Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v Everton*****

Well played, manager, team solid but with a bit of flair. Buendia hasn’t been pulling his weight lately 👍🏻

Good to see Zimbo back 👍🏻👍🏻

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

<Waits for the McLean abuse to start> 😗

...if McLean was playing in the holding midfield role 'again'..I would be the first to stick the boot in as we'll never win any premier league midfield battle with him there.....but i've said all along , he has something to offer further forward, has an eye for a goal, will have a shot and can slide a pass in...

Disappointed not to see Vrancic and Amadou in partnership. And I know Buendia hasn't shown too much but the stats say he is our leading tackler, creates the most chances.

• Like 1

Positive to see Zimmerman back and McLean further forward. Confused about Amadou still only on the bench- is Trybull really better than him?

Also does the continued absence of Leitner suggest there was something to those post Brighton rumours or is he injured now?

• Like 1

As above, McLean is actually reasonably capable at this level but but when he plays as one of the deeper midfielders, his tendency to charge forward and join the attack leaves us far too open.

I'm actually quite optimistic about this lineup. We have bench options and look like we've acknowledged playing with one centre midfielder doesn't work at PL level.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

Would like to see Vrancic on the field. I always feel he brings that something extra during a game.

Couldn't agree more. The most creative player we have, and he doesn't start?

I feel like Emi has the 'fine, I'll prove you wrong' attribute, coming off the bench and making his point.

I remain a huge fan of him, and he is incredibly creative - the stats back that up, but theres been an element of petulance and error about him recently.

Dropping him could be a masterstroke, make him aware his place isn't a given and encourage him to show why he may believe DF is wrong to drop him. I'm thinking Joe Cole under José Mourinho at Chelsea in that first season.

Edited by Flying Dutchman

8 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...if McLean was playing in the holding midfield role 'again'..I would be the first to stick the boot in as we'll never win any premier league midfield battle with him there.....but i've said all along , he has something to offer further forward, has an eye for a goal, will have a shot and can slide a pass in...

Decent in the air too 

• Like 1

Not convinced by this for a number of reasons but fingers crossed. What does Idah have to do to get on the bench ahead of Dennis?

Looks like McLean in the 10 role. Can't really argue with dropping Buendia on form. Perhaps Trybull offers a better blend of gall winning and passing than Amadou? Who knows? 

Just desperate for a performance and win. A big game. 

I'm disappointed for Emi but perhaps DF is trying to take pressure off him. 

I'm also disappointed not to see Amadou in with Tettey. I can't believe Trybull is better.  Maybe it's because he's the CH sub and he'll come on later. 

I haven't rated McLean but I like his attitude so am prepared to give him time. 

i would have liked to have Buendea, Amadou and Stiepermann starting but at least we now have options from the bench 

12 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Couldn't agree more. The most creative player we have, and he doesn't start?

Vrancic is more creative than Buendia? 🤔 Not sure I’m with you there.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Havefaith said:

I utterly despair at the whining stupidity of some people. 

Amadou was crocked. So he's probably not as fit, so he doesn't start. 

Also, as he has yet to flippin start in midfield, it would be less certain in terms of pairings. 

Totally sensible to have him on the bench as a great option later in the game. 

You can resume your whining stupidity now. 

I see you're  on a friend making initiative  again. Could you be more specific  as to who you are insulting, or is it everybody that isn't you .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Also, as he has yet to flippin start in midfield, it would be less certain in terms of pairings. 

Don't think there has been any whining except yours. 

• Like 1

Do you intentionally come across as being a pr1ck in all your posts or is it just a natural consequence of you actually being one? 

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Not sure about the line up but great to see Zimbo back.

OTBC

What are you not sure about? 

• Like 1