There is a concerning rumour doing the rounds that he called Farke a “bad manager” amidst the words that were said after the Brighton game, and that is why he was dropped from the squad last night. 

Not the fighting spirit and togetherness you need in a team, especially in our current state. Hopefully his thoughts don’t reflect that of others in the squad.

Edited by Darth Vadis

Moritz has always struck me as 'potentially a bit stroppy'.  Same with Trybull, perhaps Emi too.  If true, then he's shot himself in the foot - ask Nelson how criticising Farke worked out for him.

Mind you, it's a rumour, so it's quite likely to be rubbish so don't worry about it.  I'm not going to.

• Like 1

My bigger worry about the togetherness is Emi. Constantly stropping, moaning at all those around him and throwing himself to the floor.

It does appear to me that there may a slight rocking of the boat, even between each other the players certainly appear to be having more verbals (moaning). Nothing dramatic but not as it was, it makes you wonder if they are frustrated with each other, their luck, the tactics or dare I say it  the management team? I sincerely hope it is only a blip and peace and harmony reign again soon.

I do wonder whether Roberts and Byram have had words about Farke too, may explain their lack of game time. Could all be unfounded rumour though. It does feel like the squads sense of togetherness is lacking at the mo, could just be down to our poor run of form however.

Team harmony and results often go hand in hand. You could make a case for either being the cause or effect, but it's normal that both are low at the same time, just as they were both high last season. 

I'm taking this rumour with a pinch of salt though, because Leitner seems to be one of the closest to Farke.

12 minutes ago, ec-p said:

I do wonder whether Roberts and Byram have had words about Farke too, may explain their lack of game time. Could all be unfounded rumour though. It does feel like the squads sense of togetherness is lacking at the mo, could just be down to our poor run of form however.

I think Byram's lack of minutes is just because he had Aarons ahead of him. There's got to be something going on with Roberts though.

Tube Man,

If Leitner is one of the closest to him and (a big and) there is some truth in the rumour then that speaks very loudly!

I'd be more worried if there weren't any signs of dissent given how poor results have been. The players should be frustrated with their own and others performances, including the coaching staff. No idea on the Leitner rumour but he did come to us with a bit of a reputation for being difficult.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Well that would be a turnaround of massive proportions as they knew each other from Dortmund and Farke was the reason Leitner signed.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-moritz-leitner-debt-to-daniel-farke-and-championship-leaders-1-5943793

Yeah but it's way more beneficial to make-up or encourage or pass on a rumour about discontent between players and managers. Always happens, nearly always ends up being total ****.

• Thanks 1

I hadn't heard the rumours  until this morning but while the consipracy theories are fun, and could be true (some on here seem to be revelling in them) the simple truth could be that it was s choice between mo and mario for the and farke chose the latter - there are only 7 spaces on the bench.    Personally i thought during the game that we were crying out for Leitners faster  movement of the ball.

The same for roberts - the cries of there must be something going on sound great,   but his career has stalled since his hamstring injury at celtic (only one goal there in a season post injury) and he hasn't improved since facing players in better leagues than the SPL;  if todd is looking better on the pitch and at colney  then we just have to put roberts down as a chanced loan that didnt work out.

I'd seen the Leitner rumour on Twitter and dismissed it as BS but Adam Brandon who is a football writer and Norwich fan has said he's heard similar from two sources which makes me wonder. He's never been a **** stirrer.

On 09/11/2019 at 13:24, ec-p said:

Byram is just unfortunate that those ahead of him have been performing well, I’m under the impression he’s a really good lad.

the same cannot be said for Roberts though, and that is why he is not playing.

• Like 1

On 09/11/2019 at 13:39, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think Byram's lack of minutes is just because he had Aarons ahead of him. There's got to be something going on with Roberts though.

After Farke joined the club Webber made it very clear that our existing players would need to show themselves willing and able to adapt to his training methods (presumably similar to the ideas Webber subscribes to), and by that he of course meant the intensity and duration of training. We do double sessions most days I believe. 

In Farke's first season he called out several players for poor effort in training. All three were subsequently bombed out. Watkins, Murphy, and Oliviera.  

When we sign a player I'm guessing we make it very clear that it is going to be an experience which really pushes them to their limits (Whether this contributes to our injury problems is something that people have discussed before, but that isn't relevant to the point I'm about to make).

But whether they actually manage to adapt to that and give full commitment is a whole different thing, and I'm guessing that not all players do. Perhaps Patrick Roberts hasn't shown himself willing to train at that intensity and with sufficient commitment to his own development.

Marcus Edwards I think was one who didn't get along very well with Farke's training methods, it was also said that he needed to do more work defensively (like Murphy!). I'd guess that Roberts isn't in the team for the same reason that Edwards didn't break into it. 

Either not training with enough commitment, or not showing enough willingness to adapt their game to contribute more when not in possession. The constant pressing and tracking back is essential to how we play, Roberts may be a very good attacking player but perhaps (like Murphy) just doesn't have real willingness to get involved in more of the dirty stuff that is a requisite to succeeding in Farke's system or to change his game to be able to succeed in our system.

Yes I'm speculating, but it is probably a decent guess. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

On 09/11/2019 at 14:57, king canary said:

I'd seen the Leitner rumour on Twitter and dismissed it as BS but Adam Brandon who is a football writer and Norwich fan has said he's heard similar from two sources which makes me wonder. He's never been a **** stirrer.

If I were to pick 3 players from our squad that I could imagine having a big tantrum he'd definitely be one of them. 

Lets hope it isn't one that is so bad it can't be rectified (thinking apology to manager in front of the squad?), just makes me think of the Hoolahan situation when he wanted the Villa move and then had some making up to do. 

I could see Farke forgiving and forgetting something like this, whether Webber would is a different question and you'd think that he'd need to appease both. 

At least he's one that you'd think we could get a couple of million for, if the relationship has completely broken down. 

I've always been a bit concerned about his attitude TBH. He always seems to have a superior air about him, something that says "I'm the mutt's nuts", which was OK in the Champs. when he sometimes looked the most gifted player on the pitch, but is definitely not the case in the PL.

I don't think he's the sort of player who feels he has to 'earn the right to play football'.

I may be wrong, but I think he'll have to have a change of attitude to become much more than a bit player in the side. Which is a shame, given his ability.

We won the Championship last season without him in the team for the majority of the second half of the season.

He’s been pretty poor when I’ve seen him this year. He’s a very good passer, but lacks Vrancic’s range. He doesn’t fit into our system unless we have the majority of the ball, and that won’t be a lot this season.

If he gets moved on I don’t think it’ll impact us in the slightest.

I am reasonably disappointed that Leitner hasn't played that much and would be even more so if he's fallen out with Farke.

I thought his range of passing, ability to dictate the tempo of a game etc. would be a huge plus point for us this season but it really hasn't worked out for Mo thus far. He looked like he was doing lots of work in the off season and I definitely expected more game time for him.

The reality is that although he has those attributes I mentioned and prefers to play from a deeper lying position, he is too easily dribbled past and doesn't add the required ballast we need in that position. A shame, as I feel he's a gifted player.

Edited by BobLoz3

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

I am reasonably disappointed that Leitner hasn't played that much and would be even more so if he's fallen out with Farke.

I thought his range of passing, ability to dictate the tempo of a game etc. would be a huge plus point for us this season but it really hasn't worked oput for Mo thus far. He looked like he was doing lots of work in the off season and I definitely expected more game time for him.

The reality is that although he has those attributes I mentioned and prefers to play from a deeper lying position, he is too easily dribbled past and doesn't add the required ballast we need in that position. A shame, as I feel he's a gifted player.

He just hasn't caught up to the tempo in the Premier League- teams worked out he wants too much time on the ball and they could press him into mistakes. Vrancic had to make the same adjustment in the Championship and his game improved hugely.

Even without the rumour it seems odd that he's disappeared from the squad entirely if not injured.

Could also be worth noting that Emi and Mo are very good friends and a slight on one might have aggravated the other.

Leitner has everything he needs to be an excellent deep lying playmaker, for a team controlling a game- we did this a lot last year, and won't be able to this year. Makes it difficult to argue for his inclusion.

Lots of assumptions on this thread. From what Ive seen of him this year he doesn’t deserve to be in the squad at the moment, certainly not ahead of Mario. Like others I thought he may have flourished at this level. Lots of season left so might still do. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Lots of assumptions on this thread. From what Ive seen of him this year he doesn’t deserve to be in the squad at the moment, certainly not ahead of Mario. Like others I thought he may have flourished at this level. Lots of season left so might still do. 

A very reasoned post. I don't think he's been particularly good this season to date and still plenty of time left to force his way back into the squad. One good game back in the first team is all it seems to take nowadays to get most supporters off their backs, until another day...but an interesting theory on him above, which may turn out to be true.

Edited by jaberry2

be disappointing if Farke has been disrespected......  Leitner should have played more at the back end of last season and this, I expected him in the starting line up but he has been exposed as too slow.   Whilst he moves the ball quicker, he just doesn't seem to have the legs or the strength to get on it and control the game in tight situations.... it is no wonder we have struggled for midfield dominance.

Also no wonder that he is struggling for a place in the side..... he may well be a frustrated figure and being a luxury player, may be better coming back into the team if and when we have raised the confidence levels..... and if necessary, having apologised!!!! . 

OTBC

Think this is relevant:

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-daniel-farke-real-reason-emi-buendia-replaced-todd-cantwell-1-6395772

"In a group of 25 players, you might have one or two who are 100pc happy. The rest will be somewhere between thinking the coach is alright and wanting to kill me," he joked. "Here you have a group of 25 and just 11 are allowed to play and maybe eight of those play 90 minutes. One of the key topics as a coach is man management. That's quite normal and I have to deal with it."

• Like 1

I actually though Leitner looked decent this season until he started playing in the no 10 role, which was an absolute shambles.

Leitner and Amadou in CM is a pairing that  I’d be interested in seeing.

• Like 1

Leitner was my favourite player last season and until he got injured was absolutely instrumental in controlling games. I was shocked at how well we did without him in the second half of the season. I thought he would flourish this season but it hasn't happened. Yet. There is still plenty of time and perhaps he will be better to be involved once we have our mojo back, which looks promising now.

I'd also like to see him with Amadou or Tettey as a pairing, as I think that gives him the best platform to perform.

11 hours ago, Clint said:

I actually though Leitner looked decent this season until he started playing in the no 10 role, which was an absolute shambles.

This. With Amadou as a younger, enhanced Tettey-style enforcer, it could give Moritz some time and space to launch our attacking midfield. At least, that was the theory at the start of the season, events meant it hasn’t happened, and I’m not sure now whether it ever will.

Of the two though, I’m keener to see how Amadou performs in the position he was bought for, disappointing that we’re still waiting to see it.

11 hours ago, Clint said:

I thought he'd begun to struggle earlier this season before his move to number 10- Villa for instance targetted him and he didn't cope with it well.

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Of the two though, I’m keener to see how Amadou performs in the position he was bought for, disappointing that we’re still waiting to see it.

I am slightly concerned that he seems to be fit but we still prefer Trybull or Tettey over him in central midfield.

Yeah, it does seem a little strange if he can get into the the starting 11 to fill in as a central defender, but not in his preferred position. Has Farke been asked what’s going on with him?