TCCANARY

Today in Helsinki

With the job now done for Pukki, I would not be surprised to see him perform better for us domestically now.

Get a decent defence behind him here and watch him go.

4 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

When does it get to the point where we can say Pukki is the most talented striker the club has ever had?

When he starts heading crosses into the top corner😉🥅

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mind the gap said:

I hope they don't play him on Monday now

they're through. Or just for a half at least.

Give him some DF time.......6 mins at the end😉  . We need him more than Finland do, until next  summer. Then they can borrow him again. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

When does it get to the point where we can say Pukki is the most talented striker the club has ever had?

I'm  know he wasn't with us long but Dean Ashton  has to be up there. He pretty much had it all except blistering pace.  What a career he could have had ,had he not been struck by such a serious injury.

• Like 2

He can play all day. Those Finns are tough and held off the Red Army. Paavo Nurmi could run forever. And you try and get past them in a saloon car in a forest!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I'm  know he wasn't with us long but Dean Ashton  has to be up there. He pretty much had it all except blistering pace.  What a career he could have had ,had he not been struck by such a serious injury.

You’re right. He could have been something special.

13 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

When he outscores Holty in the Premier League 😉

On 16/11/2019 at 00:38, Mind the gap said:

I hope they don't play him on Monday now

they're through. Or just for a half at least.

Not sure of the calculations, but I suspect Finland need to win tonight to improve their chances of being a third-ranked team rather than a fourth-ranked team (assuming they care about that) when it comes to the draw for the Euro finals.

6 changes to usual starting 11 for Finland, but pretty decent first half still. And what a goal by Pukki, did it all by himself. Won a long ball from keeper and beat 3 defenders on situation and ice cold finish from his break through

But yes, win could help Finland to 3rd group and maybe give easier group in finals

Edited by hepphep