as much as Pukki lately, which can only be a good thing.

It’s crazy to have two fantastic players who would fire us straight back up should we be relegated, but can we keep Cantwell and Buendia if we go down!

But both players look at ease in this league, of course they have poor games sometimes, but in general look superb.

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

And the first one appears, mind you he was top of the list.

Like I say, shoitestirrer, whose predictions are so very very predictable. The most predictable being that the subject of football passes you by as you seem to be more interested in Todders gloves or Tommys missus. Tragic.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Like I say, shoitestirrer, whose predictions are so very very predictable. The most predictable being that the subject of football passes you by as you seem to be more interested in Todders gloves or Tommys missus. Tragic.

Very selective as always to fit your agenda of course and for starters how about posting on the subject of football on the PUPs thread. You will find me there every week and i am selecting the picks this week.

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Very selective as always to fit your agenda of course and for starters how about posting on the subject of football on the PUPs thread. You will find me there every week and i am selecting the picks this week.

Virtue signalling as well as shoitestirring. Your talent knows no bounds.

But according to you i only ever post about gloves and Anna Trybull so may i suggest you read all my posts not just those that fit your agenda. The Pups thread was just an example but hey you make of it what you will as usual.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

But according to you i only ever post about gloves and Anna Trybull so may i suggest you read all my posts not just those that fit your agenda. The Pups thread was just an example but hey you make of it what you will as usual.

Well thanks for permission to think what I like.   Why bother defending yourself when you are so so right? Smacks of self doubt .

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

That's another goal for Todd.

What a return from one of our own!

Kevin de Bruyne (7) is the only midfielder to have scored more PL goals than Cantwell this season. 

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Kevin de Bruyne (7) is the only midfielder to have scored more PL goals than Cantwell this season. 

De Bruyne...he's from Toftwood isn't he?🤔

Jobsworth will be along soon to tell us Todd would score more if he weren't from Dereham.

• Like 1

So presuming we’re going down, what sort of price are we expecting to receive for him and what clubs do we think are suited? 

3 minutes ago, JF said:

So presuming we’re going down, what sort of price are we expecting to receive for him and what clubs do we think are suited? 

Is it possible he would stay..?

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Is it possible he would stay..?

I don’t think so. There will be offers to stay in the PL and once he’s had a taste of that and a successful one he’s highly unlikely to want to drop down to the championship. I think realistically we are going to lose quite a few of these players

I thought Cantwell was excellent today and I was pretty bemused when he came off. 

He is clearly full of confidence which is great to see. However, one thing I would like to see him improve on is decision making at times. There were a few occasions where the pass was on but he went for glory. There was one in particular where Teemu was completely open with an easy square, that would have been 2-0 and game over. 

But yeah, he's been brilliant this season. I would not be surprised at all to see him sold for more than Maddison. Having so many premier league goals under your belt really bumps up that valuation, as does media hype. 

8 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

I thought Cantwell was excellent today and I was pretty bemused when he came off. 

He is clearly full of confidence which is great to see. However, one thing I would like to see him improve on is decision making at times. There were a few occasions where the pass was on but he went for glory. There was one in particular where Teemu was completely open with an easy square, that would have been 2-0 and game over. 

But yeah, he's been brilliant this season. I would not be surprised at all to see him sold for more than Maddison. Having so many premier league goals under your belt really bumps up that valuation, as does media hype. 

Sell sell sell.... 

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Sell sell sell.... 

Moan moan moan...

• Like 1

It's protocol on this thread for me to post up a picture every time young Todd scores. 😉   

Great to see him given a well deserved standing ovation from all corners of the ground as he left the field. 

Cantwell scores v C.Palace.jpg

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It's protocol on this thread for me to post up a picture every time young Todd scores. 😉   

Great to see him given a well deserved standing ovation from all corners of the ground as he left the field. 

Cantwell scores v C.Palace.jpg

Except from Jobsworth, who sat in his seat scowling.

2 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

The hard work was done by Emi my 90 year old granny could have finished that one off

nothing to see here, still arrogant, still show boating 

You're actually quite funny now I've stopped taking anything you say seriously 🙂

12 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

The hard work was done by Emi my 90 year old granny could have finished that one off

nothing to see here, still arrogant, still show boating 

If I was you I'd be planning for how you're going to deal with those flocks of swallows that are going to invade Norfolk this summer..... 😉 

10 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

You're actually quite funny now I've stopped taking anything you say seriously 🙂

How did it take you this long?

• Like 1