Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Devil next door - Netflix

Just started watching this - really insightful docu-series into a story I had no idea about (don't know how it ends yet!), although some of you may remember the story in the news as it would have been world headlines at that time - late 80s). Series is well produced and really interesting, albeit with some horrific footage from the concentration camps.

Quiet, unassuming immigrant to the USA (from Ukraine) John Demjanjuk, arrested on suspicion of war crimes after being identified by Treblinka survivors and the KGB as "Ivan the terrible", a notorious SS guard who attacked concentration camp victims at the doors of the gas chamber with a sword, mutilating them and making their last moments even more horrific.

I'm sure most are aware that some of my family were incarcerated in concentration camps or murdered by the nazis so I have a personal interest but certainly useful for anyone with any kind of interest of WW2 or that kind of thing. Worth a watch.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

Just started watching this - really insightful docu-series into a story I had no idea about (don't know how it ends yet!), although some of you may remember the story in the news as it would have been world headlines at that time - late 80s). Series is well produced and really interesting, albeit with some horrific footage from the concentration camps.

Quiet, unassuming immigrant to the USA (from Ukraine) John Demjanjuk, arrested on suspicion of war crimes after being identified by Treblinka survivors and the KGB as "Ivan the terrible", a notorious SS guard who attacked concentration camp victims at the doors of the gas chamber with a sword, mutilating them and making their last moments even more horrific.

I'm sure most are aware that some of my family were incarcerated in concentration camps or murdered by the nazis so I have a personal linterest but certainly useful for anyone with any kind of interest of WW2 or that kind of thing. Worth a watch.

He was found guilty in a German court but died before his appeal was heard. Hope this didn't spoil the ending for you.