Sign in to follow this  
nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

is the law for all of us?

Some might have heard of the caniving and disgusting activities of Mr. Epstein who apparently took his own life. His friends and circle was wide, from Derschowitz to Clinton  to prince Andrew, all over the world there were people who flew on his lolita express, or visited his love island.

Our press is somewhat coy when it comes to opur royals outing themselves in interviews, but nothing coy about this video.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/11/the-palace-threatened-us-a-million-different-ways/#respond

I feel there woud be a bit more faith in the royal family if William and Harry were top of the tree (unless you are a racist Daily Mail columnist). They have done a lot of good work to rebuild the reputation of the Windsors. Unfortunately that risks being undermined with this current disgrace.

(PS. Have a look what is trending on twitter. British black humour at its best?!)

Yes, some people just above the law. Politicians, police etc. Abuse of power and corruption scandals by police are so often in the newsletters. Hope independent organizations such as aaappp. Have anybody heard about this association against abuse of power by the police?

Extinction Rebellion dug up Trinity College lawn while the police stood by and watched. XR also blocked traffic in the city centre while the police, rather than stop this illegal act, set up traffic diversions to allow the blockade to continue. So no, the law is not for all of us.  Middle class vegans get a free hit.

57 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Theyll soon have other things to worry about.

Trench foot no doubt if this weather carries on.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Herman said:

Good for them. 

So you agree with Nevermind that the law is not for all of us. You are happy that some are more equal than others.

No, I am just happy that XR are causing enough of a fuss to wind up RWNJs and showing that direct, but non violent, action works. Good on them.

20 minutes ago, Herman said:

No, I am just happy that XR are causing enough of a fuss to wind up RWNJs and showing that direct, but non violent, action works. Good on them.

And their action breaks the law yet if they escape punishment you are ok with that. You're also ok using action that breaks the law to wind up other people. So you're actually intolerant of people who think differently to you, and you probably feel quite smug about it as well. 

• Haha 1

Oh wind your neck in you dreary old windbag.

If they break the law of the land then they should face justice, but they know that to get their message across then they will have to break the law. Very large peaceful marches got people nowhere so proper direct, targetted action is the only way to go. Maybe if you listened to their message in the first place they wouldn't have to go down that route.

So the poll tax riots, and yes, technically breaking the law, were a waste of time. The country stood up and said that they were unfair and only benefitted the wealthy. But the Government admitted it was wrong and changed it. 

So without that civil disobedience. the less well off would still be disadvantaged.

Sometimes the so called silent majority have only got themselves to blame.

On 18/02/2020 at 21:48, sahrenity said:

Have anybody heard about this association against abuse of power by the police?

Yes, I wish we could do something about the police, including decriminalization addicted people who only further suffer from their mindless actions. I got a friend who got in trouble because of that... Thank God, she's in rehab right now. Also, here's some info if you know people who have problems with that: https://addictionresource.com/drugs/ecstasy/ I believe they deserve a right to be cured.

3 hours ago, Sergl said:

Yes, I wish we could do something about the police, including decriminalization addicted people who only further suffer from their mindless actions. I got a friend who got in trouble because of that... Thank God, she's in rehab right now. Also, here's some info if you know people who have problems with that: https://addictionresource.com/drugs/ecstasy/ I believe they deserve a right to be cured.

We all make choices. And every choice we make has consequences. When are you (or your friend) going to take responsibility for the choices you made?