Norfolk  Dan

Match Night Thread -

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

On the plus side, we only have to endure one embarrassing season in this ****ty boring league. Championship is far better league for enjoyment.

But you might not be saying that next season when we struggle in that

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

we wouldn't have scored if we had been there until Sunday

We wouldn’t have scored if we’d been there until the last Sunday in November...2026

• Like 1

Just now, Making Plans said:

That’s the spirit.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I cannot believe how many times I have mentioned our terrible delivery. Why didn't our best taker, Vrancic, take it.

10 corners I saw at one point and I can't remember a chance from any of them.

Cantwell put in one delicious freekick from the right and then put everything else straight out of play. So strange.

F@cking clueless and awful. Standing in a pub with 30 neutrals with my Yellow and Green on. All shouting ‘how much is that **** Cantwell on?’ .... we don’t even look EFL2!!!

Well, I'm not writing us off just yet. Farke and the team deserve the chance to turn it around.

Here's hoping they're made of stronger stuff than most of you lot on here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

Absolutely will be saying that. Always have. Even when we survive in the prem, what’s the point? We’re never going to win anything. The best we can hope for all season is maybe scraping a freak result against the big boys. Everyone outside the top 6 sets up defensively and barring the once a generation Leicester type fluke, it’s the same teams winning it every year and nobody else is even competitive- it is ****ing boring.

The season can’t end soon enough. We’re so far out of our depth it’s crazy. Farke deserves so much more than this, he’s pulled a miracle off in promotion and hasn’t been given a fighting chance 

• Like 1

I really don't know where we go from here. To think we never created a meaningful chance against 10 men unless it was from outside the box.

Our delivery in the last third concerns me the most. For instance, we hit a high ball into Drmic when we could quite clearly see he had no chance of jumping.

We will concede every game and until we start scoring at the other end we are out of the game early on. We must concentrate on our final delivery.

I haven't given up hope and enjoyed the first half despite the scoreline. But it is testing my belief and loyalty to this set of players. Yes we know our lack of spending has contributed, we are a Championship squad in the EPL, but we do look out of our depth.

4 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

F@cking clueless and awful. Standing in a pub with 30 neutrals with my Yellow and Green on. All shouting ‘how much is that **** Cantwell on?’ .... we don’t even look EFL2!!!

Picturing someone actually shouting the term 'EFL2!' out loud has actually made me chuckle.

Don’t think Wankford are that clever. If hanging on in-the Prem is object then I’d rather be in the Isthmian 

10 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

We are worse than Huddersfield were last season

Yes and who quit the sinking ship!

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Picturing someone actually shouting the term 'EFL2!' out loud has actually made me chuckle.

Never heard anyone say that ... just C@nt...K@nt and Remorselessly CUN7.....they appeared to be West Ham supporters - apparently Snodgrass, Green and Deano are all C@nts as well .......so proud 

Can't see how we are going to accumulate enough points to stay up this season. For me reality has really hit home tonight, we are out of our depth in this division and haven't got enough players with the quality needed for this league. 

Edited by Alex

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

Webber thinks the sun shines out of his ****, so don't rule out an appearance here. 

2 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Not sure what you’re getting at here, Webber didn’t leave a sinking ship, he left Huddersfield before they reached the Premiership.

4 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Not sure what you’re getting at here, Webber didn’t leave a sinking ship, he left Huddersfield before they reached the Premiership.

Read the Huddersfield examiner from 27 April 17. You just might read something very very familiar!

Quote:

He then went on to specifically talk about the Huddersfield Town model and said: “Hopefully the model at Huddersfield proved it can work if you have good people.

"If I’m not the right person, or the Head Coach isn’t the right person, it doesn’t work. It works when you get the right people in place, the structure is one thing but actually the people are the most important and then also there can’t be any ego in it."

4 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Webber became Head of Football Operations at Huddersfield Town in June 2015, becoming instrumental in the recruitment of players that got Huddersfield promoted to the Premier League. In April 2017, he became Sporting Director at Norwich City, and oversaw another promotion to the Premier League.

5 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

My point is this Mr A. Webber is not the messiah everyone thinks he is, he is a football mercenary. He didn’t stay with Huddersfield, or his clubs prior to that. He isn’t a city fan, just another employee on the band wagon using various means in making his way to the top.  Yet he set city up just as he did Huddersfield Town. He recruited our manager from the same club as he did Wagner. He recruited German players from their lower leagues. Did he leave Huddersfield in a good place! Where are they now? Should you care to read their local newspaper the examiner you will read about ‘the model’

Yes he might have signed a new three year contract with us but openly stated that if he sees that through, he will move on. Do you think that means he will stay here? Is he committed? 

Listening to his pre match interview there is no doubt he knows this is a sinking ship simply from his own words. Not going to spend money to survive in the prem, no knee jerk reactions,  our status in that we are in the prem but really a top half EFL team blah blah blah. I have been watching city for very many years. People like him will come and go, as will owners, board members, managers and players. I’ve seen it all before. 

Webber came here with a brief to make the club self sufficient. That he has done. He, like many before him will move on on this carousel of football merry go rounds. Norwich will never, ever be a wealthy club. The current owners have seen to that!

5 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Despite there now being one whole League between us and the Scum, in the overall pecking order of positions there is only 2 positions difference between now and the end of last season.