Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Watford

17 hours ago, Cliff the Canary said:

Yes absolutely I’m only speculating on the criteria for investment that D&M set! Until I or any other fan has a seat on the board that’s all we can do! 

I do believe their hearts are in the right place and they are passionate fans, but I question if they are really open to investment. I SPECULATE that they’re open to the kind of investment that doesn’t dilute their grip on the club, otherwise why the succession planning with Nephew Tom?

I should have been more specific, hard cash is the only way to be successful in the EPL.

I have total admiration for what Webber and Farke have achieved on the pathetic resources they have been given! I’m not advocating a change in playing philosophy! Just imagine what they could of done with a budget of say £20 million, which I’m sure wouldn’t have sent the club into administration! When I say try something different, I mean new owners.

Believe it or not, I hope they can turn it around and a second miracle occurs and you can tell me “I told you so”!

Just feeling very glum with the current situation so excuse my negativity 

Fair post Cliff. I'm also feeling a bit glum, but as Ricardo says (and he knows better than anyone), ups and downs are an inherent part of the experience. And no, those quotes from Friday's interview don't sound like someone who wants to relinquish power; and to be honest, I'm happier with D&M in charge than I will be with an inexperienced thirty-something civil servant with no years of goodwill to call upon in times of crisis. For now, though, I'm content to see how our philosophy pans out in the longer term. Unless we 'do a Huddersfield' and wind up lower than where we started, this template is our best chance to achieve relative success with no investment.

Nope . There is no way I’m not being miserable. I hate losing . I like winning . Therefore I liked last year and don’t like this year . I don’t care if that’s unreasonable. Not bothered . 
That’s how it is. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Nope . There is no way I’m not being miserable. I hate losing . I like winning . Therefore I liked last year and don’t like this year . I don’t care if that’s unreasonable. Not bothered . 
That’s how it is. 

Yep.  Whenever I hear that Kipling quote about treating triumph & disaster just the same, I always think it's just a load of tosh.  If you don't find disaster a bit of a downer, then there's something strange if you ask me.

• Like 1

Hopefully a few more tweaks after the international break and some players returning from injury. Some minor things to be positive about, despite things being a bit glum at the moment. Probably an unpopular opinion, but would like to see Byram start ahead of Arrons, I think he's actually a more rounded player. Now before I get slated for this, I like Arrons just dont think he has been that effective as of yet. With Zimmerman coming back and pushing Amadou into his natural DM role, I think this will give more protection going forward, so our more creative players can get going again.

Edited by jaberry2