Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

More Lies....

I see Alan Pardew this evening stated in the Dean Ashton Press Conference that he kept coming back with bids even though they were rejected. Finally, the Norwich board accepted the 7.25 million transfer fee.More lies from our board...didn''t they say on Saturday that no one has bid for Green or Ashton yet?

I dont think the board ever lied, in reality they had to hide the truth (that ashton wanted out) to get as much money as possible for him from potential suiters.

I dont like the smug attitude Worthy and Doncaster have taken during this affair however, treating the fans as idiots throughout.

Talk of silly money, which never materialised. stupid press conferences where they needlessly confirmed nothing but got the fans wondering if he ws sold or not.

fair play 7 million is the right price for deano, its just a real shame he wanted to go, and the situation of the side he has left behind he was the jewel in a premiership season of dross, now he is gone.

What they said was that there was no deal for £8m, not that there was no deal...

Perhaps they havent lied, but it seems to be that they have skirted around the truth, sat on the fence and told us nothing.

[quote user="Canary Boy"]    I see Alan Pardew this evening stated in the Dean Ashton Press Conference that he kept coming back with bids even though they were rejected. Finally, the Norwich board accepted the 7.25 million transfer fee.

More lies from our board...didn''t they say on Saturday that no one has bid for Green or Ashton yet?
[/quote]

No, sorry you are wrong - in more ways than one.  As I recall they said we had had no bids that interested us, which was true, and tbh the club actually said very little on the subject if you look back at the quotes. 

It seems you have fallen into a common mistake of  believing the media and the way they portray comments rather than looking at the actual comments made.  For example, Doncaster''s quote from Saturday was : “As and when there is anything to report we will report it. As of yet there is nothing“. 

Once again - they did NOT say no bids (since everyone knew that Wigan had made a bid of £3m), they said no DEAL and no ACCEPTABLE OFFERS.

One other point - the man who bought Ashton thinks it was silly money, so we should all accept his judgement, don''t you think? It''s obvious really - more than £7m for a player with almost no experience in the Premiership, and one who hasn''t been playing too well, is brilliant business. It''s a big gamble for West Ham, and I hope it pays off for Deano''s sake.