Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Wtf is going on here?

Frankly I've never watched a game that has made me shout at my TV so much.

There was so much wrong with how we set up last night that I could write an essay, and I don't claim to be the next Pep. The rest of the season will hinge firmly on whether or not we wake up and smell the coffee, and drop this 'we're just going to play open and attacking because NORWICH IDENTITY' thing. We can still be a positive, attacking side without being more open than a 24hr Tesco; we just look like we're completely lacking any experienced leader holding the team together. Whilst we do have Krul and Tettey playing, too many of the XI are playing like an under-10 side to stop the rot.

Edited by Mason 47

16 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Going back to the defensive positioning it’s interesting looking at the first goal again. It’s not an excuse for Buendia, he should have done much better, but when you watch it again I have to question why he was in that position.

We play the ball back to him having barely made it into their half but with Godfrey overlapping Lewis on the left side.

We were barely a minute in and our back line consisted of Aarons, Tettey, Trybull and Buendia when the ball was overturned because both Godfrey and Lewis had committed themselves forward.

Yes, I mentioned earlier that Godfrey shares some of the blame for that first goal.

There is also an element that Buendia has to realise Godfrey is further forward- if we knows the defence is a man or two light behind him then it is doubly stupid to do what he did.

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes, I mentioned earlier that Godfrey shares some of the blame for that first goal.

There is also an element that Buendia has to realise Godfrey is further forward- if we knows the defence is a man or two light behind him then it is doubly stupid to do what he did.

I agree on both counts. I suppose the one interesting question is was Godfrey acting as he has been instructed to or not. If he has been allowed that freedom we can’t blame him.

On 09/11/2019 at 13:44, Peanuts said:

There was definitely a bit of a boo at the final whistle although it wasn't particularly loud from where we were. I don't think the crowd had 'turned' though. Main feeling around us was grim resignation and a feeling that the players were trying but just not good enough.

That's how I saw it.

A bit of a half-hearted boo at the end but more groans of frustration really.

I think it's dawned on most of us that without major surgery in January we're unlikely to survive. I think like many I thought last season's momentum would carry us through but it now looks as though that won't be the case.

Sad really but we probably should have pushed the boat out a bit more pre-season.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We don't look very 'over run' on midfield in that image, 4 v 6 but one Leicester player left in acres of space on the far side. 

They must be having a test drive for the nightmare to come at the King Power next month  🙂😉

On 09/11/2019 at 12:14, Capt. Pants said:

You can interpret that  picture how you like. I see Lewis trying to fill in for the midfield who were over-run as usual. Or I see Hernandez dozing and not tracking back. 

Ran his socks off for the cause and had been out months with a knee injury! 

21 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Going back to the defensive positioning it’s interesting looking at the first goal again. It’s not an excuse for Buendia, he should have done much better, but when you watch it again I have to question why he was in that position.

We play the ball back to him having barely made it into their half but with Godfrey overlapping Lewis on the left side.

We were barely a minute in and our back line consisted of Aarons, Tettey, Trybull and Buendia when the ball was overturned because both Godfrey and Lewis had committed themselves forward.

Absolutely this.

To blame Emi for the goal misses the point. 

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

That's how I saw it.

A bit of a half-hearted boo at the end but more groans of frustration really.

I think it's dawned on most of us that without major surgery in January we're unlikely to survive. I think like many I thought last season's momentum would carry us through but it now looks as though that won't be the case.

Sad really but we probably should have pushed the boat out a bit more pre-season.

Crowd around me was more turning to black humour than Booing, there is more resignation to our position than I have experieced in similar situations in previous seasons.