Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Deleted

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/farke-defying-premier-league-sack-race-1-6370410

Another one. Maybe I'm just seeing what I expect to see but I can't help but wonder what the point of articles like this is. it reads to me a bit like "hey you guys should really be getting on his back by now" 

Teams in the position described after 20 games may well when a manager usually loses his job but more often than not that club didn't defy the odds the season before and spend minimally in the summer. Whatever you thoughts on our summer spend most should be able to see that you need to be careful with statistics like the above.. unless you're just trying to stir.

I do get a bit fed up with stats, averages etc. We are what we are and don't have to be lumped in with everyone else. We are a unique club in some ways and for so long were in the sack the manager thought.

I really wish that people would bother to read entire articles, rather than pointing out bits that COULD be interpreted as negative and calling for Farke to get the sack. This article does NOT suggest that at all.

Here's an excerpt-

"So in spite of six defeats in seven games and just two late consolation goals during a drastic downturn, the head coach is not facing fury and demands for City to make a change, even after an error-strewn 2-0 home defeat to Watford which saw the Hornets swap places with the hosts at the foot of the table."

That doesn't sound anything like what some of you guys are suggesting it to be. When you pick up a paper do you just read the headline and then create your own story off the back of it?

This piece then goes in to stats about averages that have ended up with other managers sacked in the past. Such as goals per game, league position after 20 games etc.

Farke is way over a lot of that but the piece is still not saying there are people calling for his head.

It actually reads...

"There are FEW calls for Farke to be dismissed"

So, really, kind of ended up looking a bit silly here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Remember it is copy and paste David Freezer you are talking about. Useless beyond words.

Did Freezer kill your pet hamster or some such outrage?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

It actually reads...

Yeah, thats what I thought I read!

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, thats what I thought I read!

"Hurlers on the Ditch ". See 'Club without ambition 'thread  for explanation of that  expression. 

45 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

It actually reads...

Oh yeah, that does make me look a bit silly.

Apologies to David Freezer for misreading his article!

Too late. I would imagine he is probably crying somewhere by now 😉

Edited by BobLoz3

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Me?

I ended up getting confused myself... Didn't read the subject header properly 😜

It reminds me of the situation when Burnley went up with Dyche in charge and their promotion was unexpected, so when they went straight back down they persevered with him.

Unless I've remembered that all wrong, which is totally possible...

4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I do get a bit fed up with stats, averages etc. We are what we are and don't have to be lumped in with everyone else. We are a unique club in some ways and for so long were in the sack the manager thought.

Completely agree. Plus, isn’t one of the most important stats how often Norwich City change managers? We have given previous managers far longer than they would get at other clubs.