Hardhouse44

Zimmermann Zimmermann Zimmermann

Actually think he is exactly what we need at the moment... Captain material, a calmness and all those last ditch tackles.. will be a welcome addition back into the side.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ron obvious said:

I seem to remember it being Farke, but I may be wrong about that. It was certainly said by someone I'd regard as reliable.

Have a look at the link that Hoggy posted above, Ron! It's in there.

18 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Have a look at the link that Hoggy posted above, Ron! It's in there.

Yes, I was catching up after a few days away & was guilty of premature forum ejaculation :classic_wacko:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Thats it then we’re saved. 

Why bother asking where Wenger said it if you're then going to completely ignore it? Begs the question why you asked.

On 11/11/2019 at 11:52, Making Plans said:

No he hasn't but he's the best we've got.

So are you suggesting that even if he is 100% fit that we shouldn't pick him?

I understand from a pretty reliable source that he will make his return on Saturday against Everton and will almost certainly start.

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

I understand from a pretty reliable source that he will make his return on Saturday against Everton and will almost certainly start.

I really, really hope so! 👍

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

That seems to have quickly improved. Before the break they seemed to be making noises of Hanley being available after the international break (Everton) and Zimbo shortly after that (likely Arsenal). The fact they separated the 2 made it sound like they were rather unlikely to return at the same time.

I'm not doubting it WBB, but if its accurate it's surprising, impressive and a hell of a boost 👍

7 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

That seems to have quickly improved. Before the break they seemed to be making noises of Hanley being available after the international break (Everton) and Zimbo shortly after that (likely Arsenal). The fact they separated the 2 made it sound like they were rather unlikely to return at the same time.

I'm not doubting it WBB, but if its accurate it's surprising, impressive and a hell of a boost 👍

Hope he’s fully fit 

7 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

My question was will Zimmerman be fit soon, the answer was he plays on Saturday. Was then told the boost this gives is we can recommence our attacking game with the confidence of a back 4. Should have asked the rest of the team lol but was quite taken aback to be told this info.

Obviously with these sort of long term injuries things can go wrong and I assume any aches or pains and he will be on the bench. 

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

My question was will Zimmerman be fit soon, the answer was he plays on Saturday. Was then told the boost this gives is we can recommence our attacking game with the confidence of a back 4. Should have asked the rest of the team lol but was quite taken aback to be told this info.

Obviously with these sort of long term injuries things can go wrong and I assume any aches or pains and he will be on the bench. 

He was in training yesterday too. Only the first session by the sounds of it.

So, they may have eased him back into training over the past few weeks to get him to a level where he can play a competitive game. The man is an ox! He's a physical beastie! Get him back as soon as possible. Will be delighted if he does play tomorrow... let's hope he is fully fit.

Cant see Zimmermann being anywhere near match fitness for at least until mid-december. Keen to see him back so we can push Amadou forward and add some kind of resilience to this team.

On a different note, I see Vydra is looking to move from Burnley. Would be a good bench / second option to Pukki and I think he'd be a good acquisition for a relatively low cost whether we be in the Prem or Champ next season. 

4 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Cant see Zimmermann being anywhere near match fitness for at least until mid-december. Keen to see him back so we can push Amadou forward and add some kind of resilience to this team.

On a different note, I see Vydra is looking to move from Burnley. Would be a good bench / second option to Pukki and I think he'd be a good acquisition for a relatively low cost whether we be in the Prem or Champ next season. 

Farke said, in the presser, that Zimbo is fit and could play tomorrow.

Fantatsic news!

4 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Thanks for doubting me

DF: 'But Zimmermann available this weekend.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Thanks for doubting me

DF: 'But Zimmermann available this weekend.

We'll see. Encouraging sounds. But Farke has a tendency not to start usual first team players unless 100% match fit, so if he does start, current injuries will expedite him being back in the first team.

I know Zimmerman is a key player but he has only just come back from injury and just like they said in the injury news, I think it is optimistic to think that he will start, although they said he is able to. Personally as he’s only just recovered from a serious injury I feel he should start on the bench as I fear that there is a very high chance of him picking up another serious injury if he gets put in the lineup. Definitely think he should start next weekend though.

Edited by HazzaJet

Would not be surprised to see captain fantastic Christoph Zimmermann lead us to a superb result tomorrow. Over to you CZ

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

I know Zimmerman is a key player but he has only just come back from injury and just like they said in the injury news, I think it is optimistic to think that he will start, although they said he is able to. Personally as he’s only just recovered from a serious injury I feel he should start on the bench as I fear that there is a very high chance of him picking up another serious injury if he gets put in the lineup. Definitely think he should start next weekend though.

There is a chance of all 11 starters succumbing to injury. Why would it be different him starting this week as he is now fully fit to starting next week when I guess he will also be fully fit. People are suggesting he has only had 1 training session, that’s rubbish. Farke also said several weeks ago he was likely to be fit for The Everton game.

Zimmermann is a born leader and that’s something we really need at the moment, plus he partnered Godfrey for much of last season. Amadeus in midfield will be a massive boost too. 

Zimmerman starts!  I think i need a lie down.  not one but TWO WHOLE CENTRAL DEFENDERS!

10 minutes ago, Orly said:

Zimmerman starts!  I think i need a lie down.  not one but TWO WHOLE CENTRAL DEFENDERS!

Let’s hope we finish with two as well! 🤞

• Like 2

Fantastic to see him back.

Have to say, I'm a little worried it may be too soon. Ideally you would like him to have a few u23 games to get his sharpness/fitness back. 

47 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Fantastic to see him back.

Have to say, I'm a little worried it may be too soon. Ideally you would like him to have a few u23 games to get his sharpness/fitness back. 

He’s been fit for a while. 

Funny how you put players into their proper positions we look a lot more solid. Yes great to see Zimbo back and he’s been excellent alongside Godfrey, but credit to McClean, Tettey and Trybull.

• Like 1