Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Team for Everton (a)...post press conference

My team given injuries/availabilities

.......................Krul..............

Aarons..Zimmerman..Godfrey..Bryram

..........Amadou...Vrancic...Trybull....

.......Buendia......Pukki......Hernandez

Fahrmann..Tettey..McLean..Leitner..Cantwell..Steipermann..Srbeny

If Zimmerman is now fit , Farke now has the option to play any of Amadou,Tettey and/or Trybull in a holding midfield role.

If he STILL plays McLean there now and the same predictable outcome occurs of being overrun in midfield, it would be now very difficult to defend that decision.

• Like 1

IMO we  need to see Amadou in his ‘proper’ role ASAP, it could make a big difference to our chances.  

Drmic being out is a bit tricky - on the one hand he’s not exactly pulled up any trees, but not quite sure where it leaves us if, God forbid, Teemu picks up a knock..... 

Krul
              Byram       Zimmerman      Godfrey

Tettey          Amadou        

Aarons                                                        Hernandez

Stiepermann    Vrancic

Pukki

Subs: Fahrmann, Trybull, Leitner, McLean, Buendia, Cantwell, Idah 

I could definitely see an argument for starting Buendia instead of Stiepi but honestly I think losing his starting spot for a game might be the kick up the backside he needs to start using his brain a little bit more under pressure. Bring him on after an hour instead of waiting until 85 minutes for subs and see what he can do when he has a point to prove.

Aarons and Hernandez are going to be running the length of the pitch all afternoon wherever they start; but if they base themselves a bit further forward they'll hopefully have that little bit less ground to cover allowing them to get balls in for Pukki a little faster than has recently been the case. Everton's defence aren't the greatest or most mobile so I think that could make all the difference on Saturday. 

how long is Lewis out for?

Byram is in no way a centre back. I would go with Aaron's on the left, Byram right with Zimm and Godfrey finally together in the middle.

Amadou holding with Trybull and Vrancic further on.

Onel, Emi and Pukki front 3.

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...whichever game he starts would have been after a long lay off??

yeh but ease him in, not like last time

No thats true ......  but when you are not fully fit you tend to get injured more, I just want to us to have the best chance to keep him going for the rest of the season, normally you would ease a player back in, maybe Farke will sub him, if so no probs, I suspect if we are hanging on however that he will have to play a full 90 if he starts.

Krul

Byram      Zimmerman     Godfrey

Tettey        Amadou

Aarons                                            Hernandez

Vrancic

Idah.           Pukki

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

IMO we  need to see Amadou in his ‘proper’ role ASAP, it could make a big difference to our chances.  

Drmic being out is a bit tricky - on the one hand he’s not exactly pulled up any trees, but not quite sure where it leaves us if, God forbid, Teemu picks up a knock..... 

Idahs  chance then if he does,  scored and  assisted  the other night for Ireland u21 against Sweden  , who wouldn't  be bad at that level .