TCCANARY

Today in Helsinki

image.thumb.png.efe323dc92ceaa33204512a63c22f27a.png

As someone who worked tirelessly for the clubs commercial department (we used to look forward to his visits with the lottery tickets, he made us smile from the moment he came in the shop to the time he left to cheer up some other shop workers day) Big Dunc would've loved this. 😀

image.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TCCANARY said:

image.thumb.png.efe323dc92ceaa33204512a63c22f27a.png

As someone who worked tirelessly for the clubs commercial department (we used to look forward to his visits with the lottery tickets, he made us smile from the moment he came in the shop to the time he left to cheer up some other shop workers day) Big Dunc would've loved this. 😀

image.png

I said at the time Pukki was a marquee signing that showed real intent on the part of the club...

• Haha 1

Sales of NCFC shirts likely to be high in Finland.

Ditto: Cuba.

PL football so great for the club as a whole. A pity it seems to slip through our fingers so easily and with such appalling consistency.

Let's just hope Farkism bucks this trend. Despite a;ll thus far.

Pukki about to pull the trigger and defender tackles - ball ricocheted into another Finnish player's path and made no mistake. 1-0. The Pukki Party is just beginning. He will be revered forever in Finland if he leads them to qualification. It's a bit like the Alamo at the moment. Ball hasn't been in Finland's half except the kickoff for the entire game.

Just now, kick it off said:

Subbed - no injury - Hell of an ovation.🐐

That'll do!! 🙂

Absolutely bloody brilliant scenes . Congratulations Pukki and Finland . Lovely to see some yellow and green in Helsinki .

Finland shirts for Christmas anyone ? 

Edited by Pockthorpe

They have done it. ****ing get in. Well done Teemu, Litmanen never managed to drag Finland to a tournament. Fantastic scenes at the end there. Congrats to Teemu and Finland.

Amazing! Hopefully he survived the pitch invasion... last I saw of him he was in the midst of several thousand crazy Nordic folks going bat**** crazy!

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

Just need him to get back on the score sheet for Norwich again

I think his stats were quite good after international breaks last season. Desperately need his goalscoring touch back.

23 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

Pinking states he limped of with an injury. I didn't notice him limping when he left the pitch

I didn't notice him limping and Skysports made no mention of an injury either - not sure where that has come from - my understanding was he was subbed to get the ovation he earned through the campaign.

7 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I didn't notice him limping and Skysports made no mention of an injury either - not sure where that has come from - my understanding was he was subbed to get the ovation he earned through the campaign.

They did mention that he had 'pulled up' and was continuing a bit 'gingerly'.

To me it looked like one of those 'run it off' injuries and he was moving freely when he went off.

• Thanks 1

Apparently this supporter is 79 and has been attending Finland games for over 50 years waiting on them to appear in a major tournament. A very happy and emotional man.... 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 3

Just surreal feeling here in Finland. Been following national team actively since late 80s, watching most of the games during years. So often starting qualifiers with big dreams and dose of hope, going through times of despair. And finally the dreams came true.

In Finland, this qualifying was often referred as the dream of generations. Today it felt so real when I was watching the match with my father and my children (only on tv though, as could not manage to get ticket). 

• Like 10