Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

"Was an easy decision" Ashton

Dean Ashton has said that it was an easy decision to join west ham...they are showing ambition" Nuff said.

Did anyone else see and hear Ashton at the West Ham press conference?

Didn''t have much good to say about Norwich.

Judas.

just seen ashtons press conference and it was clear to me he didnt give a *** about norwich! he was only after the money, to think he has a chance of silverware with west ham is stupid. will he do the same to them if they get relegated? YOU BET HE WILL! i have been a critic of hux over this season but one thing i will say about him is that at no time has he not declared his loyalty to city, i just hope he stays although i wouldnt blame him if him and green went too, and safri also, as we have very little quality in this team and it is true that we are a mediocre championship side at best.

if i was ashton what would i think....

i score 20 goals in half a season playing for a poor side whom are in the playoffsbut play nice football and build the team around my talents.

I sign for norwich show them what i can do, almost help keep them up. the team i left in the playoffs almost get relegated winning only 1 game in the meantime.

I then am treated as a target man in a long ball game, i watch poor player after poor player turn up at the club. see the club is going only one way, they dont play the football i like they have no right midfield

then west ham come along, they play good football, are doing well, and are willing to pay 7.25 million

WHAT THE #### WOULD YOU DO!!!  me id stay at norwich cos im NCFC thru. Deano isnt.

Of course it was - a team going nowhere fast in the champs or one with a second prem season just about secured; no ambitious player would have turned it down and he clearly looking toget the fans on his side just as he did when he signed here...

with our club pinning the blame on him for his departure it hardly sounds like the last few months have been a unified squad does it? 

[quote user="baldyboy"]just seen ashtons press conference and it was clear to me he didnt give a *** about norwich! he was only after the money, to think he has a chance of silverware with west ham is stupid. will he do the same to them if they get relegated? YOU BET HE WILL! i have been a critic of hux over this season but one thing i will say about him is that at no time has he not declared his loyalty to city, i just hope he stays although i wouldnt blame him if him and green went too, and safri also, as we have very little quality in this team and it is true that we are a mediocre championship side at best.[/quote]

Yup Baldy boy ,  not nice to feel  had is it ?     the only  bright side to this  , is that the club made a profit ,    and  Deano still has a lot to learn about finishing !   .......   he might just find that the  Hammer fans   wont be as forgiving   as us if it goes tits up for him !! 

Ashton almost saved us from relegation, plus he left this club a couple of million pounds richer than when he arrived. There''s no way he owes Norwich City anything.

Oh, don''t be so stupid.....................Dean Ashton is a young English striker who may just force his way into the England World Cup squad if he has a storming rest of the season. Staying with us offered him nothing, we are playing poorly and look to have very little chance of changing that before the end of the season. We have got a fair price for him so  I thank him for what he has done for us and wish him well for the rest of his career..........he has done NOTHING wrong.

Mark .Y.

Supposedly Ashton went to the board after the Watford game and said he definitely wanted to go. As he watched the game he must of realised what he already knew. He was surrounded by a poor team that have just blown any chance of going up. Who can blame him wanting to go!

The board would also have seen we have no chance with the current set up and rather than pay a fortune in his wages and risk a lower fee in the summer decided to cash in aswell.

I think the Watford game was the crossroads for NCFC. A win and good performance and maybe it would of been easier to keep him. Instead we have lost our best player and  any chance of promotion. We will slip into mid-table mediocrity.