Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Sellable Assets

We have some in the playing staff that in all honesty won't be here much longer, ie Godfrey, Aaron's and maybe a couple of others, seems logical that they will go in the summer so is it better to sell in January and loan back till the end of the season and invest some of the money or wait till the summer!? 

I think it would be better to sell in January whilst they're Premier League players than the potential of them not being in May and reinvest to try and see whether it can keep us up, provided it's not a massive mountain to climb after January!? 

All that being said, it's only a possibility for me if some of the money is invested. 

I don’t see it. Why would anybody spend big bucks on Godfrey and Aaron’s. They form 50% of what looks like it might be the worst back 4 in premiership history. 

they are young you say they will get better. Maybe. But you won’t get mega buck until that’s proven. Don’t forget the leaked goals in the championship too. 

this isn’t a Maddison situation where he excelled despite everything. These 2 can’t  defend well enough at either level. I don’t see it. Yes someone might take a punt but not for mega bucks because there is no proof you’ll get a return. 

Maddison excelled in the Championship and went to a team playing well in Leicester, in the right team and with the right players theres no doubt both Godfrey and Aarons will succeed at the higher level in a better team. 

Let's see where we are in January. If we're still adrift at the bottom of the table then it might be worth cashing in on at least one of them.

If Mings and Webster are worth £20m each then Godfrey is worth that as a minimum, especially considering he's already captained England U21s and can play as a DM too.

Aarons was EFL Young Player of the Year last season; Ryan Sessegnon, who won it the year before, didn't have a great season in the Prem last year but Spurs still paid £25m for him.

Lewis is an established full international who started the season well but his form has fallen away alongside pretty much everyone except Krul. He's another one in the £15m+ bracket.

Cantwell is an England U21 player who has looked decent in patches at Prem level, so his value would surely be north of £10m if we were looking to sell.

I don't see a huge number of Clubs forming a queue who prepared to throw signiificant amounts money at any of our players.

Any value they had last summer will have deminished considerably since the start of the season.

Cleary we don't have another Maddison in the squad so I don't see anybody going for more than £10m, if that

Edited by Making Plans

49 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Let's see where we are in January. If we're still adrift at the bottom of the table then it might be worth cashing in on at least one of them.

If Mings and Webster are worth £20m each then Godfrey is worth that as a minimum, especially considering he's already captained England U21s and can play as a DM too.

Aarons was EFL Young Player of the Year last season; Ryan Sessegnon, who won it the year before, didn't have a great season in the Prem last year but Spurs still paid £25m for him.

Lewis is an established full international who started the season well but his form has fallen away alongside pretty much everyone except Krul. He's another one in the £15m+ bracket.

Cantwell is an England U21 player who has looked decent in patches at Prem level, so his value would surely be north of £10m if we were looking to sell.

And apart from Lewis are young English talent and they do have value because of the rules. 

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

And apart from Lewis are young English talent and they do have value because of the rules. 

Lewis still counts as home grown so holds the same value.

We got £25m for Maddison who is English.

Nobody in our squad gets anywhere near Maddision in terms of skill, ability and potential.

We won't be getting anywhere near £15m or £10m for any of our players anytime soon

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Lewis still counts as home grown so holds the same value.

Realised that after I hit submit but couldn't be bothered to put another message, knew someone would pick up my error 👍🏼

If you look at the goals we’re conceding Godfrey is at fault with quite a few, how much is down to him covering for his partner is anybody’s guess.  At the moment he’s not a £20 million player

19 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

If you look at the goals we’re conceding Godfrey is at fault with quite a few, how much is down to him covering for his partner is anybody’s guess.  At the moment he’s not a £20 million player

Maybe but how many has the back 4 been exposed to by us giving the ball away in stupid places like Friday. 

He has all the right attributes and with the right partner beside him he will go a long way. 

He's come a long way already and our defensive situation is resting on his shoulders, that's tough for someone of his age. 

10 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Maybe but how many has the back 4 been exposed to by us giving the ball away in stupid places like Friday. 

He has all the right attributes and with the right partner beside him he will go a long way. 

He's come a long way already and our defensive situation is resting on his shoulders, that's tough for someone of his age. 

I agree but Godfrey has also been caught woefully out of position on several occasions this season already.

Yes, the reason for this is largely due to someone else giving the ball away. But when our CB is playing on the left wing, with Jamal already up ahead of him, pushed on and we lose the ball like we did on Friday you'll only ever see one outcome in this league... PUNISHMENT from the opposing team.

He will be better with his positioning when he has the confidence through having a proper CB next to him.

Of our starlets I think Lewis is most likely to be the most wanted because he is a LB these tend to be rarer, and although seemingly struggling in PL has looked the best of the starlets.  Any one of the 3 young starlets would benefit from another year at NCFC however a decent offer would be readily accepted but £20m bird has flown.  This also applies to Buendia who much improve to attract any attention although at the top of Sky's stats he is currently a liability.  I don't include Cantwell in the young stars he needs to beef up and cut out the errors looking to be at City for the near future.  

I believe that at least one or two of those mentioned will go at the end of the season, no matter where we are (the only exception would have been had we perhaps made top half  we may have refused an offer or two). They haven't become bad players overnight and clubs will have tracked them for a considerable period.

What price for them? God only knows

I remember the heady days of the summer when people were talking about Buendia being our first £50m player. And to be fair, maybe I dared to believed it too... What a time to be alive that was! (And, football being a funny old game, let’s not entirely write the possibility off yet, even if it does seem like a distant dream.)