Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Havefaith

Pantwetting continues

Still not a senior defender fit. 

But don't let that stop the pantwetting nonsense. 

Last season they stepped up a gear and collectively found a way. 

And Farke is a great manager. 

Wait until January, things will be very different. 

Defenders back fit, allowing the holding midfielders to be the ones we want, and for them to protect the back four. 

Then the team can look up the pitch again. 

Stop the pantwetting and have some effing faith. Haven't you learned a thing from last season? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Havefaith said:

Defenders back fit, allowing the holding midfielders to be the ones we want, and for them to protect the back four. 

Stop the pantwetting and have some effing faith. Haven't you learned a thing from last season? 

article-0-1A2B262D00000578-818_636x382.j

• Like 1

I am a hugely optimistic person but at the moment i am struggling to see where the next goal is going to come from. I am not sure that having a fully fit defence would have made any difference tonight. The issue for me is at how slow we are at attacking and how cheaply we give the ball away. It is really hard to fathom how we have gone from the scintillating performance against Man City to the pedestrian nonsense against Watford. It is troubling that we could not even score against ten men. As I have said before I intend to enjoy this season come what may, but I temper that by saying it is clear that it is going to be a long hard winter watch........

I dislike worried people being bullied, but I agree that it looked bad once, but turned around. It looks bad though.

I can’t see how having Zimmo or Klose back would suddenly change everything....we’re as bad at the other end of the pitch where their influence is far less - we’ve not scored anything other than consolation goals for 7 games (630 minutes of play).

I do still hold out hope - if Amadou is as good as we hope in cdm and we can get him playing in his proper role, I think that would be a big help. I do just wonder why on earth he’s not played there yet.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Havefaith said:

I sort of get your point but the thing is, even if we had had no injuries all season, it would be fair to say that it would be a close call if we stayed up or not.
At best, if/when we're all fit again, we'll be playing catch up with a squad that was only ever likely to finish 17 or 16th or so from the outset.

42 minutes ago, Havefaith said:

I know you're trolling but I'd love to understand how you define senior defender. Lewis is a full international for example and Godfrey is closing in on 100 senior appearances.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well I definitely got wet pants. In fact I got soaked through. 🌧️

You should have been at Brighton because tonight was just a tad damp compared to last week.

1 hour ago, yellowfever said:

stupid, inane and immature comment. wake up and see whats unfolding in front of your eyes. 

I've been following city 30 years, I'm wrll aware of what's in front of my eyes, and it's a bunch a pantwetters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It’s not pantwetting, it’s a reaction to losing at home and being rock bottom of the Premier League.

You wet your pants last season.

53 minutes ago, king canary said:

I know you're trolling but I'd love to understand how you define senior defender. Lewis is a full international for example and Godfrey is closing in on 100 senior appearances.

Sorry, for the terminally moronic. 

Central defender. 

There. Easy. 

40 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The deluded remain delusional.

Let's look back at your posts up until the Ipswich game last year shall we? 

Mr italics. 

It's really, really simple. 

Wait until the centre backs are fit before you press the panic button. 

You have us relegated already, with an injury crises getting better, Jan window coming, and players and manager finding their feet. 

It's reprehensible. Grow up. 

8 minutes ago, Havefaith said:

Sorry, for the terminally moronic. 

Central defender. 

There. Easy. 

Like...Ben Godfrey?

22 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

So, most of you siding with the binner and calling someone who is supporting the club a troll? 

Sort of proves the OP right.

Have a look at his post history. He literally appeared about two days ago and can't post without calling someone a moron or similar.

He's not supporting the club, he's being a troll.

7 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am a hugely optimistic person but at the moment i am struggling to see where the next goal is going to come from. I am not sure that having a fully fit defence would have made any difference tonight. The issue for me is at how slow we are at attacking and how cheaply we give the ball away. It is really hard to fathom how we have gone from the scintillating performance against Man City to the pedestrian nonsense against Watford. It is troubling that we could not even score against ten men. As I have said before I intend to enjoy this season come what may, but I temper that by saying it is clear that it is going to be a long hard winter watch........

7 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I can’t see how having Zimmo or Klose back would suddenly change everything....we’re as bad at the other end of the pitch where their influence is far less - we’ve not scored anything other than consolation goals for 7 games (630 minutes of play).

I do still hold out hope - if Amadou is as good as we hope in cdm and we can get him playing in his proper role, I think that would be a big help. I do just wonder why on earth he’s not played there yet.

I'd rather read the musings of sane and rational posters like these two. It still doesn't look good for the club at the moment, a little bit of hope is there, but it is going to be even harder than any of us expected. And we all knew it would be tough to start. 

Pretty gutted at how it's going as I am sure everyone is.

• Thanks 1

Herman, I think these two posts hit the nail on the head, most of us had hope, after last year we might just have enough quality to sneak 17th or higher. But last night showed a team lacking in belief and confidence, as soon as Watford scored we never looked like breaching that defence. Hernandez was our best player last night, thought the back four in general were ragged as a unit, Tettey is not a CB we need an experienced CB to organise that young set of backs, never thought I would say this but Hanley has to start the next match!

Steirpermann is just a fraction too slow and not quite good enough for this league, along with McClean & Trybull just never looked comparable to the worst teams in this division. If fit Amadou & Tettey have to start along with Vrancic ahead of these two.

My last point is we need Emi & Cantwell with Hernandez supporting Pukki to get the best attacking threat, Emi makes errors which last night lead to a goal, but with a solid midfield we should be better.

Pantwetters or not, of course last night wasn’t good enough every supporter and players know that, Farke will drill his players for the next game, but to be honest once you accept we’re the worst team in this league, accept the notion of relegation given our constraints, accept the owners, structure and outlook as a stable club trying their best to stay up, then pantwetting becomes mild dribbling! 

Edited by Indy

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Herman, I think these two posts hit the nail on the head, most of us had hope, after last year we might just have enough quality to sneak 17th or higher. But last night showed a team lacking in belief and confidence, as soon as Watford scored we never looked like breaching that defence. Hernandez was our best player last night, thought the back four in general were ragged as a unit, Tettey is not a CB we need an experienced CB to organise that young set of backs, never thought I would say this but Hanley has to start the next match!

Steirpermann is just a fraction too slow and not quite good enough for this league, along with McClean & Trybull just never looked comparable to the worst teams in this division. If fit Amadou & Tettey have to start along with Vrancic ahead of these two.

My last point is we need Emi & Cantwell with Hernandez supporting Pukki to get the best attacking threat, Emi makes errors which last night lead to a goal, but with a solid midfield we should be better.

Pantwetters or not, of course last night wasn’t good enough every supporter and players know that, Farke will drill his players for the next game, but to be honest once you expect we’re the worst team in this league, accept the notion of relegation given our constraints, accept the owners, structure and outlook as a stable club trying their best to stay up, then pantwetting becomes mild dribbling! 

👍👍👍.

(No reactions left)

9 hours ago, Havefaith said:

Let's look back at your posts up until the Ipswich game last year shall we? 

Mr italics. 

Says the poster who joined just 6 days ago and is running around insulting everyone from the off. Care to tell us who you used to be last season or will you give it the long time lurker routine ?

• Like 2