Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v Everton*****

Great away performance, and very well deserved 3 points. Should bring so much confidence after a torrid run too.

So good to see us clear the ball and put in professional fouls rather than get caught on the break. 

It's fuzzy. It's Sir Beny. Could have got a penalty if he went down. Glad he didn't.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

He wont get that many, if any.

Just that one will tide me over for now.
I've had that Duck and that Coop running around my head the last 15 minutes, too!

Fantastic timing, to deal the death blow & negate Everton's pressure to equalise. Well done Srbeny, Cantwell, Zimmerman, Krul, Hernandez & all.

Edited by GenerationA47
Coop not cooper

MoM Todd Cantwell. Was allowed to maraude all over the pitch today and took up great defensive positions and attacking runs. Coolly taken goal as well. We also looked much more solid in the defence which in turn made us stronger in midfield. A nicely balanced side  and didn't Byram do well?.

• Like 2

Thanks fans for your interest as it happens I am quite satisfied with the result but having to have supported for nearly 40 years it will come as no surprise that the anticipated Everton retort would come eventually.  Happily it didn't.

Some of you do need to improve your English.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's fuzzy. It's Sir Beny. Could have got a penalty if he went down. Glad he didn't.

Is Ben Bray's dog alright? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

To see a striker stay on his feet after a pull like that, regardless of how close he is to goal, is extremely refreshing in this day and age.

Well played Sir Beny, you little dancer.

An away win with clean sheet and two goals scored - a great confidence builder. Cantwell started extremely nervously, I doubt he had an accurate pass in the first 25 minutes, but after making that brilliant tackle, he was superb. Changes were spot on. We looked great in red, perhaps we should stick with that shirt, seems to bring us luck. More of the same, please!

Got to be MacLean for me. Todd was poor first half. Much better second. But MacLean was a thorn in their side when we played it long and he wouldn't be beaten to the ball in the air.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

Is Ben Bray's dog alright? 

🤣🤣

Gotta be a blue dog.

• Like 1

Thanks fans for your interest as it happens I am quite satisfied with the result but having to have supported for nearly 40 years it will come as no surprise that the anticipated Everton retort would come eventually.  Happily it didn't.

Some of you do need to improve your English.

Ever used punctuation Pete?

McLean, Hernandez, Zimmerman, Tettey, Cantwell, Byram all played well and in with a shout for MOTM (probably in that order for me).

Edited by All the Germans

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Got to be MacLean for me. Todd was poor first half. Much better second. But MacLean was a thorn in their side when we played it long and he wouldn't be beaten to the ball in the air.

Kenny had a top afternoon, fully agree KG.

Unfortunately our Mayor will need to solve world peace, sort Brexit and score 7 at the Etihad before some on here will even consider him for such accolades.

I thought Byram did well too. Justfies keeping his place as he more dangerous going foreward than Lewis. Cuts in nicely on that left wing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Budapest Canary said:

An away win with clean sheet and two goals scored - a great confidence builder. Cantwell started extremely nervously, I doubt he had an accurate pass in the first 25 minutes, but after making that brilliant tackle, he was superb. Changes were spot on. We looked great in red, perhaps we should stick with that shirt, seems to bring us luck. More of the same, please!

Me too. I love us in that bright red

6 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

To see a striker stay on his feet after a pull like that, regardless of how close he is to goal, is extremely refreshing in this day and age.

Well played Sir Beny, you little dancer.

He really wanted that goal, great story for him and Zimbo today.

Incredible to think Christoph was considering quitting football for teaching not very long ago, and has now marshalled his team to a clean sheet away at one of England's biggest clubs. Love this club.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Me too. I love us in that bright red

As I left the ground, I heard an Evertonian say their kit made it really hurt! 🤣

21 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

As I left the ground, I heard an Evertonian say their kit made it really hurt! 🤣

Yep, at kick off , I thought,  Why red today  against them. Marginal gains. 

Everton rightly angry about their club but still keep their humour. Contrast with Leeds fans.

image.png.31ba9b09ae80ad09cc35229f861369dd.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I’m watching MOTD tonight . #justsaying 

So am I and don't suppose I'll see Ipsh1t on there.

Other results really went our way today. Only 6 points between us and 10th 😂

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

So am I and don't suppose I'll see Ipsh1t on there.

Other results really went our way today. Only 6 points between us and 10th 😂

I watched Look East but turned off the sports bulletin after 5 mins. I think Luton lost but the lower leagues didn’t feature. 

18 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I’m watching MOTD tonight . #justsaying 

I'm curious whether the 'experts' will recognise that we play better when we have the right players available and in the right position.

From the Sea of Galilee I have had my evening made by a great result at Goodison Park. This gets us right back in the mix. Lawro called the scoreline correctly just got the winning team wrong.🙂🙂