Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

I have a dream....................

.......of City playing in the Premiership next season but I really don''t think it is going to happen unless we can at least sign a decent striker (some of you will know that I have been pontificating about this for weeks!) So, who will come to Carrow Road after all the failures on that particular front? I would love to think that one day our own Chris Sutton will return but this is unlikely to happen while Celtic are playing in Europe and while we remain in Division 1. There is however one other ''old boy'' who might just fit the bill. Someone still of Premiership quality who is big, strong and probably capable of scoring more goals than any other striker we currently have on the books. In short, I think his acquisition for the rest of the season could ultimately be the difference between us going up and staying down. His name?

Dion Dublin!

Not a bad suggestion - I thought you were going to name Ted McDougall or David Cross!

Would he come for a reasonable pay packet? Would his wages upset other players?

The striker issue is a hard one to resolve for sure.

I''d do it for £50 a match plus a goal bonus - maybe I should write in to Worthy! I once scored a cracker from the half way line for Sutton VC Primary against Hickling (under 11''s) - we won 14-0. What more credentials do you need than that!

.........or maybe not?!?!

''Norwich boss Nigel Worthington have made a shock £1m bid for Gillingham striker Marlon King (Daily Mirror)''

£1,000,000 for Marlon who?? Thank goodness the Gills are saying he is not for sale! Interesting indeed to note (quite co-incidentally of course) that NW is today denying any interest in Dion Dublin. What''s the betting he will be a City player by next Wednesday?!

..............but, with all due respect, is Dublin the prolific goal scorer that we need? I think he reached the 10 mark last season (I know it would possibly be more outside of the premiership), he also lets his temper get the better of him.. hmmm. I guess, as always, it''s a case of wait & see - & keep the faith!

[quote user="San Miguel"]hmmm....... swings and roundabouts![/quote]

Nice find San Miguel!!  Just goes to show that we''ve had the same problems for years now!

Highlands post about "Marlon who?"  Very funny to look back at that now isn''t giving the fact that he has bagged a load this season and is now playing in the Prem, £1million would have been a snip.  Brings home that maybe we should be looking for a cheap up and coming striker from the lower divisions instead of Premership rejects.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

Are you an archaeologist by any chance, San Miguel? You certainly like digging up ancient history, anyway.

[/quote]

what based on the one time I''ve brought up an old post? i pressed last at the bottom of the page and without realising, read a couple of posts and found this one. just found it interesting is all, esp re the comments on Dublin

people are SO snipey these days, no need for it

[quote user="Highlander"].......of City playing in the Premiership next season but I really don''t think it is going to happen unless we can at least sign a decent striker (some of you will know that I have been pontificating about this for weeks!) So, who will come to Carrow Road after all the failures on that particular front? I would love to think that one day our own Chris Sutton will return but this is unlikely to happen while Celtic are playing in Europe and while we remain in Division 1. There is however one other ''old boy'' who might just fit the bill. Someone still of Premiership quality who is big, strong and probably capable of scoring more goals than any other striker we currently have on the books. In short, I think his acquisition for the rest of the season could ultimately be the difference between us going up and staying down. His name?

Dion Dublin![/quote]

I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I''ll cross the stream - I have a dream.

I thought that I would add the rest of the lyrics, you teased us with the part of the song in your subject box.

[quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]

[quote user="San Miguel"]hmmm....... swings and roundabouts![/quote]

Brings home that maybe we should be looking for a cheap up and coming striker from the lower divisions instead of Premership rejects.

[/quote]

*slaps face*  and the prize for mr stating the obvious goes to .....

Lets hope Glenn feels the same way, it is obvious after all...... [:)]