Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Everton fans not happy

Do any fans really “fume” over a certain ref being appointed to their games?

I give the ref a cursory glance, sometimes think “oh dear” but usually don’t react at all, and really don’t see why anyone would get wound up by it. During the game maybe, but that’s as much about trying to influence the ref to assist your side as it is anything else. But before the game has kicked off I really don’t understand it.

I mean the standard of refereeing in this country is so bad that it's pointless getting wound up; whoever it is is likely to balls it up and even if they do an alright job some third rate official will make a stupid VAR decision...

Oh yeah, not like it bothers me at all 🙄

58 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Do any fans really “fume” over a certain ref being appointed to their games?

I give the ref a cursory glance, sometimes think “oh dear” but usually don’t react at all, and really don’t see why anyone would get wound up by it. During the game maybe, but that’s as much about trying to influence the ref to assist your side as it is anything else. But before the game has kicked off I really don’t understand it.

I agree, but an awful lot of Norwich fans would be going mental had Simon Hooper been appointed ref!

13 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I agree, but an awful lot of Norwich fans would be going mental had Simon Hooper been appointed ref!

Yep... Was about to say that our fans definitely complain about certain refs... a LOT in fact.

Hooper is one of the worst of the bunch.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They are not very complementary about our side. 

But then neither are you.

Complementary or complimentary.

Edited by Nuff Said