Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

404 not found

Anyone else getting this in increasing amounts? Anyone know why it's happening?

404 Not Found

nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If you hit the refresh button it gets rid of it.

Yeah I know, but it's getting really tiresome... sometimes having to refresh three or four times before the page loads.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah I know, but it's getting really tiresome... sometimes having to refresh three or four times before the page loads.

I got it even I clicked on this thread. It is very irritating. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Its a pain in the @rse. 

Yes I have picked up this "virus" on a Pink Un thread. Got rid of it on Google web page.. Click 3 dots on top right hand corner - More Tools - Clear Browsing Data. (Its probably called the Mings/Grealish virus)

The latest issue is due to a couple of the web servers failing and they are having to use a static page server to serve the dynamic content. I heard they loaned a new server during the Summer but refuse to install it. The one new server they did buy apparently isn't as good as the one they already have.

11 hours ago, vos said:

Yes I have picked up this "virus" on a Pink Un thread. Got rid of it on Google web page.. Click 3 dots on top right hand corner - More Tools - Clear Browsing Data. (Its probably called the Mings/Grealish virus)

I seem to have got a virus which is messing up the computer. Can't find those three dots. Is 'clear browsing history' the same as 'clear browsing data''? idiot question from techo-idiot.

Purple. You need to find the "Tools" symbol on your browser which is usually in the top right hand corner. In my case Google Chrome, its the three dots at top right hand corner. You might to then click on "More Tools" when you should eventually see "clear browsing data". I think the difference is that clearing the data might lose "cookies" and some bits and pieces on the system which does no harm but I have noticed there are some instances when I have had to "re log in" again. I am an old hand but far from being a computer expert so somebody may be able to provide more precise advice on the subject. My PC is now running very smoothly.

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I seem to have got a virus which is messing up the computer. Can't find those three dots. Is 'clear browsing history' the same as 'clear browsing data''? idiot question from techo-idiot.

If you actually have a virus as opposed to just a problem with a webpage(s), then clearing browsing data won't make a difference Purple. I'd recommend grabbing a free malware removal tool as your first point of call, so utilise MalwareBytes free version here https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Install it, it'll have to do a few updates to get the latest info, then let it run. It'll scan your pc and hopefully remove / quarantine anything dangerous.

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If you actually have a virus as opposed to just a problem with a webpage(s), then clearing browsing data won't make a difference Purple. I'd recommend grabbing a free malware removal tool as your first point of call, so utilise MalwareBytes free version here https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Install it, it'll have to do a few updates to get the latest info, then let it run. It'll scan your pc and hopefully remove / quarantine anything dangerous.

Thanks to you and vos but my computer has gone kaput and is en route to the computer repair shop. I do already have anti-virus stuff installed but that doesn’t seem to have worked.

Malware is good but it could not remove this virus which was purely linked to the pinkun forum.

1 minute ago, vos said:

Malware is good but it could not remove this virus which was purely linked to the pinkun forum.

When you say Virus, what are you referring to? Are you referring to the 404 error pages that were displaying? If so, that was a server-side problem and nothing to do with a problem on your PC / Laptop.

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Clear browsing history works for me

As Mr Peanuts has said, the error is the Archant side of things. Anything you do at your end doesn't make any difference, although things like clearing history could well make your browser run a little cleaner. You just were unlucky to try and communicate with the server when it was busy, and by the time you'd cleared your history, it was available again.

Edited by Nuff Said

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Clear browsing history works for me

What have you been looking at, then?

Need to move it all to the cloud, cheaper running costs and can scale when traffic goes up. Or we can start winning games, that tends to reduce the traffic to the forum (which is more likely?!).