Sign in to follow this  
westcountrycanary

how much will davernport cost us?

i think your value is about right and he would be a good acquisition. That said I do not believe that the defence is top priroity for cash (unless he can play right back) especially with Shacks in the wings (new right winger scoop!) We desperately need quality in the middle of the park and a striker that can score when he hasnt got the ball (how else are we to ever get promoted?)

Why do people keep going on about Davenport? Some of our biggest defeats were with him in the team. He was very clumsy at times. I''d rather rely on Shackell coming through the ranks and buy David Wright. Jurgen Colin is making too many silly mistakes at the moment I''m afraid, and he''s not very effective going forward.

I think this is about the right price, and should be top of Worthys  priority list. I felt we were a lot more solid at the back when he was on loan with us. BUY NOW !!!!!

i would like to take my hat off to davernport, for turning down the chance to join reading and choosing to join in his words '''' a club that is going places'''' , what a fantastic choice that was. he now wouldnt even get into our team

With 4 centre backs on the pitch in defence on sat and a fifth on the bench a central defender is hardly the priority right now IMO.

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]Why do people keep going on about Davenport? Some of our biggest defeats were with him in the team. He was very clumsy at times. I''d rather rely on Shackell coming through the ranks and buy David Wright. Jurgen Colin is making too many silly mistakes at the moment I''m afraid, and he''s not very effective going forward.[/quote]

Spot on, after davenport went our defence looked much stronger untill the last 2 weeks, which can be blamed on poor full backs (except drury) and no midfield.