Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Team for Everton

On 10/11/2019 at 14:43, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Interesting that nobody (rightly) has McLean in their team .......if Farke does it again, even after having a few more options available ,then he has to be called into question.

My team...

...................Krul............

Byram..Zimmerman..Godfrey..Lewis

..............Amadou..Trybull.......

....Buendia....Vrancic.....Hernandez

..................Pukki...............

Fahrmann..Aarons..Hanley..Tettey..Leitner..Cantwell..Steipermann

I like this line up. Nice and solid with two proper holding midfielders combining passing and physicality. 

Vrancic to sit in the hole and thread balls into the channels using the pace of Hernandez and Intelligence of Pukki, or short accurate balls into Buendia to do what he does best. Byram will offer a better level of  defensive assurance behind Buendia. 

I'd look to rotate Trybull and Leitner depending on opposition, and give Roberts some game time from the bench for Hernandez. 

We need to our big game players. Looking at last season, and there's little doubt the front four are absolutely that. No longer can it be justified that the likes of Mclean and Cantwell keep players like Vrancic out of the side. 

Edited by Il Pirata

19 hours ago, Carn said:

Am I crazy or could we not try Byram at RB with Aarons playing further up the pitch?

I don't think we should be trying things like this just yet. We need to get our best team out, essentially the one from the second half of last season with a tweak or two and take it from there. 

Hi everyone, I posted on your site after you’re first few games how impressed I was with your team. Cantwell especially. Gutted to see you have lost your way a bit. I think you just need a spark to get your season going till Christmas and then you need to invest. Especially a goal scorer. Wouldn’t be surprised a 0-0 tommorow 

• Like 1

Think given the injury updates we'll see Byram RB and Aarons LB. If rumours are true, Zimmermann to partner Godfrey at CB.

This would allow Amadou to move forward into his favoured position and, if Farke is watching the same games as us, it will be one of Leitner, Trybull or Tettey alongside him. I believe Vrancic will settle back into the bench role, or 'not being fit to start', and if there's any sanity left Mclean will drop away. He hasn't been particularly bad and is actually a very effective breaking midfielder, but his enthusiasm to push forward and join the attack has been one of the main reasons our midfield hasn't been able to cope recently.

Buendia should look better with more solidity behind him, and I think he'll be given one more chance not to play the stroppy git. Stiepermann hasn't done much but what he has done hasn't been that bad, and Hernandez looks to have the speed of foot to challenge PL defences.

Pukki of course starts up front.

And as a shock twist, Archie Mair in goal!

...just kidding. 

• Like 1

Finally a sensible post from someone Mason! (Sensible=one I agree with 😉)

Farke is not going to move Aarons forward, it’s just not how he works. He clearly believes in drilling players thoroughly in how he wants them and the team to play, he has never chopped and changed. And he’s not going to put Roberts in the starting eleven out of nowhere.

OTBC!

Obviously Klose is out for the long term so arguably we’re never going to be able to play our strongest 11 this season. Wouldn’t it be nice though to have the opportunity to have the rest of the squad available.  We still have half dozen players out or not fully fit. Farke must be wondering what he’s done in a previous life!

No idea what the 11 will be today as that’ll depend largely on whether Zimbo starts or not.  

I’d like to see Leitner back in and Vrancic start though.  It’d be good to see Roberts and Idah on the bench though just for the option of something different.

18 hours ago, Evertonian said:

Hi everyone, I posted on your site after you’re first few games how impressed I was with your team. Cantwell especially. Gutted to see you have lost your way a bit. I think you just need a spark to get your season going till Christmas and then you need to invest. Especially a goal scorer. Wouldn’t be surprised a 0-0 tommorow 

Are you still a fan of young Cantwell, Ian? 😉