Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

Sheffield United

Yes, how are they doing so much better than us?  A draw at Spurs today following other good results v Arsenal, Everton etc.  I can’t work it out!

In terms of goals conceded they have the second best defence in the league and we have the second worst. They have done magnificently well and we just haven't got started.

Successfully rode their momentum, added quality to the team without upsetting the squads harmony and avoided being decimated by injuries.

• Like 2

It's easier to come up as a Burnley style team and survive rather than do what Fulham, Blackpool and Farke have tried to do.

Plus I would love to have their injury burden from match day one to now - especially at the back.

They'll comfortably survive and good luck to them. No sour grapes from me.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Successfully rode their momentum, added quality to the team without upsetting the squads harmony and avoided being decimated by injuries.

Similar to Lambert's Norwich in some respect.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think Chris Wilder has sussed this management lark. If you look at the job he did with Northampton and now Sheffield United, it's nearly six of perfection.

Without meaning to sound all 'Big Sam' I think if Wilder were French or German he'd be considered one of the best managerial prospects in the country.

• Like 1

I watched the game and Blades were well organised and played with confidence and although Spurs were fairly poor the individual quality of players like Son and Delle Ali was above anything that either of us have. I don't think there's a lot between us as evidenced last season and although Blades spent more in the Summer the core of their squad is unchanged.

I think fundamentally they have a style that is better suited to survival than ours based on the quality of the players that they have. That said, as we have found out it only takes a few injuries and bad results for confidence to dip and then they may find their lack of quality an issue.

9 hours ago, king canary said:

Without meaning to sound all 'Big Sam' I think if Wilder were French or German he'd be considered one of the best managerial prospects in the country.

Definitely sounds very Sam-Allardyce-on-Talksport....

Hang on....are you?