Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Dominated the game ?

I agree with the comparison with Farke’s first season. We’ve lost the ability to create chances which we were so good at last season and the early part of this season.

i think it’s a combination of factors. Buendia seems to have a crisis of confidence and he was our lynchpin last season . With players out injured (Hernandez, Vrancic etc) we seem to have lost the ability for players to combine in attack the way we did so well before ( look at our goal against Liverpool- no sign of scoring that sort of goal for quite a few games now). Also for many games we’ve had a lack of attacking options on the bench unlike last season when Vrancic and Rhodes often got goals late on as subs. Dunno what it is with Roberts, I’m not convinced he’ the answer but it’s strange he’s not had more of a chance.

Many of our attacking moves ended with a hopeful cross , which isn’t our strength and was not something we did last season.

combine that with a defence relying on 3 very young players plus a midfielder, it’s no surprise we’re actually playing much worse than last season.

13 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

I agree with the comparison with Farke’s first season. We’ve lost the ability to create chances which we were so good at last season and the early part of this season.

i think it’s a combination of factors. Buendia seems to have a crisis of confidence and he was our lynchpin last season . With players out injured (Hernandez, Vrancic etc) we seem to have lost the ability for players to combine in attack the way we did so well before ( look at our goal against Liverpool- no sign of scoring that sort of goal for quite a few games now). Also for many games we’ve had a lack of attacking options on the bench unlike last season when Vrancic and Rhodes often got goals late on as subs. Dunno what it is with Roberts, I’m not convinced he’ the answer but it’s strange he’s not had more of a chance.

Many of our attacking moves ended with a hopeful cross , which isn’t our strength and was not something we did last season.

combine that with a defence relying on 3 very young players plus a midfielder, it’s no surprise we’re actually playing much worse than last season.

Agree that crosses certainly are not our strength. We didn't win the championship using this way of supplying Pukki. If we had Steve Morison or Grant Holt, you could understand it. 

We haven't just clicked this season ...as yet (I hope) and haven't reached the level we were playing at last season. Then, when you add the quality of opposition it has been a steep learning curve. It's now whether we have a way of clawing ourselves out of this hole. Before it gets too deep.