Sign in to follow this  
eeyore

Troy Deaney

During yesterday's game I couldn't help but watch him chirping away with the City's fans while warming up. 

He seemed to enjoy himself with a continued grin on his face.

Was anyone in earshot as to what he was saying ?

Whatever it was he certainly had plenty to say.

Som lads near me shouted "Deeney you are ugly" or something very similar, he did not let it bother him. Then somebody in the Barclay had a go, could not hear what they shouted, but again did not let it bother him and whilst warming up he did a stretch which basically pointed his backside towards the people in the Barclay that were shouting at him (Made me smile as i would have done the same as him). Then he had a long chat with a couple of youngsters in the front row of the Geoffrey Watling down in front of where I sit, again could not hear what was said but he was having a good chat/laugh, personally I thought he handled the banter very well and great that he bothered to have a chat with our fans.. I did wonder at how moronic you had to be to try to wind up a class Premiership forward on his return to the squad, but as it turned out Watford did not need him.........

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Som lads near me shouted "Deeney you are ugly" or something very similar, he did not let it bother him. Then somebody in the Barclay had a go, could not hear what they shouted, but again did not let it bother him and whilst warming up he did a stretch which basically pointed his backside towards the people in the Barclay that were shouting at him (Made me smile as i would have done the same as him). Then he had a long chat with a couple of youngsters in the front row of the Geoffrey Watling down in front of where I sit, again could not hear what was said but he was having a good chat/laugh, personally I thought he handled the banter very well and great that he bothered to have a chat with our fans.. I did wonder at how moronic you had to be to try to wind up a class Premiership forward on his return to the squad, but as it turned out Watford did not need him.........

He was good entertainment, pointing his @rse towards the guys having a pop at him was classic.

One of the Watford management team came over to have a word with him, asked him to be a bit careful I suspect.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Som lads near me shouted "Deeney you are ugly" or something very similar, he did not let it bother him.

I'm not sure I'd care what I look like if I was on 60k + a week. 

I doubt he has a shortage of options in that department. 

Handled like a pro though.