Starting to look better with Zimbo & Hanley coming back too, might have a full strength team soon, then we’ll find out how far away from a premiership team we are.

Pleased for him and love the guy but sounds like we need to treat the rest of the season as if he wont be fit to play any part and if he is? Unexpected bonus.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He was walking round the pitch before the Villa game. He looked a long way from being fit. Perhaps he'll make the last few games. 

I'm order to sign any overseas player in January we need to take one out of our 25.

I should imagine that would be Klose and we won't leave him in just in case he can play 2 or 3 games. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm order to sign any overseas player in January we need to take one out of our 25.

I should imagine that would be Klose and we won't leave him in just in case he can play 2 or 3 games. 

We won't sign an overseas player in January.

2 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Don’t necessarily disagree, but there are other options for getting an o/s player in - selling or loaning someone out, Srbeny for example.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Don’t necessarily disagree, but there are other options for getting an o/s player in - selling or loaning someone out, Srbeny for example.

That is an option, but I was hoping for more than 1 signing. Dropping McGov or sending Ralf back and promoting Oxborough another. 

7 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

What makes you so confident of that? 

Just in time to join in the team's lap of honour around the Carrow Road pitch to celebrate avoiding promotion with an easy three points against a doomed Burnley side, who folded in the second half of the season after Dyche was poached by Stoke City.

The club would be sensible to write off Klose for this season, whatever. Get the best man scouted and available to put in the centre of that defence, worry about the logistics afterwards and see what combinations can be effected with a fit Zimbo and Ben Godfrey fully up to speed.

Survival is the order of the day .... and I again recall to you the time when John Bond brought in Trevor Hockey for that express purpose  .... and it worked.

Once the defence is solidified there's a fair chance that our re-known attacking prowess will once again come to the fore.

Edited by BroadstairsR

It was Ron Saunders who brought Hockey in ,the 1st season in division1  72/73 and yes it did work,think he lasted until the end of the season and was off again after playing approx 13 games. We should have kept him as he was a great little player and a real character, who was sadly missed the following season.

"It was Ron Saunders who brought Hockey in  ....."

Thanks for that. I have always had in in my head that it was Bondie, and had to check:

Feb '73  .... Hockey

Nov.73 ..... Bond

We need a Hockey-type saviour now, assuming that that type of player would succeed in today's game.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

We need a Hockey-type saviour now, assuming that that type of player would succeed in today's game.

He'd get sent off in the warm-up. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, lappinitup said:

He'd get sent off in the warm-up. 😀

I loved the ‘Hockey is a werewolf’ chant. 

On 15/11/2019 at 09:37, TeemuVanBasten said:

I understand your point but I don't think the club would do that to him and prevent him playing a few games, or playing a part on the bench. The latter allows us to bring him on and go with just 3 at the back if chasing a game. A timely update from TK too just in case the club were thinking of 'dropping' him from the squad.

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I understand your point but I don't think the club would do that to him and prevent him playing a few games, or playing a part on the bench. The latter allows us to bring him on and go with just 3 at the back if chasing a game. A timely update from TK too just in case the club were thinking of 'dropping' him from the squad.

There are other ways to make room for an overseas signing, but they all involve somebody else being disappointed.

Could argue that Michael McGovern never dreamt in a million years to get a couple of games in the Premier League, so he's not going to consider it a disaster if we switch him for a young keeper and loan him out to Cambridge or somebody for the rest of the season. 

And would probably do Srberny some good to go and get some football. Those appear the two obvious other options.