Sign in to follow this  
Chippy Brady

Dubliner chasing Arsenal tickets

Hi all, I’m travelling in from Dublin and hoping to get tickets for Arsenal game for myself and my grandson (8) who lives in Norwich. It would be his first ever game any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks Liam 

Actually I’m not an Arsenal fan , growing up in 70s Dublin with my name I was stuck with “Chippy” but happy really as he was Ireland’s most talented player ever. I lived in Norwich in early 90s during Mike Walker era and went to many games and have been a supporter every since  I thought this might be a good place to find a ticket

2 hours ago, Chippy Brady said:

Actually I’m not an Arsenal fan , growing up in 70s Dublin with my name I was stuck with “Chippy” but happy really as he was Ireland’s most talented player ever. I lived in Norwich in early 90s during Mike Walker era and went to many games and have been a supporter every since  I thought this might be a good place to find a ticket

Good man Chippy,  try TvB for tickets as I don't think he supports city anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chippy Brady said:

And by an amazing coincidence you’re looking for a ticket for the game against Arsenal 😂😂😂

26 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

And by an amazing coincidence you’re looking for a ticket for the game against Arsenal 😂😂😂

Plenty of tickets online for the away end if I was an Arsenal fan thanks very much. 

39 minutes ago, Chippy Brady said:

Plenty of tickets online for the away end if I was an Arsenal fan thanks very much. 

Touche!  

49 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He means a ticketing site not the official Arsenal FC.

Cheapest I can see on those is £129 per ticket... 

8 hours ago, Chippy Brady said:

I’m overwhelmed with the welcome and helpfulness of my fellow Norwich City supporters. Thanks a lot. 

Not great is it but with just four posts to your name and flying in from abroad for a match against a ‘ big sixer ‘ I can understand why posters are a bit cynical.

As I see it there are two possibilities.

first the OP is a genuine Norwich fan who shares the same name - and nickname - as a very famous Arsenal player and has used that name for his account on here , and has opened an account on here purely for the purpose of getting tickets for a game. Against Arsenal. What a amazing series of coincidences 😆😲

The alternative is he’s an Arsenal  fan who’s a bit thick and didn’t think some people on here would recognise the name of a very famous Arsenal player (to people of a certain age).

I know which strikes me as more likely 😂😂

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

As I see it there are two possibilities.

first the OP is a genuine Norwich fan who shares the same name - and nickname - as a very famous Arsenal player and has used that name for his account on here , and has opened an account on here purely for the purpose of getting tickets for a game. Against Arsenal. What a amazing series of coincidences 😆😲

The alternative is he’s an Arsenal  fan who’s a bit thick and didn’t think some people on here would recognise the name of a very famous Arsenal player (to people of a certain age).

I know which strikes me as more likely 😂😂

Ahh it’s a fair cop guv, who’d have thought a football fans forum would remember Liam Chippy Brady..?  Did you know the Twin Towers was an inside job organised by Elvis and the aliens from Area52?

(Elvis was an American singer from 50s btw..)

Edited by Chippy Brady
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chippy Brady said:

I’m overwhelmed with the welcome and helpfulness of my fellow Norwich City supporters. Thanks a lot. 

If you genuinely are a Norwich fan, you can probably understand why people are a bit grumpy at the moment I guess? Also it is bloody annoying when you end up with away fans in the home end, which generally happens against the 'big six' clubs. Again, if you're a genuine Norwich fan you can probably understand why people are suspicious.

Fair play to ye Chippy,  this board can be pretty suspicious of anyone new (especially those who are   ' not from round here' , most of it is leg pulling and you've handled it well. Best of luck with tickets, even if you are an Arsenal fan 😁.. Taking a young relative to his first game is something he won't forget. He may even return the favour when you're too infim to take yourself. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

Thanks all , it was a genuine request from a genuine fan. I guess im looking in the wrong place. Anyway I hope to be at the game with the little lad I got him a City shirt for his birthday in October and mine will have Chippy written on the back😂

3 hours ago, Chippy Brady said:

Thanks all , it was a genuine request from a genuine fan. I guess im looking in the wrong place. Anyway I hope to be at the game with the little lad I got him a City shirt for his birthday in October and mine will have Chippy written on the back😂

The first time I went to carrow rd was early seventies,  my older brother took me to see Norwich v arsenal , funnily enough . My hero was Charlie George  ( after THAT fa cup final  goal). City beat them, I left the ground  a City fan for life.  May history repeat itself  on Dec 1. Hope you get your tickets  and hope the kid is hooked for life too.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chippy Brady said:

Well done Chippy, no harm in trying! I'm a hundred miles south of you in the sunny southeast. I brought a couple of my kids to watch the Canaries friendly against Cobh Ramblers during the summer last year. Too late to convert them to the yellow and green though. You'll never guess who the eldest follows...........i'll give you a clue.............they wear red & white with a picture of a cannon on the crest!

Hope you get sorted somehow - enjoy the Carrow!

Small pointless aside - at their peak would you rather Brady, Giles or Roy Keane in the engine room?

Thanks Paddycanary, sure if we don’t make the Arsenal game I’ll get him to one in the new year hopefully. 

Never saw Giles playing but saw Brady and Keane play in Landsdowne a few times (saw Keane play at Carrow Road also)..loved Brady and his flair but if Ireland could have  one of them back in their prime  I’d have Keano and jasus we could use him 

I never saw Giles either, too young, but I saw the other two a few times. I was at the testimonial in Lansdowne when Brady was taken off!! He wasn't too impressed if I remember rightly. They're different types of player but you'd probably go for Keane alright due to his ability to single-handedly influence a game. And yes, agreed, we're fairly brutal at the moment, might sneak in if a favourable draw shines upon us for the new year. I wouldn't be banking on a win this month. 

I'm hoping to get over to Carrow Road in Feb/March if I can. Maybe I'll try somewhere else than here for tickets though!

You seem well aware of who Chippy Brady is, therefore it really should have occurred to you that seeking Arsenal tickets having joined the forum for this purpose would not go down well, your nickname or otherwise?

It's like someone wanting Man Utd tickets and joining under the guise of Nobby Stiles just to ask for them.

I really try to see the best in everyone, but you just didn't help yourself here I'm afraid.

Edited by Flying Dutchman