Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Lets Play the blame game

Who''s fault is it that Deano has left?

I personally blame both the board and Worthy

Worthy for signing a load of crap, I could have done better than him this summer.  He missed the boat by waiting for a couple of months before signing anybody, manmy good players had already gone by then.

The board for failing to finance better signings, money spent on Quality youngsters is money invested with a possibility of the players value rising and more money can be made, money spent on Andy Hughes is money that will never be seen again.  At least Dickson Etuhu can fool scouts into thinking he has potential so we may be able to get our money back on him.

why not blame deano himself?

its been obvious since the season started that he wanted to go. He''s as responsible for our predicament as NW and his fellow players. How many golden chances has he missed this season that have been just as crucial as defensive lapses.

Damien Francis was hounded out of the club for wanting to play top-flight football and a few performances lacking effort and yet Deano does the same for half-a-season and some astonishingly still refer to him as a legend. Just because he hasn''t had an agent winding us up doesn''t make me feel any different.

The board have not been gutless wonders in respect of Ashton. In fact £7M is a damn good price for someone he blatantly wanted no future at NCFC and is either injury prone or injury-feigning prone.

I don''t agree with the whole "if we were in a better position, Deano would still be here" argument. I would think the board offered him a new contract to try and keep him here in the Summer, and he negotiated the 10% fee in there because he knew he''d be off in January if anyone "decent" came in for him. Blatently, he hasn''t really given a toss this season - his performances on the whole were disinterested at the start of the season, and sickeningly, his hat trick only came when he was put in the shop window.For all the "I want to reward Norwich for taking a chance on me" statements, he showed no loyalty whatsoever, and clearly moved to Norwich with the intention of using the club as a stepping stone to greater things. Unfortunately, that''s football for you, and the board have secured a good fee for a player who wanted to go.Thanks for the goals Dean, all the best.

It was inevitable that Deano was going to leave and the only sorry part of this sage has been the clubs handling of the situtaion which was not poor but not perfect either.  What they have done is secure a good price for a talented young striker that had doubled his value mainly on the back of a dozen or so decent games in the spring.

Once Deanos head had been turned by the citeh offer in the summer and he saw how well Darren Bent was doing (a player he has always outscored whichever level they played together in making the England squad).  The prem cup is one that Deanos talents needed.

It is abundantly clear that NCFC are NOT going to be back in the prem next season and that would have increased Ashtons desire to cut his losses now and return to the top level soon - I dont see that as unloyal and expecting loyalty in todays game is unrealistic.

For Deano leaving no one is to blame. 

[quote user="A load of squit"]Blame it on the boogie![/quote]"LOS in sense of humour shock!"Seriously, Squit, your posts over the weekend have been well argued. This is the best so far though![:D]I don''t blame anyone except, perhaps, Pardew. He was the only one daft enough to pay over £7 million! If it weren''t for that we''d be left with an unhappy Ashton and no transfer kitty! We should probably thank him.

The difference between Ashton & Francis is that Francis was already in the Prem when he decided he wanted out. He could have been a very influential squad member & increased our chances of staying up (only needed to score/not concede in ONE of the many games we drew). Dean, understandably, didn''t want to mix it with a club that was going nowhere fast for the time being.

The board.

Although they are trying to make us blame ashton and play all innocent, some are falling for it.

I am disappointed to see that the board are ''blaming'' Ashton for the move - it was the same board that gave Ashton a new contract in Sept when it was lready very very clear that he was yearning for top flight football.

I cant see that the player has done anything except further his career and while the city board have raised city fans expectations with comments about offers or interest and silly money but also sealed  a decent deal which if spent wisely will give us the basis of a decent squad to challenge for promotion next season. 

Anybody else disappointed at these remarks -

"The main reason I left [Norwich] is that I am ambitious and I want to play for a big club."

[quote user="Fat Barman"][quote user="A load of squit"]Blame it on the boogie![/quote]

"LOS in sense of humour shock!"

Seriously, Squit, your posts over the weekend have been well argued. This is the best so far though![:D]

I don''t blame anyone except, perhaps, Pardew. He was the only one daft enough to pay over £7 million! If it weren''t for that we''d be left with an unhappy Ashton and no transfer kitty! We should probably thank him.
[/quote]

I think you two should get married.

The answer is simple.

The club said they did not have to sell so it was down to Dean wanting to leave.

If he was happy with the direction of the club and felt we had a good chance to make the playoffs he would have at least waited till the end of the season.

The truth is he could see the light that the club is being badly managed with terrible signings and horrible hoofing tactics.

Yes, lets all laugh and joke while our best players are being sold. Solid argument.

lets be honest, deano hasn''t been his best this season, he''s probably thinking he''s going backwards here at city. there can''t be many with smiles on their faces down at colney each day.  he obviously wants another crack at playing in the prem, and with all the trouble and strife at city he''s decided to take the easy route back. fair enough that somebody wants to pay 7m for what he did last season, not this. Deano''s voted with his feet and that''s the worrying thing for delia, worthy and co.OK we''ve got the dosh to rebuild with, but deano wasn''t confident we''d go back up - or did he feel he couldn''t adapt to worthy''s style of play and wanted to try a different team who like to pass?  jj hit rock bottom, got lifted by pulis and played very well, then slowly it looks like he''s losin his form again.  why is that - wuss goin on boy''s down at ole carra rd?  When the cuddles and huddles don''t work, we''ve had it.

USAcanary wrote:

I think you two should get married.

Yes, lets all laugh and joke while our best players are being sold. Solid argument.

Thanks for your concern about my private life.

You need to chug a beer and chill out, pal!

Squit cracked a joke - pointing out nicely what a pointless exercise blaming any one individual, or group, is in a si-choo-ayshun like this. I laughed, you didn''t, big deal.

Seems like you''re on the wrong side of the pond. The drink of choice Stateside is lager - this is a word meaning to ''lay down''. I suspect you''d be happier with the local brew - it''s name means exactly what it says on the tin - Bitter.

Perhaps, in future, we can restrict comments to football matters, rather than making snide comments about other posters?