Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

your club, your mastercard, my wuss name.

with impecable timing,  some advertising literature landed on my mat today, proclaiming in large letters, your club, your mastercard.  Your club, yeah right.  However, on closer inspection, the offer did look quite tempting, a city credit card that gives 0% interest for 9 months on balance transfers.  Overcome by the novelty, a transfer that offers a good deal - new approach for city i thought, i excitedly began to thumb through the glossy contract.  then on closer inspection, in small print, i realised the deal didn''t look as good as i first thought.  to say the card offered 0% interest for 9 months implied the loan was free, and technically using carefully chosen words it was, so it wasn''t lying - however, it charges a 2% transfer fee of the balance upto a max of £50 smackers.  Bleedin agents - they''re killing the money game i raged.  Seeking independent financial advice, the wife swiftly quashed the transfer, adding that we didn''t need to pay inflated prices in january as better value deals would be found in the summer.  She railed, the TSB (i know - its been gone years) are always trying to flog me a card and there''s no agents fee on theirs.What really did it though, was the card is financed by MNBA, who happen to be a financial contributor to George  Bush''s Republican Party in the US.  No thanks.

LGT - what you havent realised is that is indeed our new number 9. With the board on ''believe everything other than what i am saying'' mode it wouldnt surprise me.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]LGT you deserve credit for getting this as a post at the second attempt with no loss of interest.[/quote]sorry, didn''t realise it had been on again. I thought the first one didn''t make it!