Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

Who has had enough of this message board?

I have. This will be my last ever post because I have had enough of the dribble that now appears on this message board 24/7. It is getting worse than the wotb message board.

This board used to be a place of opinionated, but sensible debate. It is now just a rumour board for the Worthy outers to spread rubbish about Nigel, the players, and now even Delia. I am sure some of the posters have noticed that some of those who originally used this board contribute less and less these days (DD to name one), and I am sure one of those reasons is that the board is going downhill.

I feel the messages need to be moderated more in terms of what is being written in terms of content, rather than just removing offensive words. The majority of posts now contain material that in court could easily be described as slander..

This is nothing personal, but one poster who now constantly flushing this board is Paul Rankin. I have nothing against him or that he should not be allowed to share his opinions, but in the last 3 days he has started 9 anti Norwich posts.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/614046/ShowPost.aspx  Title - "Appalling"

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/613789/ShowPost.aspx          "lets play the blame game"

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/613818/ShowPost.aspx          "Worthy out chants"

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/613989/ShowPost.aspx         "Worthys managerial record getting worse"

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/613546/ShowPost.aspx         "3 million for Jerome is mad"

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/613533/ShowPost.aspx          "poll - are you happy with management"

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/612994/ShowPost.aspx          "Poll - worthy out now"

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/612574/ShowPost.aspx          "Passing team, are you kidding!?"

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/612118/ShowPost.aspx         "Poll - worthy or Mcveigh"

So its goodbye from me, Hope to see us in the Premiership soon  :-)

In defense of my posts:

Title - "Appalling" - did you see the watford game?? cos thats how we played

"lets play the blame game" - well worthy has been known to

"Worthy out chants" - yep i want worthy out and i want to no how many people feel the same way

"Worthys managerial record getting worse" - just showing you we are in exactly the same position in the league as we were under hamilton

"3 million for Jerome is mad" - an opinion, to me 3 million is mad for a player who has had half a good season

"poll - are you happy with management" - a post taken from the wrath website

"Poll - worthy out now" - as there seems to be a high support for this why not ask it

"Passing team, are you kidding!?" - did you watch the match?? we did not fashion a single passing attack in the game against watford

"Poll - worthy or Mcveigh" - A valid question I thought seeing as they dont get on and mcveighs contract is up this season - where is his new contract offer btw??

Dont you think its funny robbo that more and more people have had enough of worthy and feel his time is up??

Cheerio Robbo, you''ll be...erm... missed [:P]  [U]

nearly as much as deano    [:P]  [:''(]

oh well byebye

Robbo - Agreed. I stayed away for a week or two as I was sick of reading the same drivel day in day out. I signed up here in the first place to get away from the rubbish I saw on the BBC message boards! Ive come back for the Deano saga, but once that blows over ill probably be departing again until I attend my next home game (Easter hols).

Robbo,

I recently took a bit of time out, I think we all need to do that at times. Never say never, give it a couple of weeks and see how you feel. The Board needs all types.

Totally agree Robbo007.  The board has turned into a forum for people who take every opportunity to have a go at the club, players, management team or board and still call themselves supporters.

This board used to be quite good, once.

I''m with you Robbo - it''s a point I made in my "Moan, moan, moan" thread. It''s like having toothache. But don''t go - we need to let people know that there are rational and sensible Norwich fans.

Yup, agreed also.

I get a bit bored of the old Worthy out stuff - it''ll happen in time, and it''s not like there''s many other great options out there.

But what really does get my goat - big style - is the player baiting. It''s not like they''re buying and picking themselves, is it?

I supported Easton and Rivers in the face of idiot provocation at away games, and Matty Svensson too. The way Holt was treated at the end of his Norwich career was sickening - that guy would have run through a brick wall for our club.

I''m fed up of hearing how bad Hughes, Etuhu and Jarrett are - it''s not their fault they are being picked, and to slate them will do nothing but harm.

People aren''t moaning at the players; they''re moaning at Worrthington for buying them and putting them on the pitch when they are simply not good enough.

I think the quality has declined, too much one line drivel, persoanl abuse and the delay in posting becuase of the need to be moderated means inevitably that we get multiple same subject threads. This means that stuff rapidly disappears from Page 1 and into obscurity. Did we really need all the same threads accusing the Board of lying and the club of selling out, too many unofficial and poorly supported polls. Analysis of the Watford game became too hysterical too quickly. Its now a real effort to keep up, sad that this Board is maybe just too popular now for its own good.

Yep totally agree. The poppycock that comes from Paul Rankin is dull and offensive. I find these pages quite boring these days and have also noticed how intelligent posts from the likes of DD, Mello Yellow etc are on the decrease.

Shame you''re leaving Robbo, but come Jan 31st, unless the moderators start to tighten up on quality then I''ll be with you.

actually I had another idea over the weekend, after checking back in after a few weeks away (this place was just getting too depressing): how about splitting this board in two, into a "glass half full" board and a "glass half empty" board?

that way those who see no good in current players/management/board and want a place to let off steam could do so, and those (myself included) who take a more... relaxed view of proceedings would have a place for some good humoured banter and a chance to look on the bright side.

obviously I wouldn''t want to remove all discussion/debate from the board, that would defeat the object, but this board does seem increasingly poloarised into one group for whom the club can do no right and another for whom a bit of perseverence and patience seems more sensible, and at the moment there seems to be no reconciling the two...

I''m totally with you.

When I start to see Delia referred to as Smith, then I know this message board has lost its way.

After saving the club and restructuring the club to a point where it now has a long term future, it makes me sick that she could ever be talked of in such a hurtful and ungrateful manner.

Where this club is trying to get to is a long and difficult path.

Norwich City is a modest club trying to build towards a long term stay in the premiership.

There was always going to be ups as well as downs.

The board believe that Nigel Worthington is still the man to take this forward. They will obviously have concerns about the way this season has gone and will be watching the situation.

To balance the books on the transfer front, he has bought in Huckerby, Ashton, Francis, Docherty as well as some good loan players. Several of whom said that they joined because they were convinced by him and the club set-up.

Most have spoken well of him and the club when they have moved on.

Personally I hope the board keep their patience and that Worthington spends the money wisely and that the club continues to go in the right direction.

Nothing in life goes perfectly all the time but this club is moving forward.

Just take time to cast your minds 4 years. Its been an increadible journey to Cardiff and to the Premiership.

It will be back and there will be plenty more.

Maybe even a cup run!

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

In defense of my posts:

Title - "Appalling" - did you see the watford game?? cos thats how we played

"lets play the blame game" - well worthy has been known to

"Worthy out chants" - yep i want worthy out and i want to no how many people feel the same way

"Worthys managerial record getting worse" - just showing you we are in exactly the same position in the league as we were under hamilton

"3 million for Jerome is mad" - an opinion, to me 3 million is mad for a player who has had half a good season

"poll - are you happy with management" - a post taken from the wrath website

"Poll - worthy out now" - as there seems to be a high support for this why not ask it

"Passing team, are you kidding!?" - did you watch the match?? we did not fashion a single passing attack in the game against watford

"Poll - worthy or Mcveigh" - A valid question I thought seeing as they dont get on and mcveighs contract is up this season - where is his new contract offer btw??

Dont you think its funny robbo that more and more people have had enough of worthy and feel his time is up??

[/quote]Paul, I don''t want you to feel picked on because Robbo used you as an example - I''ve read some balanced views of yours, several in defence of Worthy''s decisions where you realise his hands are tied. I can understand some of his frustration, though. If you examine these threads you started over just 3 days.Two of them are personal opinions on the Watford game and could have been added as posts to the main match thread - were they really meritting a whole new thread?Five of them are variations on ''Worthy Out!'' - how many of these do we need on the go at any one time? Do you feel we need a fresh one each time it''s predecessor gets nudged off the bottom of page 1? In particular, the one about Worthy or McVeigh - where''s the proof that they don''t get on? How do you know that McVeigh hasn''t had a contract offer? Too many threads state supposition as fact.This leaves just two threads - that''s still more than most people start - both perfectly valid, but in danger of being ignored amongst the forest of unnecessary threads. You''re far from the worst offender, I just want to try and highlight how some posters seem to get over-excited about an idea and fire off a new thread, when a current listing will do just as well. If people only checked to see if their topic was already being discussed, we wouldn''t have to wade through so many pages of repeated threads - something I rarely have time to fit into my work breaks!Please Paul, this isn''t a personal attack, you''ve just made yourself the highest profile example of the problem recently! I appreciate your opinions are less prejudiced and extreme than they appear from your thread titles and you usually make a good case for your stance. Don''t sell yourself short through over-exposure!Robbo, come back soon, we need you and Paul to keep the debate balanced (and DD, Wiz, AJ, Link, Squit, Dicky, Yankee, a1 etc. etc.). The larger the community, the more valid the conclusions.

I have to agree - I recently decided I was fed up with all the Boards but decided I wanted to know what was going on - I just live too far away to be able to get any information other than from these sources so I am stuck with them, and they in turn are stuck with me! 

The negativity does show that there is a feeling of being let down amongst some supporters, a feeling which you can understand to an extent.  Everyone is entitled to voice their opinions, but some seem to have got into a mindset of thinking any rumour or conspiracy theory going is the cast iron truth, and anything the club does is bad; at times you could be forgiven for wondering if they actually support the Club at all given that anything and everything it does is so bad. 

Maybe people will look back on this episode in a year or so and think that perhaps they went a little ott on the negativity, or maybe it will be the less vitriolic of us who were in the wrong, and we will find that the Club really is as bad as they say - but I desperately hope not.  One thing is for sure, there would be little point in these boards if everyone agreed with everyone all the time - I just wish some of the negative posts were a little more ''reasoned'' rather than the rants using deliberate misquotes that we so often see.

Sorry for the flak Paul, but there was another thread of yours, from today, that Robbo missed - Would you sack Worthy immediately?!C''mon fella, SIX ''Worthy out'' threads started in just 3 days? Does the word overkill mean nothing to you?

This is a message in support of Paul Rankin.

Paul, I completely agree with your posts - if the heads in the sand

brigade think that voicing your (valid) opinion is equivalent to the

messageboard going down-hill, then they''re wrong. At least you have the

guts to speak up, and after some of the performances this season, lord

knows someone has to. It doesn''t make you any less of a true Norwich

supporter. If anything it shows that you are passionate about our club.

Keep posting, mate, something must be done about the shambolic way the

team is being managed at the moment. We will never make the play offs

as long as our main midfielders are Charlton, Hughes Jarret &

Etuhu, as they don''t have any creativity between them. Football is a

lot more than winning the ball & giving it to the forwards in the

vain hope that they do something with it (Worthy''s coaching style).

As for whoever started off this pathetic thread, glad you''re going. bye, miss you already.

Like Robbo, I don''t visit, less still post as often as I used to.Too much boring same old same old from the same old doom and gloom merchants.If that lot are anything to go by, theres a huge untapped Prozac market here waiting to be discovered.Change the bloody record, would you?

Robbo you sometimes just have to agree to differ mate, and personally I think Paul Rankin makes cogent sense with his points in reply here. ''Crapulent football'' eh Paul? Not a pretty term, but appropriate enough I''d say as neither has this season''s City football been pretty. And Mook I salute you - I often think nobody else ever had anything  good to say about Clint Easton and Mark Rivers, it''s good to know I''m not in a club of one! Hendo has taken on the role of ''instant carping from own supporters target'', and it looks like  he''ll probably end up being an under-used (not forgetting usually played in wrong position), unacknowledged and wasted talent too.

[quote user="Dicky"]

Totally agree Robbo007.  The board has turned into a forum for people who take every opportunity to have a go at the club, players, management team or board and still call themselves supporters.

This board used to be quite good, once.

[/quote]

Guys the board is designed to hear all opinions, right or wrong, if you dont like what you read, cant handle other peoples opinions even when you disagree with them then dont bother to come back.  Its an open forum not a forum to hear only what you want to hear. So go ahead stop posting its your decision. But a weak one in my opinion!

OTBC

St.John

I agree 100% - Sevreal times I have made the point that so called fans are continually having a go in a destructive way - I wonder how they would feel if people publicly wrote about them, their private lives and family''s as some have on here.

I am a life long supporter of Norwich City - I always will be and whilst I share disappointment at our position this year, I will continue to support my home town club in every way.

As for this forum I too have had enough of reading much of the slander and rubbish that appears on here, I will now revert to official sources to learn more about my beloved club.

Yeah i must admit that the standard of posting seems to have degenerated over the years. I think some people must have been born pessamistic and unfortunately seem to bring everybody down with their polarised views. It seems to be that some people have been eating a few too many prawn sarnies and enjoyed the experience. I want success just like everybody elese but it isn''t going to happen all the time, we are a medium sized club and are not going to win the premier league. The critisism becomes too personal, i.e. Holt, Easton, Rivers etc, none of these players were that bad. I think being in the top league last year has made people worse, maybe a little greedy? Let''s just relax a bit and be more constructive with out critisism and maybe then it will be noticed.

So if you do not see Carrow Road through Rose Coloured Glasses you cannot have a view?

I think it is time for  a change. I think the sale of Ashton is not all bad as I am not convinced that his hamstrings will see him through a long sustained period in a team. 7 million (125k if he gets a full cap and 125k if WHU make Europe....wave bye bye to that Mr D.) gives us a chance in the transfer window to strengthen. However, I am very concerned at NW''s ability to spend it wisely on anything other than workmanlike journey men and the other teams now know we have some cash to spend in a short time. I would like to see a signing today. this will demonstrate that we have ambition and are looking forward and not, as I fear treading water in the fizzy league.

debate? Robbo 

[quote user="Huge Hairy Canary"]This is a message in support of Paul Rankin.

Paul, I completely agree with your posts - if the heads in the sand brigade think that voicing your (valid) opinion is equivalent to the messageboard going down-hill, then they''re wrong. At least you have the guts to speak up, and after some of the performances this season, lord knows someone has to. It doesn''t make you any less of a true Norwich supporter. If anything it shows that you are passionate about our club.

Keep posting, mate, something must be done about the shambolic way the team is being managed at the moment. We will never make the play offs as long as our main midfielders are Charlton, Hughes Jarret & Etuhu, as they don''t have any creativity between them. Football is a lot more than winning the ball & giving it to the forwards in the vain hope that they do something with it (Worthy''s coaching style).

As for whoever started off this pathetic thread, glad you''re going. bye, miss you already.

[/quote]

Well done, you''ve completely missed the main point, its was about the volume of threads stating the same thing. No-one is telling Paul not to post but to consider quality over quantity.

The other point you missed was that the petty name calling was causing a problem, as someone who''s had several personal attacks at him I agree this should stop.

i agree. there are some quality posters/posts to be found (even if i disgaree with some of them!) but i''ve become tired of repititious , relentless and frequently vitriolic polls and posts by some. We all have our opinions and I have my own share of negative ones (and they can change too e..g. Doherty) but sometimes its hardly worth posting knowing that by the time its made the message board its been overtaken by a page of tirades by the same person(s) on the same subject(s).

It''s your decision, but I believe that you are reacting unduly to one or two posters. Your point of view is needed to redress the balance. Nobody is compelling you to read what you know will be unacceptable to you. Have you seen the intemperate anti-Worthington language at times on Wrath of the Barlcay?If you look at my posts you will have seen that I am one whlo is dismayed at what is happening to the club, and I try to argue what should be done. If you think differently, that''s fine. Hold your corner, make your case. If you feel that there is too much on the other side, argue your case as persuasively as you can. In going and removing your voice you are conceding, and the overall message will be even more one-sided.