Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Steer clear!

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

I got that free with the black and white album, still got them 😁

Yeah I remember the freebie was the size of a single so the first time I put it on at 45 when it should have been 33 rpm and it made the Stranglers sound like Pinkie & Perkie !!

Happy days....  My mum & dad got so sick of hearing that album :classic_laugh:

6 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I think the first question you should ask is whether 'surviving in the Premier League' is the most important objective.

For me it most definitely is not - I dislike the Premier League (for many reasons) and much prefer to watch the Championship, especially when we are in it.

My main objective is to watch Norwich City play football, ideally exciting and entertaining football which is exactly what Farke has provided and Alex Neil too, for that matter.

The Premier League has nothing to do with sport, it is a business providing football based entertainment and if you think your club is participarting in a sporting competition whilst in the Premier League then you are always going to be disappointed. It is first, second and always a business and it is run in the interests not of football supporters but the business owners.

Of course I want to see NCFC do well and when we do very well in the Championship then we have to put up with a stay in the Premiership, but its exciting when we go up and it can often be pretty exciting when we go down.

Do I want to play every year in Premiership mid-table mediocrity, watching a bunch of mercenaries who have no real link to the club and are there for no reason other than the money??

No I ***** well don't - give me yo-yo every time.

This is such a good post.  It's true that stays in the Championship can be longer than expected tho', I still remember those T-Shirts printed in the Chase era reading "On loan to Division 1 for one season only".  Didn't look so clever when we were stuck there till Worthy got us promoted but nowadays I think we know how hard it is to get out of the Champs.

I guess the difference is that playing in the Prem has fun moments (winning at Spurs or Man City or Man Utd etc) but realistically the best we could hope for is a one-off really good season where we get in the top 7, anything beyond that would be a Leicester-style one-off and I never expect to see that repeated.  Whereas in the Champs, you can have seasons like last year when we were truly amazing.

I do remember QPR fans whinging when they were in the Prem that they wished they were back in the Champs so they could be winning all the time, obviously it's not worked out like that and I think we know better.  The difference is the Champs is a proper sporting league which anyone can win including us, unlike the Prem which is a total closed shop.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I think it was St Andrews hall where they brought some strippers on stage for bring on the nubiles ?

I'm sure Benny Tillo would know.  😉

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

He might have been on duty outside 😁

Outside? When there's semi naked women and great fun inside, a policemens lot is not a happy one! 

48 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

There are some lyrics on the No More Heroes album that wouldn’t go down too well now aren’t there ? 

There are Indeed, maybe someone will do a rewrite like they have with ' baby it's cold outside'.

Edited by wcorkcanary
Typo

On 14/11/2019 at 13:34, hogesar said:

One of the best posts i've read in a while; was starting to lose faith in this forum what with a couple of posters in particular following me about without anything constructive to say.

Nutty could tell you he is a flat earth believer and you’d follow his school of thought . 

Nutty could tell you he is a flat earth believer and you’d follow his school of thought . 

Well where have all the missing people gone then? Lord Lucan, Shergar, Philip Heise, Paul Moy? They have obviously fallen off the edge.

On 14/11/2019 at 19:14, FenwayFrank said:

He might have been on duty outside 😁

Bet you by golly wow he'd have been inside had it been the Stylistics...

Edited by nutty nigel

36 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Bet you by golly wow he'd have been inside had it been the Stylistics...

Do you make him feel brand new nutty ?

On 14/11/2019 at 11:24, Creative Midfielder said:

I think the first question you should ask is whether 'surviving in the Premier League' is the most important objective.

For me it most definitely is not - I dislike the Premier League (for many reasons) and much prefer to watch the Championship, especially when we are in it.

My main objective is to watch Norwich City play football, ideally exciting and entertaining football which is exactly what Farke has provided and Alex Neil too, for that matter.

The Premier League has nothing to do with sport, it is a business providing football based entertainment and if you think your club is participarting in a sporting competition whilst in the Premier League then you are always going to be disappointed. It is first, second and always a business and it is run in the interests not of football supporters but the business owners.

Of course I want to see NCFC do well and when we do very well in the Championship then we have to put up with a stay in the Premiership, but its exciting when we go up and it can often be pretty exciting when we go down.

Do I want to play every year in Premiership mid-table mediocrity, watching a bunch of mercenaries who have no real link to the club and are there for no reason other than the money??

No I ***** well don't - give me yo-yo every time.

That's the best post I've seen here in ages - having been a diehard since 1964 I couldn't agree more!

24 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

That's the best post I've seen here in ages - having been a diehard since 1964 I couldn't agree more!

You must be almost as old as me then!   😀

My very earliest (and dim) memories of Carrow Road are from the cup run in 59 - TBH its the huge size and noise of the crowd that I recall more than any details of the games.

But even though we've 'won' relatively little in those sixty years I feel very lucky that as a club we've had many fantastically exciting and entertaining seasons mixed in with the disappointments and disasters. Seems to me that this is by means the norm - there are plenty of clubs in the leagues that don't seem to move up or down much at all season after season and therefore rarely, if at all, get involved in the dramas that we get to see on a regular basis.

As many others have said before, if it wasn't for the lows, the highs wouldn't be half as enjoyable 😁

Edited by Creative Midfielder