Yellowhammer

Will pukki be sold in January

Would not surprise me ,not getting the service here and if we are still bottom will be tempted  to better clubs .Hope we won't sell and will be in a better position .

Because of his age I cant see anyone offering the kind of fee we would need to be tempted to sell midway through our season.

Teemu Pukki has been good for NCFC, but NCFC has been the making of him to the extent that he now seems to be a national hero.

Suddenly a player who few had heard of before has become headline news. He's earning more now than ever he did before surely?

The Finns are practical people and although they are known to be God's frozen people they know which side their crispbread is buttered.

I shouldn't imagine that, at this stage in his career, he would want to risk a move to perceived greener pastures, whatever destiny lies in store for our club.

But, you never know, as they say.

Edited by BroadstairsR

8 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Not January but there will another fire sale come the summer

you couldn’t make it up 

Wont stop you trying to though,  will it.

16 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

He loves it here. Too early to make any predictions.

He seems to and, contrary to the stereotyping of his fellow countrymen as not being very gregarious**, he does seem to be  rather an outgoing sort (hair styles, celebrations etc.)

**Image result for finnish nightmares

Let's hope that he has his place on that open top bus when we celebrate survival this season.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Hugely doubtful.  

Much more likely that Aarons gets sold and loaned back (or similar), to get some decent transfer funds...it’s what I’d probably do at least and is merely bringing forward what’ll happen at some point; I’d then loan out Srbeny if the guy we need to get in is from overseas.

If he continues to receive the type of service he has in the last 6 or so games, he may as well be.  

But I don't think he will on either count.  

However, his value will only go down from this point, so in pragmatic terms I wouldn't be surprised if the thought had at least crossed Webbber's mind.

Personally I hope he stays with us, and sees out the rest of his career here, but I wanted Holt to do the same, so maybe it's best I don't tempt fate by talking about it at all.

The thing that worries me is often come January a club in the Champions league race gets an injury to their star striker re Kane last year. A club could just see Pukki as the answer and offer silly money which we would find hard to turn down. Not saying for 1 minute it is likely to happen just something that concerns me.

I reckon Aaron’s will be at Spurs very soon.

Pukki was not a nobody before he came to Norwich but his maturity into a top player has co-incided with his move to us and that is to our credit as well as his - it was a move that was brilliant for all parties. I don't see that changing this season as he must be happy as anything to be where he is now and in his career.  The end of the season might be different, but that is a story for the end of the season, not now - and he will hopefully be settled enough that even if we go down, he will still be up for the challenge.

Players do come and go, but this season represents unfinished business for all of them imo, in that they all need to see this season out to show what they might have to offer another club, including Max - and to stand any chance of moving up the table as the season progresses, we need to keep them all.

If we are struggling still in January then of course we have a dilemma whether to keep hold of players to try and stay up or cash in, if they are in the marketplace, just in case their value isn't as high after a relegation.

I think he will still be here in February.

On 16/11/2019 at 22:48, Yellowhammer said:

Would not surprise me ,not getting the service here and if we are still bottom will be tempted  to better clubs .Hope we won't sell and will be in a better position .

No way, more chance of Andrew sweating

• Haha 1

Interesting piece in Finnish newspaper today. They interviewed some guy who is working on this Norwich City Finland marketing project that has been started lately and he told to the paper (in Finnish) "Head of Commercial Operations, Sam Jeffery, told that they have few quite good young forwards, worth of 10-15 million pounds. Even though there would arise need for additional funds, they will not be selling Pukki, who has already gained legend status. By doing that they'd be losing some of their popularity and audience."

The article also mentions that Finland has become 2nd biggest market (England is of course the biggest) for City already and they are now looking for Finnish sponsors and planning for some future activities considering Finland. They are also possibly planning some cooperation with Finnish top league teams, considering possible loan deals with them and so on and also add more scouting focus to Finnish players.

2 minutes ago, hepphep said:

Interesting piece in Finnish newspaper today. They interviewed some guy who is working on this Norwich City Finland marketing project that has been started lately and he told to the paper (in Finnish) "Head of Commercial Operations, Sam Jeffery, told that they have few quite good young forwards, worth of 10-15 million pounds. Even though there would arise need for additional funds, they will not be selling Pukki, who has already gained legend status. By doing that they'd be losing some of their popularity and audience."

The article also mentions that Finland has become 2nd biggest market (England is of course the biggest) for City already and they are now looking for Finnish sponsors and planning for some future activities considering Finland. They are also possibly planning some cooperation with Finnish top league teams, considering possible loan deals with them and so on and also add more scouting focus to Finnish players.

We've a history of working with teams in Finland. In the 80's we used to send players there to play as their season took place mainly in our summer.

I also remember some of our school teams taking part in the Kokkola Cup each summer.

I had the good fortune to spend some time in that area when the tournament was taking place, had a great time with some great people.

Kippis!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hepphep said:

Can only be a good thing.

On 16/11/2019 at 23:48, Jobsworth Canary said:

Not January but there will another fire sale come the summer

you couldn’t make it up 

Unfortunately, I fear you might be correct. If we do go down, there's no way he'll be staying. 😭

OTBC

Webber has always said that every player has their price, but if somebody matches the price for one of our players I think it would be one of the youngsters.

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Webber has always said that every player has their price, but if somebody matches the price for one of our players I think it would be one of the youngsters.

For sure  , isn't that  how it works?  Let's  just imagine  for a second though, Pukki gets 20+   goals this season( not counting  finland goals) ... we still go down, what price would people think was good business? 20 mill, 25? Serious  question.

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

For sure  , isn't that  how it works?  Let's  just imagine  for a second though, Pukki gets 20+   goals this season( not counting  finland goals) ... we still go down, what price would people think was good business? 20 mill, 25? Serious  question.

Depends on his performances in the Euros in the summer. 

11 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I just hope Pukki stays fit and gets his shootin' boots back on for us.....and he also has a great Euro campaign......

I don't think he ever lost his shooting boots, he will score if we give him decent service, it's just that we haven't been doing that. Hopefully, that can be rectified in the upcoming games.

Worst case scenario for me is we go down and a rich Championship rival snaps him up. I just can't see a lower PL club paying us 20 odd million for a 30 year old striker who is no good in the air. Most teams in this league play with a totally different kind of striker. Most other teams want to score from crosses, set pieces and playing someone with great pace and dribbling in one v one with the keeper quickly on the break, Pukki's game doesn't suit that.

He would be very attractive for an ambitious top Championship club though. I can't see him going this January, no chance, but next summer I'm worried.