Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Jerome and Halford or Ashton?

Would you rather have Jerome and Halford in the NCFC team, with an extra 2 million to be spent on more transfers?

Or Dean Ashton?

Its a hard one for me, i always loved seeing Ashton in a yellow shirt and having such a star player at the club. but tbh the team would be better all round the pitch with Jerome and Halford. What do you think?

I loved Ashton''s ''keep the dream alive'' goals at the end of last season, particularly IMO the goal of the season, his last ditch header vs Newcastle.

Other than that I found him dour and wondered why he looked so introverted and moody, still can''t work him out. I don''t think he was a player supporters would ever have really taken to as he didn''t have the personality.

Perhaps the other two boys are ebullient and outgoing, if they are it would be a big plus in addition to their talent.

jerome Halford and a new manager please

Jerome is onto a loser before he even comes - he is over 6 foot tall but is not great in the air - he is doomed. he needs through balls that our midfield cannot produce and will be a new target man - bit like neilsen tall so lets hoof it at him even if he is crap in the air.

I just want 2 of any of these:

Jerome.......Halford........McSheffrey........Davenport..........Riordan.........Trundle and Eastwood (maybe?!?)

Ashton is the only one of the three with areal chance of being a england international so was always here shor term, Halford and Jerome would bring a far better balance to the squad and inject some pace and being playing at their level so longer terms it better to have the pain of Ashto departure now - IF we can sign these two...  A slightly big if though as it could easily be ashton or Lisbie and Gray...

Greg Halford is IMO as big as a talent as Ashton and younger. His best posistion is probably up front as a target man as he os great in the air and good pn the floor, he also has a wicked shot on him. I would rather see Mcsheffry or Eastwood here for 1.5million than Jerome for 3.5million but would be happy with any of the tree. A double bid for Halford and Danns should IMO be done as both are players who would improve the team dramatically.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

Jerome is onto a loser before he even comes - he is over 6 foot tall but is not great in the air - he is doomed. he needs through balls that our midfield cannot produce and will be a new target man - bit like neilsen tall so lets hoof it at him even if he is crap in the air.

[/quote]

Not having a go Paul at all, because i agree with alot of things you say, but i knew this was your post before looking to where the posters name is.

We need to start playing proper football if we sign jerome, so koumas, halford, idiakez should be the players were looking at. Phil Parkinson for manager.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[/quote]

Not great in the air??? did you see his goal for cardiff against leicester on saturday??

to be honest, i think i would take Jerome and Halford..... i have to confess i don''t think Deano ever showed a lot of passion or commitment to the cause but maybe that is just the way he is. I also think he always looked a little overweight and rarely seemed 100% fit so 7.25 million seems like a good deal.

Having said all that i dont think we played to his strengths amd his comment about hoping West Ham '' get the best out of me'' seemed a little telling. Anyway good luck Deano and thanks for the brief but good memories.

I agree, whoareyou? Deano was semi-detached - always professional, but never really committed. The best of luck to him, but we move on. I don''t know enough about Jerome and Halford to judge, but more pace and skill would certainly be a plus.

[quote user="Old Boy"]

I agree, whoareyou? Deano was semi-detached - always professional, but never really committed. The best of luck to him, but we move on. I don''t know enough about Jerome and Halford to judge, but more pace and skill would certainly be a plus.

[/quote]

For me Ashton ''never came to the canary table'', so whilst I''m dissapointed that he''s gone, I''m not sad. He was not a City legend like Iwan was, and never would have been!.

But I will always back players (like Hughes) who give their all for the club.

Like you Old Boy I don''t know too much about Jerome, McShaffry and Halford to pass judgement now.

But I will give them a chance if we get them!.

[quote user="Hook Norton Canary"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[/quote]

Not great in the air??? did you see his goal for cardiff against leicester on saturday??

[/quote]

OK yes he can score headed goals ala Svenny and Deano.;

But he is not great in the air in a Iwan sense, i am really sorry to have to put this again but every tall striker we get, worthy tries to use in a Iwan Roberts kinda way, even Svenny, Libbra and Neilson!!  What more can i say, i realise im having a go at worthy here but this is what has always happened during his tenure.