Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

That Gary Neville interview with Delia

Recommended Posts

Should have set alarm bells ringing amongst every Norwich fan as she as good as admitted three very worrying things. 

1. She is too soft and sentimental to sack managers when necessary as has been proven to our cost on more than one occasion. 

2. She doesn't have the desire to compete financially as go against her idealistic socialist views. 

3.She has no intention or interest in selling. And will cling on to the club as long as humanly possible. 

Very worrying indeed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'idealistic socialist values' is my favourite bit of this nonsense.

Keep up the good work Keith. 🤣

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they have gone a great job in stabilising the club & getting rid of the debt. Now is the time, as the true supporters they are, to hand over to someone who can provide financial support to help us & our great coaches, achieve true potential of the club and give the City a Football team to be really proud of.....

Shoot for the stars...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

as she as good as admitted

So she didnt ACTUALLY say that then Keith? thought so , more guff then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Shoot for the stars...

Didnt you hear Webber and Farke? the stars come later, first we must climb Everest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think they have gone a great job in stabilising the club & getting rid of the debt. Now is the time, as the true supporters they are, to hand over to someone who can provide financial support to help us & our great coaches, achieve true potential of the club and give the City a Football team to be really proud of.....

Shoot for the stars...

Great post. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I think they have gone a great job in stabilising the club & getting rid of the debt. Now is the time, as the true supporters they are, to hand over to someone who can provide financial support to help us & our great coaches, achieve true potential of the club and give the City a Football team to be really proud of.....

Shoot for the stars...

Go on  the Kennyo, who is this someone  to provide financial  support? We seek him here we seek him there, but no one knows his name or even if he exists . I think we'd  all like to be better off, especially  if its risk free , unattached to Club assets.  Hang on, a pig has just flown past my window. In the absence of a sugar daddy,  we'll have to make do with what we have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Go on  the Kennyo, who is this someone  to provide financial  support? We seek him here we seek him there, but no one knows his name or even if he exists . I think we'd  all like to be better off, especially  if its risk free , unattached to Club assets.  Hang on, a pig has just flown past my window. In the absence of a sugar daddy,  we'll have to make do with what we have. 

I think we would be attractive to many investors (how did Bournemouth, Leicester, Wolves all unfashionable sides find an investor?). It would be a fitting tribute to their great contribution to hand over to someone with a bit more backing and allow our successful structure to compete at the highest level. I think sometimes their passion sends out mixed messages about investment, limiting offers we receive (Times interview). Now is the time to strike given our great base.... Surely all City supporters would want to be a little more competitive in the top flight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

Very worrying indeed. 

I’m more worried about the fact that Keith Scott has managed to get 8 likes for his posts. Who are these people, do their carers know that they are using the internet without supervision? 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Havefaith said:

What a load of old pony. 

And what's sacking the manager got to do with her? You forget about that guy called webber? 

 

The fact that the only person to agree is the t*t who has to use italics to feel important says its all. 

Be fair..... he could used have CAPS or nice bold letters 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely all City supporters would want to be a little more competitive in the top flight?

But how much more? Do you mean so that we aren't relegated every year? That is fair enough but losing twice as many as you win every season doesn't sound too exciting to me. Yes you are seeing some of the "stars" of the game. Yes you get a substantial amount of money for belonging.
But how much does it cost to run a football club in the EPL? Why aren't Burnley, Brighton, Bournemouth buying £50M players? And don't you only get 19 home games not 23.
Would the cry begin for even greater investment if we finished 14th for five seasons in a row?
I have to ask these questions as I do not crave what others do.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Surely all City supporters would want to be a little more competitive in the top flight?

But how much more? Do you mean so that we aren't relegated every year? That is fair enough but losing twice as many as you win every season doesn't sound too exciting to me. Yes you are seeing some of the "stars" of the game. Yes you get a substantial amount of money for belonging.
But how much does it cost to run a football club in the EPL? Why aren't Burnley, Brighton, Bournemouth buying £50M players? And don't you only get 19 home games not 23.
Would the cry begin for even greater investment if we finished 14th for five seasons in a row?
I have to ask these questions as I do not crave what others do.


Why do we want to be in the EPL, other than the prestige, the spectacle, competing with the best clubs in the country?

This quote from the football economist blog sums it up:

The Canaries have been profitable in five of the last eight years: they made money in all four seasons in the Premier League, but reported losses in three of the four Championship seasons.”

if we aspire for our club to be successful, to win silverware, to draw big crowds in a big stadium etc, then we need to be in the Premier League. It’s where all the money is and in this sport money brings success. It boggles the mind how people are trying to disassociate the spending of money with success given our current predicament, spent the least money and bottom of the table.

No, spending  money is not a guarantee of success, but in football spending no money does guarantee failure. We are failing to adapt to the modern game in the same way that Thomas Cook and Mothercare failed to adapt to the internet. Hopefully it won’t end the same way but I do wish some of our fab base took the yellow and green blinkers off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think another issue here is that clubs tend to be bought out when they're underachieving; we're pretty much at our most unattractive as a purchasing proposition right now. We're debt-free, in the top flight with a lot of assets in the form of talented young footballers.

I think anyone looking to invest in a football club - which is akin to pouring money into a furnace - would be looking for a more malleable proposition that can be built up; for example, good staff but poor facilities, disillusioned fan base and a half-empty stadium, underachievement on the pitch that can be translated into an upward trajectory. To guarantee us jumping to the level of an Everton, Leicester or West Ham (ie. not in the top six but not really in danger of going down) would take an astronomical amount of investment.

I'm pretty agnostic on the idea of a takeover myself; it's obviously contingent on who the buyer would be. I'm just being realistic about where a potential investor might want to invest.

Edited by Feedthewolf
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think another issue here is that clubs tend to be bought out when they're underachieving; we're pretty much at our most unattractive as a purchasing proposition right now. We're debt-free, in the top flight with a lot of assets in the form of talented young footballers.

I think anyone looking to invest in a football club - which is akin to pouring money into a furnace - would be looking for a more malleable proposition that can be built up; for example, good staff but poor facilities, disillusioned fan base and a half-empty stadium, underachievement on the pitch that can be translated into an upward trajectory. To guarantee us jumping to the level of an Everton, Leicester or West Ham (ie. not in the top six but not really in danger of going down) would take an astronomical amount of investment.

I'm pretty agnostic on the idea of a takeover myself; it's obviously contingent on who the buyer would be. I'm just being realistic about where a potential investor might want to invest.

Surely that’s just because when they are struggling buyers are able to pick them up on the cheap, often simply by taking on or clearing the debt.

This is really where the statements Delia and MWJ have made about not expecting to make any money from owning the club become relevant because I agree that if they were to insist on the market value for their stake in the club then yes that might deter some. If, however, they were to sell at a price that maybe just saw them recoup what they have put in and forego any profit in return for a buyer putting funds into the team/club instead then we would be an absolute bargain. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

What silverware are we going to win in the premier league?

Playing in the EPL = more competitive team = more chance of winning a trophy. 
I’m not greedy, I’m 32 years old and I’d just like to see my club in a cup final one day. Doesn’t have to be the Champions League, even the League Cup would be nice!

And we don’t seem to challenge for anything outside the EPL so inside can only be an improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Playing in the EPL = more competitive team = more chance of winning a trophy. 
I’m not greedy, I’m 32 years old and I’d just like to see my club in a cup final one day. Doesn’t have to be the Champions League, even the League Cup would be nice!

And we don’t seem to challenge for anything outside the EPL so inside can only be an improvement.

Just 12 games ago we lifted the championship trophy. Already you seem to want to be someone else. I find it incredible that you lose faith already. I guess that's what Webber calls "the noise". Four years before that we lifted a trophy at Wembley. Which of the clubs you want to be like have won a trophy bigger than those two?

I get you want more. I'd love us to win everything. But I also appreciate and can see that we do better than most comparable clubs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Just 12 games ago we lifted the championship trophy. Already you seem to want to be someone else. I find it incredible that you lose faith already. I guess that's what Webber calls "the noise". Four years before that we lifted a trophy at Wembley. Which of the clubs you want to be like have won a trophy bigger than those two?

I get you want more. I'd love us to win everything. But I also appreciate and can see that we do better than most comparable clubs.

I guess that’s the thing Nutty, you and lots of other fans seem happy with the status quo (bouncing between the top 2 tiers with a few Championship titles) where some of us fans see the potential in the club to be so much more, given a bit of investment.

It probably days more to the different personality types we have as fans than much else.

My worry with the Status quo is that all it takes is a couple of mediocre seasons and we’re mid table (or worse) in the champs and the entire club is in trouble again. I’d rather see us invest in getting to the top tier and making sure we stay there for a prolonged period which would really give us the chance to push on. That should be the ambition of the club, in the same way as it has been for Sheffield U, Bournemouth etc. There’s no reason why, with a bit of investment, that couldn’t be us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I guess that’s the thing Nutty, you and lots of other fans seem happy with the status quo (bouncing between the top 2 tiers with a few Championship titles) where some of us fans see the potential in the club to be so much more, given a bit of investment.

It probably days more to the different personality types we have as fans than much else.

My worry with the Status quo is that all it takes is a couple of mediocre seasons and we’re mid table (or worse) in the champs and the entire club is in trouble again. I’d rather see us invest in getting to the top tier and making sure we stay there for a prolonged period which would really give us the chance to push on. That should be the ambition of the club, in the same way as it has been for Sheffield U, Bournemouth etc. There’s no reason why, with a bit of investment, that couldn’t be us.

Totally agree. The club would be very attractive to people if Delia and co just got their initial investment back. It would be a fitting tribute to her being a great fan of the club.. after all she won't make any cash handing it to her nephew Tom..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Totally agree. The club would be very attractive to people if Delia and co just got their initial investment back. It would be a fitting tribute to her being a great fan of the club.. after all she won't make any cash handing it to her nephew Tom..

Great ambassador but not so great owner . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I guess that’s the thing Nutty, you and lots of other fans seem happy with the status quo (bouncing between the top 2 tiers with a few Championship titles) where some of us fans see the potential in the club to be so much more, given a bit of investment.

It probably days more to the different personality types we have as fans than much else.

My worry with the Status quo is that all it takes is a couple of mediocre seasons and we’re mid table (or worse) in the champs and the entire club is in trouble again. I’d rather see us invest in getting to the top tier and making sure we stay there for a prolonged period which would really give us the chance to push on. That should be the ambition of the club, in the same way as it has been for Sheffield U, Bournemouth etc. There’s no reason why, with a bit of investment, that couldn’t be us.

I'm surprised you use Sheffield United as an example. We've had more Premier League seasons than them in recent times.

I don't think it's anything to do with different personality types, or fans ambition etc. It just depends what side of the fence you sit on and nothing more.

If you think that "oh with a bit of investment we'll be a Prem regular" then of course, that's your prerogative. But there's more evidence that this isn't the case - the odds are against us. On the basis that there are 20 or more richer owners of clubs below us in the football pyramid already - the concern is that with different owners we might fall further than with our current owners who, for all their lack of wealth, seem to have out performed so many other owners with wealth.

When changing owners we have to weigh up risk / reward. The problem here for most fans is that our existing owners, again despite having no money in football terms, have still delivered up and above that of many richer owners. When you also consider that our current owners are fans and very much custodians of the club too, we know we're in relatively safe hands. They're close with the fans, with the community - as a club we do so much community driven things. Of course, that's not to say a new owner might not do the same, heck, they could do even more - but what are the chances? How many examples are there of rich owners doing exactly that? Maybe three, four, five at a push? Feels much more like a pipe dream to me, especially when you consider we've clearly had no genuine, hard interest in our club from anyone in recent years.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I guess that’s the thing Nutty, you and lots of other fans seem happy with the status quo (bouncing between the top 2 tiers with a few Championship titles) where some of us fans see the potential in the club to be so much more, given a bit of investment.

It probably days more to the different personality types we have as fans than much else.

My worry with the Status quo is that all it takes is a couple of mediocre seasons and we’re mid table (or worse) in the champs and the entire club is in trouble again. I’d rather see us invest in getting to the top tier and making sure we stay there for a prolonged period which would really give us the chance to push on. That should be the ambition of the club, in the same way as it has been for Sheffield U, Bournemouth etc. There’s no reason why, with a bit of investment, that couldn’t be us.

Sheffield Utd? What on earth have they done to even come close to comparison to our success. Bournemouth? They've now had 4 consecutive PL seasons. What have they challenged for? What silverware have they looked like winning? This is just one small snapshot in time. For every Bournemouth type there are 5 QPRs and in a few years time one of the QPRs will have replaced Bournemouth. Thats how it has to be with over 40 clubs who believe their rightful place is the Premier League.

We are outperforming the majority of comparable clubs. And that's the gamble. Because if you risk that there's only a 1 in 5 chance you will get better owners and be more successful. The odds would be better if we could add more money to what we have but the only way we can do that is make the current owners richer.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Sheffield Utd? What on earth have they done to even come close to comparison to our success. Bournemouth? They've now had 4 consecutive PL seasons. What have they challenged for? What silverware have they looked like winning? This is just one small snapshot in time. For every Bournemouth type there are 5 QPRs and in a few years time one of the QPRs will have replaced Bournemouth. Thats how it has to be with over 40 clubs who believe their rightful place is the Premier League.

We are outperforming the majority of comparable clubs. And that's the gamble. Because if you risk that there's only a 1 in 5 chance you will get better owners and be more successful. The odds would be better if we could add more money to what we have but the only way we can do that is make the current owners richer.

 

Sheffield are staying up and will get another £100M + next season to add better players to their squad . Not looking so good for Norwich though so it will be a selling summer and starting from scratch again . 
Everyone to their own I guess and if your happy with Delia running the show that’s your prerogative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

No, spending  money is not a guarantee of success, but in football spending no money does guarantee failure. We are failing to adapt to the modern game in the same way that Thomas Cook and Mothercare failed to adapt to the internet. Hopefully it won’t end the same way but I do wish some of our fab base took the yellow and green blinkers off.

Sorry Wundaboy, not picking on you specifically but this is typical of so many debates today, Brexit being the prime example right now. You’ve turned a question of degree into something binary, by which I mean it’s not a case of spending money or not, the debate is how much money we spend. We have not spent NO money, we bought Byram, loaned Amadou, Drmic and Fahrmann, all in the positions people said we needed to reinforce. Please don’t make the discussion more difficult by misrepresenting what is actually happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Sheffield are staying up and will get another £100M + next season to add better players to their squad . Not looking so good for Norwich though so it will be a selling summer and starting from scratch again . 
Everyone to their own I guess and if your happy with Delia running the show that’s your prerogative. 

You aren't addressing any of the points I made. If Sheffield stay up this season will they stay up next? Will they beat the three seasons we recently spent up there? When they are relegated will they return? If they do how are the Derby's, Forests etc ever going to get their turn?

You only have to look at the last ten years to see how successful we are. The fact that you refuse to strongly suggests to me that your dislike of Delia's ownership has nothing to do with what the club achieves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You aren't addressing any of the points I made. If Sheffield stay up this season will they stay up next? Will they beat the three seasons we recently spent up there? When they are relegated will they return? If they do how are the Derby's, Forests etc ever going to get their turn?

You only have to look at the last ten years to see how successful we are. The fact that you refuse to strongly suggests to me that your dislike of Delia's ownership has nothing to do with what the club achieves.

I do appreciate what your saying but could you answer why we look like having 3 instant relegations from 4 promotions ? Bad luck or just not good enough for this league ? 

Being in the Premiership should help the finances not hinder them . That said it really helps to stay in it for more than 1 season. No one was expecting a mass spend during the summer but most thought Norwich would give themselves a helping hand and sign a couple of quality players.
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×