Norfolk  Dan

Match Night Thread -

2 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

are you happy Delia?

Of cause she is. A season of being humiliated in this league and banking the money means she can hand the club over to Tom and keep it in the family 

Edited by JF

Just now, JF said:

Of cause she is. A season of being humiliated this league and pocketing the money means she can hand the club over to Tom and keep it in the family 

Exactly! And if we can perform in the championship again next year she’ll be everyone’s saviour!

why do we keep excepting this?

My word norwich are a very poor side, even playing 10. Blame all the injuries you like, team selection, lack of spending, Webber, Farke, Delia whomever.  They look like a bunch of misfits who have never played together. Calling them a pub team is  an injustice to pub teams. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yep I know we still have 27 games to go but not a chance in hell we won’t get relegated, lost all confidence, start to build for next year, no point in spending in January, we’re just not good enough.

Hopefully we’ll put a few spanner’s in the works of some of the top 6 teams.

Just now, Making Plans said:

Another wise investment

When you're spending barely anything you're restricted to players who have some form of chequered history.

Terrible.  And Cantwell is a big time Charlie.  Evidenced by his refusal to sign his new contract.  Not what’s needed to turn round 2 nil defeat. 

• Like 1

This season is quickly becoming embarrassing. 

The young players are being hung out to dry. Getting thumped 2 or 3 nil every week is not helping their development. We should have signed the experience required to compete at this level. 

If we go down, we will end up with a worse squad than we had last year. 

Sad to say but truth is we have very few premier league quality players. We can huff and puff but aren't taking our chances and making suicidal errors to boot. We've been found out.

No meaningful goal in 7 games.

Conceding by the bucket load - Despite apparently having 3 young £40/50+ Million defenders.

Embarrassed at home by bottom of the league.

No Fight

No Passion

Less Quality

No doubt it'll be the same regurgitated guff from Farke and Webber. 

Unacceptable.

Norwich had the most difficult set of opening fixtures, the worst set of injuries that could of befallen a newly promoted side, players playing out of position virtually from the first game, and a complete loss of confidence as a consequence.

They haven’t exactly been dealt a fair hand this season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

Exactly! And if we can perform in the championship again next year she’ll be everyone’s saviour!

why do we keep excepting this?

I’d be interested to hear what the other options are instead of ‘accepting this’ perhaps you could enlighten us?

Something's gotta give. Literally no sign of improvement. Confidence gone and even the thought of players coming back doesn't fill me with hope anymore. Such a shame.

1 minute ago, unique said:

Norwich had the most difficult set of opening fixtures, the worst set of injuries that could of befallen a newly promoted side, players playing out of position virtually from the first game, and a complete loss of confidence as a consequence.

They haven’t exactly been dealt a fair hand this season.

Injuries to defenders that conceded the most goals in winning a championship. And the problem now. We cannot defend! Oh and we cannot score either. 2 in 7 games!

Just now, unique said:

Norwich had the most difficult set of opening fixtures,

But just to put this into perspective, we've just lost 2-0 at home against a team that hadn't won for months and who had 10 men for most of the 2nd half.

Any even then they were better than us

We can't defend, we are cluless in midfield and we wouldn't have scored if we had been there until Sunday

• Like 1

I don’t feel angry or sad just embarrassed that we are so woefully short of the standard required. 
I thought this was our strongest squad going into a PL season but how wrong can I be? I think we can forget any January business of significance. Best to save the money and accept that we are too far short of quality this time around and prepare to go again next season.

Yes, it was loss and worrying that we could not turn possession to clear cut scoring chances. One touch too slow the game down or last pass quality missing.

However, I think the team was really fighting for points and playing with more courage than for a long time. Its small things that matter why we got no points today, but I think there was lots of positives as well!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, JF said:

Leagues whipping boys. 750k spent so what did we expect? There is literally no point in us being in this league with these owners

And what is the point of even spending that when we don't even [p;lay him!

Why on earth does anyone think Tettey could be CB, wow I’m a great fan of Farke but really needs to be ruthless and play players in their best positions, we’ve seen playing players in roles they’re not accustomed to doesn’t work.

Well that was poor, never mind at least we’re financially secure for the next few years.

On the plus side, we only have to endure one embarrassing season in this ****ty boring league. Championship is far better league for enjoyment.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1