Sign in to follow this  
BobLoz3

Kevin Reeves

image.png.cf16253cbbe148c117c6acfe9ea1d0d2.png

Come on then, which of you more mature folk on here are in this picture??! πŸ˜‰

In all seriousness, it would be quite some thing if anyone recognised these fans from back in the day!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

image.png.cf16253cbbe148c117c6acfe9ea1d0d2.png

Come on then, which of you more mature folk on here are in this picture??! πŸ˜‰

In all seriousness, it would be quite some thing if anyone recognised these fans from back in the day!

The guy at the back looks like Bob Carol

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1

"This week, I have mostly been annoying Reevesy."

The one in the cardy looks like a young Mark Williams.

And a young Dennis Waterman on the right.

Is Reeves wearing eye shadow?

Edited by Mr Angry

I remember him being sold. Very sad and very annoyed.

Wouldn't mind a Kevin Reeves type player with us now and yes the River end is indeed the Kevin Reeves stand:classic_angry:

Back at Liverpool hotel several pints in before Everton tomorrow.

REEVO !!Β 
Christ , I absolutely idolised Kevin Reeves . My favourite player in my early teens , and it doesn’t get much stronger than that ! He was carried off shoulder high in his last game if I remember rightly . In tears , he didn’t really want to leave . Yes EastΒ Rider , he paid for the River End stand although it was sworn we didn’t have to sell him for that . Bunch of lies .Β Then the knee injuries f***** him up . He was proper England class .Β 
I also think fan in right of picture was calledΒ Ginger , very well known to the Barclay Boys of that time .Β Β Fearless . Long time ago in a different world !Β 
Thanks Bobloz3 , great post mate .Β 

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

Back at Liverpool hotel several pints in before Everton tomorrow.

REEVO !!Β 
Christ , I absolutely idolised Kevin Reeves . My favourite player in my early teens , and it doesn’t get much stronger than that ! He was carried off shoulder high in his last game if I remember rightly . In tears , he didn’t really want to leave . Yes Easy Rider , he paid for the River End stand although it was sworn we didn’t have to sell him for that . Bunch of lies .Β Then the knee injuries f***** him up . He was proper England class .Β 
I also think fan in right of picture was calledΒ Ginger , very well known to the Barclay Boys of that time .Β Β Fearless . Long time ago in a different world !Β 
Thanks Bobloz3 , great post mate .Β 

Ha ha,Β  I was in the away end (think it was in part of their North stand) at Portaloo road early 80s as a youngster and saw a tall thin ginger haired city fan climb from right to left over the city fans to remonstrate with the Ipswich fans (along with a few other city fans) and I always wondered who he was.

Never hung around to find out as we came out of the ground and me and few mates just ran (know idea where) until we decided to stop. It kicked off a bit. Those were the days I suppose.

Β 

• Like 2

Last time I saw Ginger was at Exeter away in the FA Cup 1990 . He’d got on the pitch with a truly massive Mexican Sombrero on . IΒ was suitably impressed !Β 

• Like 1

I also recognize the guy on the right as 'Ginger'. I don't know him, just 'of' him, at matches, from years ago

Edited by Crabbycanary3
  • Like 1

The guy on the left of Kevin is Chris O Dywer, and his mate on Β his left,whos name I cant remember. OnΒ Β Kevins right Β is Ginger, dont know his proper name though. Chris and his mate both used to drink in the Tramways in Lowestoft. When i first saw this last week was trying to remember the match, was approx when Justin Fashanu started playing for the first team,late 1979, early 1980.I would have been at the game with these guys though have never seen this picture until last week, dont know were i was when the photo was taken though.Β 

• Like 2

I seem to remember that Ginger came from Wisbech or nearby, and also that he attended several games in a Pink Panther suit..!!!! Please could someone confirm that I haven't completely lost my marbles....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PHILIP COOK said:

The guy on the left of Kevin is Chris O Dywer, and his mate on Β his left,whos name I cant remember. OnΒ Β Kevins right Β is Ginger, dont know his proper name though. Chris and his mate both used to drink in the Tramways in Lowestoft. When i first saw this last week was trying to remember the match, was approx when Justin Fashanu started playing for the first team,late 1979, early 1980.I would have been at the game with these guys though have never seen this picture until last week, dont know were i was when the photo was taken though.Β 

I wonder, is Chris O Dwyer the Christopher O'Dwyer mentioned in this article?Β  The age would tally, 53 in 2010 -Β  https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/norwich-fans-banned-for-anti-social-behaviour-1-762280

14 hours ago, East Rider said:

I remember him being sold. Very sad and very annoyed.

Wouldn't mind a Kevin Reeves type player with us now and yes the River end is indeed the Kevin Reeves stand:classic_angry:

I was at his last game at Carrow Road and remember the continuous chant of β€œ Reeves in South out” ringing around the ground throughout the game and fans demonstrating afterwards by re-entering the ground over the old river end bank as we made our way out of the car park. It was a sad day, if memory serves me correctly he also scored a goal.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Green said:

Dont worry Im still about, just calmed down a little now...

20150402_125100.jpg

Norwich v Everton FA Cup semi final ?

I was at that game (if it was then). Another we should have won

• Like 1

2 hours ago, East Rider said:

Norwich v Everton FA Cup semi final ?

I was at that game (if it was then). Another we should have won

yes mate photo was taken from the radio times as they done a article about the difference between the 2 semi finals.

37 minutes ago, Paul Green said:

yes mate photo was taken from the radio times as they done a article about the difference between the 2 semi finals.

I also remember someone had a blow up doll further down the terracing from where I was standing in the Holte end

My self and a couple of mates decided to walk all the way around the ground before kick off and only one individual said something derogatory (not aggressively) towards us.

Decent bunch those Evertonians were that day.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1