Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

The worlds going mad ...........

What with outrageous totally unbelievable politician rubbish day in day out!

What with Pink un journalists getting slaughtered for sensationalising headlines! 
What with Norwich city fans leaping to the defence of our manager despite being bottom and heading for relegation!! (By the way totally agree with them, just pleasantly surprised how unified everybody is behind this support given our perilous position) You could be excused for thinking the the world is going ever slightly mad!!! 
Thank goodness for the quite wonderful Anna Trybull (on latest TNC podcast) she restores faith in human behaviour!!! 

14 minutes ago, king canary said:

I see you've discovered brackets to go with exclamation marks. Soon you'll get on to full stops...

Thank you for your constructive insight as always King Canary!!!

• Like 1

Don't wish to be pedantic but they aren't brackets they are parenthesis

Brackets are [ ]

Just distant memories from my apprenticeship as a Compositor. Or Typographical Architect if you ever get to announcing your occupation on a quiz show.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Brackets are [ ]

Just distant memories from my apprenticeship as a Compositor. Or Typographical Architect if you ever get to announcing your occupation on a quiz show.

In American English certainly, but in English English I believe they can be called brackets, with square brackets for [ ] and braces for { }. 

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

To think of all the grief i got for posting photos of Mrs T last season.

And now you're posting videos...

I don't understand what you mean, Tilly?? You got grief for posting photos but somehow that's now legitimised because she's been interviewed on TNC?

I think it's good that she's sharing her story and we're seeing something other than football here. But the reason you were all crucified for posting pics of players wives in various states of undress is because it's just, kinda, pervy and weird.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

To think of all the grief i got for posting photos of Mrs T last season.

I notice they didn't interview her in a bikini. Maybe that is a factor?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, king canary said:

I notice they didn't interview her in a bikini. Maybe that is a factor?

Wouldn't that be a bit weird, men wearing bikinis to interview someone...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Sexist.

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It’s quite common in Kazakhstan 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, king canary said:

Sexist.

Not at all. I just feel the sight of two young men in skimpy swimwear could so inflame passions among impressionable viewers that they would be unable to concentrate on the searching questions and the revealing answers. Not to mention making the process more about the interviewers than the interviewee.😎

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not at all. I just feel the sight of two young men in skimpy swimwear could so inflame passions among impressionable viewers that they would be unable to concentrate on the searching questions and the revealing answers. Not to mention making the process more about the interviewers than the interviewee.😎

'Talk Norwich City turned me gay.'

• Haha 2

On 12/11/2019 at 21:23, keelansgrandad said:

Brackets are [ ]

Isn't the plural 'parentheses?'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

This reminds me of the old "would you mind if I paint you in the nude?" gag...

And a distant cousin to that not so golden oldie: ‘The young woman opened the door in her dressing gown.’

What a load of fawning garbage.  She seems perfectly nice, but honest to god, why?  Purely because some people think she is hot?

I don't generally like to criticise (semi) creative endeavours but TNC?  More like TMZ...

On next week's podcast, Delia's feminine hygiene tips, and Daniel Farke's hot female cousin picks up a bratwurst with her elbows.

Edited by Orly

10 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

I have some pictures of me posing in a mankini.....and no, it's not a courgette......

A Cornichon?

I have two wear a one piece now as the chest has headed south and occupied the belly. But I'm sure I could still turn heads.

I have gifted you an opening there, don't let me down. I don't know what it is like where you are but it is stair rods down here and it is the Scottish lady on Bargain Hunt and she gets on my nerves so I am posting anything.

You live in Killville - a town populated by 10 killers and 10 pacifists.
When a pacifist meets a pacifist, nothing happens.
When a pacifist meets a killer, the pacifist is killed.
When two killers meet, both die.
Assume meetings always occur between exactly two persons and the pairs involved are completely random.
Are your odds of survival better if you are a killer? or a pacifist? Or does it matter?

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I have two wear a one piece now as the chest has headed south and occupied the belly. But I'm sure I could still turn heads.

I have gifted you an opening there, don't let me down. I don't know what it is like where you are but it is stair rods down here and it is the Scottish lady on Bargain Hunt and she gets on my nerves so I am posting anything.

You live in Killville - a town populated by 10 killers and 10 pacifists.
When a pacifist meets a pacifist, nothing happens.
When a pacifist meets a killer, the pacifist is killed.
When two killers meet, both die.
Assume meetings always occur between exactly two persons and the pairs involved are completely random.
Are your odds of survival better if you are a killer? or a pacifist? Or does it matter?

I like Anita Manning tbh

What an inspirational lady.  Thoroughly enjoyed the interview and especially her bringing some insight into her's and Tom's back story, which shows the battles footballers - and everyone else - have in their lives and careers.  Maybe we could see some other interviews with other players strong wives/girlfriends which can dispel the footballers wives stereotypes that we so often see portrayed in the media.

It all helps connecting players with fans - they are human and the more we can understand their stories, the better it is. So good job TNC guys, this was a great idea and Anna is great too in every way.  Tom is a lucky boy, hope he goes from strength to strength this season on the back of having so much support behind the scenes.

• Like 1

Thought it was a bit of waste of my time to watch it, so TT gets "massive respect" for ordering a Cortado with coconut milk! Wow. I have to admit I gave up on it after about 20ish mins, so maybe I missed the interesting insightful bits.  What I did glean from it was....pretty attractive Ukrainian woman tries to make it in US of A , didn't go so well so returns to Germany and marries a footballer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Thought it was a bit of waste of my time to watch it, so TT gets "massive respect" for ordering a Cortado with coconut milk! Wow. I have to admit I gave up on it after about 20ish mins, so maybe I missed the interesting insightful bits.  What I did glean from it was....pretty attractive Ukrainian woman tries to make it in US of A , didn't go so well so returns to Germany and marries a footballer. 

Thanks, that’s an hour I don’t need to waste!