Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

What would it have taken for Andre Marriner to issue a yellow card for time wasting?

He spoke to Foster a few time yet didn't show him a yellow, Why?

The time he took over goal kicks should have been worth at least a yellow, and that might have stopped him when he was catching simple balls , falling to the floor and laying on the ball for an eternity.

The deliberate time wasting at throw ins could have been stopped by issuing a yellow to one or two players too.

This is what I can't understand about blatant time wasting, the Refs have the power to stop it but nobody does anything about it.

And again last night the goal celebrations took an eternity, right in front of the home fans again.

• Like 1

On two occasions in the final few minutes I actually counted how long Foster had the ball in his hands. The first time was 20 seconds and the second was 17, despite the rules saying it must be released within six.

I don't blame Foster though because Krul would've done exactly the same had we been winning, and I don't really blame Marriner either, as his handling of the situation was no different to any other referee.

It was the worst time wasting I’ve seen at Carrow Road for a while. That said, we could have played another 45 minutes and not scored so I don’t suppose it would have mattered.

Time wasting is such an oddly enforced rule. If refs were willing to lay down a marker early it would knock it on the head but instead they give players chance after chance.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

Time wasting is such an oddly enforced rule. If refs were willing to lay down a marker early it would knock it on the head but instead they give players chance after chance.

Agreed, and if you substituted the phrase 'time wasting' for 'dissent' the post would also be spot on.

I think a directive needs to come from the top to deal with those two issues. Gamesmanship will always be in football, but the officials just don't seem to have any control over those issues.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes. If they wanted to eliminate it you would end up.with a weekend full of bookings/ sending offs but players would soon learn. 

We were on the receiving end last night and of course would have done the same in their position but it's something that could easily be removed from the game and would make it a much better watch for everyone bar the team holding on

• Like 1

Remember Wilder criticising us for the same thing two years ago. It often comes back to bite you.

When Delefou went off he walked across the pitch but the rule is you leave by the shortest route. Old Paul Mariner got that wrong.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Remember Wilder criticising us for the same thing two years ago. It often comes back to bite you.

When Delefou went off he walked across the pitch but the rule is you leave by the shortest route. Old Paul Mariner got that wrong.

He should have been carded for that, Marriner pointed where he should have gone off and he blatantly ignored him.

• Like 1