wcorkcanary

Just a few cities ?districts bigger than us.

Yes. I know about that open end, but never experienced it fortunately.

I distinctly remember one very wet, very cold Saturday afternoon there during our flirt with L.1. season (or possibly the Gills brief outings into the Championship.)

I believe we were 4-0 down by half-time. It was a thoroughly miserable experience even though we recovered to 4-3 in the second half.

After the game I distinctly recall seeing a wet and miserable horde of City supporters, huddled together, traipsing towards their transport like a group of medieval  flagellants in full flow.

I remember having mixed feelings about the sighting, both of admiration for their dedication and resolve, whilst at the same time asking myself why these silly sods regularly put themselves through such ordeals.  

However,  Gillingham will never be amongst the most appealing of destinations and a visit to Craven Cottage early Summertime would surely have been more fun, despite the fact that we regularly got beaten.

So you respect somebody's opinion if it is the same as yours, because you are the self-annointed Pink'un arbitor of what dictates an acceptable opinion or not?  

Give it a rest. Corkie isn't like that. But you are now compiling a history of disrespectful posts.

33 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So you respect somebody's opinion if it is the same as yours, because you are the self-annointed Pink'un arbitor of what dictates an acceptable opinion or not?  

Give it a rest. Corkie isn't like that. But you are now compiling a history of disrespectful posts.

Thanks  Grandadio! I dont believe  I'm  as much of a **** as he reckons I am either ( though I have my moments.) Waveney thinks I'm an oddball, which, coming from him , I take as compliment. Benny Tillo just doesn't like getting his  self important  leg pulled,  therefore I pull it as often  as I can. What's  really behind TvBs animosity for  me is  that  I asked him to provide  evidence  of the infamous SW quote that he used a while ago to back up one of his posts.....still waiting  for that quote TvB.   So there we have it, a storm in a teacup. I dont take  such vociferous  posters too seriously.....that may annoy  them too but hey ho, lifes too short.  His posting style reminds me a bit of Morty who would  really get hot under the collar if anyone had the audacity  to disagree  with him and  often resort to insults.  There are many posters  who have been on here longer than me, incl TvB I reckon, judging by his reference to  posters no longer posting. ... his appearance  on here since April  ,with such knowledge,  suggests he was either posting here previously under a different  ID ,  or he did a lot of research regarding previous posts discussing   Troy Deeney.  Nuttyo  tried to get him to admit his previous nom de plume but he wasn't  playing . No bother,  its everyone's  right to reinvent themselves  but mostly they  revert to type sooner or later.  Time will tell.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

But you are now compiling a history of disrespectful posts.

Posts which are mostly directed at the same couple of individuals, one of which you correctly point out I do not respect. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Why write 100 words about it then? 

It's my right to do so. Cheers  

PS kind of you  to be interested enough to count  the words.x 

Edited by wcorkcanary

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Posts which are mostly directed at the same couple of individuals, one of which you correctly point out I do not respect. 

So, by definition,  you do respect  all but one of those you wrote to disrespectfully. Not doing well  on the logic at the moment TvB. 

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

So, by definition,  you do respect  all but one of those you wrote to disrespectfully. Not doing well  on the logic at the moment TvB. 

Yes, the only poster I have a genuine problem with is you.