Sign in to follow this  
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Kensell on Ground Expansion

Some interesting tidbits in the middle there. Are they actively working on that 'case study' to expand the ground?

Somebody Told Me that the club have been talking about it for years but For Reasons Unknown, it hasn't happened yet. But looking on the Brightside, it sounds like could be getting closer, and it would really help the younger generation with more tickets readily available. If you think back to When You Were Young, I'm sure a lot of us starting going to games with parents, Uncle Jonny or whoever and it's a good way to build the foundations for the future.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Some interesting tidbits in the middle there. Are they actively working on that 'case study' to expand the ground?

Somebody Told Me that the club have been talking about it for years but For Reasons Unknown, it hasn't happened yet. But looking on the Brightside, it sounds like could be getting closer, and it would really help the younger generation with more tickets readily available. If you think back to When You Were Young, I'm sure a lot of us starting going to games with parents, Uncle Jonny or whoever and it's a good way to build the foundations for the future.

Hahaha brilliant, 

Ground expansion should be possible in this Day & Age, but you can understand Kensell, as The Man in charge, he’s only Human and can’t risk running the finances to the bare Bones. That’s just The World We Live In.

I’ll get my coat...

• Like 1

Please refer the consultation thread when he told us the land had now been bought to make this possible. He also confirmed that all those that said previously this was or would be happening were not telling the truth as it has only become possible since this land was acquired.

If Webber and Kensell are banking the surplus cash to fund an expansion in capacity then I would actually consider that a justifiable reason for not spending cash in the summer and would consider that a good legacy from their time at the helm. There's my slight climbdown 😉

McNally wanted 5 years of Premier League football to finance expansion, if this is an alternative way then that works for me. We simply have a better chance of establishing ourselves in the top tier in the long term future if we're seeing gates of 32000-35000 and are able to provide the seats required to inspire the next generation of fans and grow gate receipts and commercial revenue, even if we're selling kids tickets for £2 for a few years to fill it. 

I really hope there is something in this, because if that is the true intent rather than some made up 'model' which nobody seems to fully understand.... then I'd be very much on the same page as them. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

6 hours ago, Well b back said:

Please refer the consultation thread when he told us the land had now been bought to make this possible. He also confirmed that all those that said previously this was or would be happening were not telling the truth as it has only become possible since this land was acquired.

I don't think anyone connected with the club has ever until now said this was probably going to happen, let alone that it definitely was. I assume they knew bits of land/rights of way would have to be acquired if they ever went ahead, but since they were only ever talking about some future possibility (such as the joint Bowkett/McNally comments at an AGM in around 2011, which in effect poured a great amount of cold water on the prospect anytime soon) never bothered to mention that comparitively minor detail. They were not lying.

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Nottingham Forest to boost City Ground capacity with major revamp https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-47394081

Looks impressive, although their main stand will be shut for two years.

Terrible foreign owner respecting the heritage of the club, getting fans involved in the design process and not wishing to move to a soulless out of town stadium. How dare he. 

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Terrible foreign owner respecting the heritage of the club, getting fans involved in the design process and not wishing to move to a soulless out of town stadium. How dare he. 

If only he could achieve promotion eh?

• Haha 5